• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I just got a really uninformed response from Sega of America ...

baphomet

That sounds more like he's inadvertently confirmed Bayo 1 for WiiU to me.

A phone rep at Sega of America wouldn't know anything more than the general public. I highly doubt anywhere in their answer scripts it mentions a Bayonetta 1 port is in development.

Sendou

daSgXOJ.png

Yeah and usually such thing means that it's a sequel but apparently now it means that the game is an enhanced port with a co-op added. I just can't trust Nintendo after this. That was some serious misleading.

Well at least people can now stop asking for Bayonetta 1 Wii U.

akira28

So they just got rid of the Orgasmic Hair Demon for the Wii-U PG13 version? I'm strangely ecstatic about this. I hated the short hair and butterfly suit.

Shtof

So the "2" in Bayonetta 2 just means there's a 2 player mode? And the rest is just a port of Bayonetta 1?

Pikma

Banned
Yeah and usually such thing means that it's a sequel but apparently now it means that the game is an enhanced port with a co-op added. I just can't trust Nintendo after this. That was some serious misleading.

So the "2" in Bayonetta 2 just means there's a 2 player mode? And the rest is just a port of Bayonetta 1?

lol you guys can't be serious, can you?

Nibel

i0YFaWNFWScD8.gif

Both of you are.. really "misinformed" :)

Sami+

More bad news for Wii u. First the never ending Japanese heatwave of 2013, then pikmin 3 was outsold by tamagotchi handhelds unearthed from 12 years ago, now we learn the only new content in bayonetta 2 is her costume. It is all but confirmed wonderful 101 is getting downgraded to wonderful 75 too.
Don't forget them taking out Metroid's crawl.

Nintendo needs to get their shit together.

dysonEA

Just an update, Sega wrote back without me even prompting them admitting it was miss-information:

Hello again,
The information provided is not accurate and we apologize for any confusion. Bayonetta 2 is an entirely new game.
Best Regards,

SEGA of America Customer Service
Supervisor

But still no answer whether or not a Bayo 1 port would be headed to the Wii U :(

Frodo

Looks like someone is still salty over the Bayo2 exclusivity on Sega's CS lol

You can not write that with a straight face :p

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Wait did SEGA lose all rights to bayo after platinum went to nintendo? If so that would explain why the email OP got reeks of salt.

Edit: ^ Salt-mind

Exile20

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/o...y-over-bayonetta-2-guaranteed-lulz.453269427/

We are being laughed at by ign boards. It seems they do not realize most posts were sarcasm...

I've heard us be referred to as "the other 4-chan" on there once, they must really have no idea in the slightest about us.

They do have some what of a point. Neogaf is all about the Nintendoomed and "I am not buying a Wii U for one game" mentality. It is always one game?!?!? If it isn't Tw101, it is WW, if it isn't B2 it is some other game.

I could have sworn I saw the same person post they are not buying a Wii U for one game multiple times for different games.

ShinNL

They do have some what of a point. Neogaf is all about the Nintendoomed and "I am not buying a Wii U for one game" mentality. It is always one game?!?!? If it isn't Tw101, it is WW, if it isn't B2 it is some other game.

I could have sworn I saw the same person post they are not buying a Wii U for one game multiple times for different games.
Hah, it never occurred to me to track people who always post that. This might be interesting.

dysonEA

Got a more legit official non-reply concerning Bayo 1 on Wii U:

In the absence of an official statement, I'm afraid we can't comment on whether or not the possibility of a Wii-U port for the original Bayonetta exists. But I can say that the original is currently available to download on both PSN for the PS3 and XBLA for the X360.
Best Regards,

SEGA of America Customer Service
Supervisor

Elfteiroh

Have you seen the karkland?

Oh.. Yeah... I knew it was a good idea to write "probably" in that sentence. :p

Got a more legit official non-reply concerning Bayo 1 on Wii U:

Oh, yeah, that's pretty much what is expected at that point. I like the "In the absence of an official statement"... That makes it impossible to twist it in any form of "veiled" reply... Well, I think. o-o People are often quite surprising in their quest for improbable answers.

Also, that's one hell of a better answer.

Gskyace

That's a new meaning for 2!
Bayonetta 2(players/costumes/hairs)

Then every Final Fantasy 13 should have a multiplay of 13 people or at least 13 costumes, which they have almost done it :D

Platy

I was thinkling of sending an email to sega about those 3d classics but I guess it is not a good idea =P

Also, maybe sega trolled because they don't have anything to do with the WiiU version of Bayoneta 2

rjc571

Banned
I was thinkling of sending an email to sega about those 3d classics but I guess it is not a good idea =P

I already tried that a few months ago when the second wave of games started to roll out, even mentioned that I had a Japanese 3DS and was going to buy the Japanese versions instead of waiting for them to come out in NA if they didn't announce anything soon, still got a "no comment". On the plus side, I get to enjoy Sonic the Hedgehog and Galaxy Force 2 and Ecco the Dolphin and Shinobi III in 3D whenever I want right now instead of having to wait an undetermined amount of time!

Top Bottom