• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I'm getting fired on Thursday.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I see what you're saying, robot, but this company acts differently.
I've seen one of my good friends get done in, after she was barely getting correspondence from upper management.
They could've been more direct but they let her flounder for two weeks before finally letting her go.
Would your company be better of without you though?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I doubt you are getting fired as if that was the plan, they'd do it right away.
Yeah I doubt they’d set up a meeting in advance. If you’re getting walked it’s a “hey can we talk?” and they lead you to a room with HR and it’s done then and there

x1

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
My guess is that had to do with performance and not what you are going through. Even cutting through your bullshit and bravado, your job is at risk because of your behavior. If the decision were made, they'd do it first thing to prevent any potential harm you could cause.

Or his team's interpretation of his behaviour. When taking in his own results in consideration that should mean shit. Ideally.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Would your company be better of without you though?
Eh, I'm a top notch performer, but as with any business, losing someone regardless of productivity, wouldn't mean the end of the world.
I can definitely be replaced.

By someone more efficient? Who knows. That's on them to figure out.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Gonna be really disappointed if you still have your job when I wake up tomorrow

Go Away GIF

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Man it’s been 8+ years since I’ve got a job where I come and go as I please and work remotely and nobody cares if you’re getting your shit done, having flashbacks to where people give a shit about whether or not you’re at your desk…woof I don’t miss that life

Soodanim

Gold Member
Eh, I'm a top notch performer, but as with any business, losing someone regardless of productivity, wouldn't mean the end of the world.
I can definitely be replaced.

By someone more efficient? Who knows. That's on them to figure out.
It's on you to figure out when you get promoted to head executive boss manager.

I think this thread needs a poll. We can vote on your fate.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Talk to me when you've owned a company, hired and managed employees. His behavior can be a determent to the results of his co-workers.

Or perhaps it's the other way around? You've been there and seen how the group relation is?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Talk to me when you've owned a company, hired and managed employees. His behavior can be a determent to the results of his co-workers. You also have to be willing to believe his boasts, which I don't.
I have a good worker on my team that i wish I could fire because his interaction with everyone is just awful.

bender

What time is it?
Or perhaps it's the other way around? You've been there and seen how the group relation is?

I've read his posts. If he were my employee, he wouldn't be my employee.

I have a good worker on my team that i wish I could fire because his interaction with everyone is just awful.

That's a tough balancing act. I recently sold my company and the person I'm training...let's just say I'm glad they aren't my responsibility much longer.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Talk to me when you've owned a company, hired and managed employees. His behavior can be a determent to the results of his co-workers. You also have to be willing to believe his boasts, which I don't.
Maybe then you should fire some of his co-workers? It’s a company, not a childcare.

When's the meeting? The unemployment rate in the US is incredibly low right now. I think you'll find something quickly if you do get fired.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
In how many hours does your shift end? And your boss? What time is it currently over there?

YCoCg

So, Mr. Hops, we've noticed you're hitting your performance target well and everyone else isn't, we've launched an investigation into this and it seems that morale amongst other work mates is at an all time low, everyone is angry and hungry and no one trusts anyone else in the office, this has affected their performance by a large margin. Upon concluding our investigation we found out that one person in the office was stealing all the lunches from the staff fridge, ...you can see where we're going with this right?

Top Bottom