• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I wanted to wait on an xbox one S, but these deals are too good to pass up. Thoughts?

HI GAF

I was set on getting the slim so I could get the 4k bluray player out of it, but for 300-400(depending on HDD size) you get no extras with it. Plus with the neo presumably also doing 4k bluray, I could just get that instead.

but from microsoft for 300 I can get

1TB Xbox One Bundle. Halo 5 + Forza Motorsport 6 + Extra Controller + $50 Microsoft Store GC + $20 Design Lab Credit $299 + Free Shipping + Assassin's Creed Unity (Xbox One)

or from amazon for the same price

Xbox One 1TB Console - The Division Bundle + $50 Amazon Gift Card [Physical Card] + Rainbow Six Siege [Physical Disc] + Xbox One Special Edition Dusk Shadow Wireless Controller + Forza Horizon 2 [Emailed Digital Code]

I'd sell the division and rainbow six. The blue controller is nicer too than a 2nd black one

Thoughts, GAF? hold strong, or go ahead and just do it?

sense

depends on if you want the xb1 to be your main console or you just need to enjoy some of its exclusives and play elsewhere and also if you need 4k movie playback.

I agree there are some crazy deals going around and I wonder if MS is having trouble moving stock since the slim is so attractive plus some may wait for scorpio.

notaskwid

If you don't care for 4k BluRays then go for it, although if you hold out you'll get better prices after the Slim is released for sure.

depends on if you want the xb1 to be your main console or you just need to enjoy some of its exclusives and play elsewhere and also if you need 4k movie playback.

I guess the ps4 would be my "main" console, but I have a high end gaming PC.

I know that kinda takes away from a LOT of the xbox one library going forward, but the halo and my wife REALLY wants to play some of her 360 games again(I know theres refurb 360s for stupid cheap but i'd rather just get the new one)

Plus if the cross buy works how I want, we could play gears together through PC and xbox one without having to go split screen

There's no reason not to buy the $250/300 bundles out there. I got a $300 1tb with $50 gift card that included halo 5, gears, rare replay, and ori.

The new fancy console will do the same things for more money. Buy it now.

Put aside the 4k stuff since only you know how important that actually is to you.

Otherwise, it's a plastic box that sits under your TV. The old one is bigger than the new one, and it's black. They do the exact same thing.

Is my XBone big? Yes. Does that affect anything at all in my life? No. It just sits there being big. Who cares?

If you want an XBone, that deal is too good to pass up.

maxcriden

I got the $270 one and if the $300 was the only one left (on Amazon) I'd have gotten it. I think it's too good to pass up, and esp. w/ the Amazon one any part you don't want you can sell.

There's no reason not to buy the $250/300 bundles out there. I got a $300 1tb with $50 gift card that included halo 5, gears, rare replay, and ori.

The new fancy console will do the same things for more money. Buy it now.

If you want an XBone, that deal is too good to pass up.

Basically what I'm thinking. 4k bluray is nice but I'd have to start buying 30 dollar blurays to take advantage, etc.

Now just to decide which deal... halo 5 + forza sound much better, plus the gift card I can use on live, plus the 20 dollar credit to the design lab so I can make my own, but the division might be okay, plus I'd rather have a blue controller as my 2nd

Basically what I'm thinking. 4k bluray is nice but I'd have to start buying 30 dollar blurays to take advantage, etc.

Now just to decide which deal... halo 5 + forza sound much better, plus the gift card I can use on live, plus the 20 dollar credit to the design lab so I can make my own, but the division might be okay, plus I'd rather have a blue controller as my 2nd

Buy it...and if you have any interest in racing games get Horizon 2. It's incredible and 3 is on it's way.

Oh man. It looks like the Halo bundle on Amazon sold out.

Hopefully there are more great deals leading up to the S.

Microsoft store has the halo bundle

is the 349 for the elite bundle worth it? I know everyone swears by that controller but that seems like a lot to give up for just a nice ass controller

Moofers

Those deals are stellar. I got a black xbone and it sits in a place where I never even see it. It works great, plays great games, and I'm completely happy with it.

jadedm17

How is this a question?
Do you care about 4k movies? If yes, wait. If no, buy.
Simple.

Oh man. It looks like the Halo bundle on Amazon sold out.

Hopefully there are more great deals leading up to the S.

There will be plenty of deals but what more do you want these current two dont offer? Those are great deals.

Why would you buy one before Xbone Scorpio is released?

Why buy any console? A new one is coming out at some point.

We have very few solid details regarding price and launch date for the new consoles. Games will still work on Scorpio, OP can turn around and sell this system before the new one comes out and can enjoy games now instead of waiting a year.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hold strong.

The S design is incredibly sexy, almost as good as the Xbox 360 S to me.

Why would you buy one before Xbone Scorpio is released?

I have a PC. If I want better graphics i'll just use that

plus the scorpio isn't 300 bucks with a ton of games and gift cards and controllers and available now.

Hold strong.

The S design is incredibly sexy, almost as good as the Xbox 360 S to me.

I hate the white and would be buying it in spite of that (because of the 4k). Also its a white box vs a black box, basically the same shit

etta

my hard graphic balls
I hate the white and would be buying it in spite of that (because of the 4k). Also its a white box vs a black box, basically the same shit

Well I mean if you laid the Xbox 360 and 360 S on their side and called them boxes as well, sure.
The design has been significantly modernized and improved, it's more minimalistic and the vent design helps it further in my opinion (not significantly of course but there's other vent designs that would probably have different effects on the overall console).

If you want it to come with extras you could wait for the Halo 5 S bundle or just until Black Friday, I'm sure there will be plenty of bundles to pick from and by that time Fall games that you may want for it will be cheaper to buy.

CnFv2mtWAAEhK1k.jpg:large

Just look at this sexy beast though:

I likewise hate white. I want my consoles to blend with my entertainment center, not stick out like a sore thumb. (Yes, it would theoretically be possible white could blend better depending on your color scheme, but black, by it's very nature tends to be a much easier fit for most color schemes.)

I bought a bundle with one game for $275, could not pass it up, dont care how sexy the S is, it plays the same games at the same performance, I dont care about 4k Xbox Guide or Blurays though.

Please read my edited post.

I did. it's not JUST 360 games, the BC is just a selling point.

plus, she doesn't like the 360 controller after using the xbone controller, which she already has.

And the cross play stuff is a nice bonus, as is halo shit that I can't get on PC.

I'm not looking forward to paying for xbox live, but it comes with the territory and something I'll have to do anyway

If 4k isn't something that you need, want or even have the 4k set for, then I say go for these deals. I personally think they are too good to pass up on. Then again it is all contingent on you as a user not needing or wanting a 4k ready console.

I had the same problem but in the end the decision was quite easy. I don't own a 4K set so, there is no need for me to upgrade. Keeping my launch Xboxone.

Microsoft store has the halo bundle

is the 349 for the elite bundle worth it? I know everyone swears by that controller but that seems like a lot to give up for just a nice ass controller

How is this a question?
Do you care about 4k movies? If yes, wait. If no, buy.
Simple.

There will be plenty of deals but what more do you want these current two dont offer? Those are great deals.

Because a Microsoft Store Gift Card is much less appealing than an Amazon one. With Halo gone I'm back to waiting.

I'm kind of hoping to find somebody selling the Kinect Bundle for $200 or offering a similar controller, gift card deal as above with the Kinect model.

If 4k isn't something that you need, want or even have the 4k set for, then I say go for these deals. I personally think they are too good to pass up on. Then again it is all contingent on you as a user not needing or wanting a 4k ready console.

I had the same problem but in the end the decision was quite easy. I don't own a 4K set so, there is no need for me to upgrade. Keeping my launch Xboxone.

I have a 4k tv. it is a selling point for the slim, but is not a deal breaker to not get it, especially if the neo has 4k bluray

Because a Microsoft Store Gift Card is much less appealing than an Amazon one. With Halo gone I'm back to waiting.

I'm kind of hoping to find somebody selling the Kinect Bundle for $200 or offering a similar controller, gift card deal as above with the Kinect model.

I agree. though i'm going to need XBL anyway, so either the amazon or microsoft card is gonna be used for that anyway so no big deal.

LewieP

There will be bundles around Black Friday for the S that are not much worse than the current bundles for the OG model.

Did MS talk about the difference in power usage for the two models? Typically revisions like this use less power than the original model, which will likely cover a big chunk of the cost difference over it's lifetime.

TaterTots

Banned
I guess the ps4 would be my "main" console, but I have a high end gaming PC.

I know that kinda takes away from a LOT of the xbox one library going forward, but the halo and my wife REALLY wants to play some of her 360 games again(I know theres refurb 360s for stupid cheap but i'd rather just get the new one)

Plus if the cross buy works how I want, we could play gears together through PC and xbox one without having to go split screen

You just made this ridiculously tough. If your wife wants to get down on some games then I'd jump on one of these deals. That way going forwards the games you purchase will be cross buy. You both can play going forward....win win. Also, you can essentially get 4 games with the console. Great deal imo.

I have a 4k tv. it is a selling point for the slim, but is not a deal breaker to not get it, especially if the neo has 4k bluray

I agree. though i'm going to need XBL anyway, so either the amazon or microsoft card is gonna be used for that anyway so no big deal.

Has 4k tv

Wait for Scorpio

Top Bottom