• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I work at NeoGAF for a living..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggroin

Banned
Would be an amazing thing to say, and it be true. Imagine being paid to write official topics for the forum or moderate or handle back end stuff?

The thought crossed my mind thinking on how absolutely large and influential this forum has become over the years. It's probably THE source for most gaming news I'd imagine (GAF -> Internet -> GAF) and had me wondering when does a forum transcend into something like a full blown website similar to other loved sites like say, The Verge or IGN?

The guy (Evileore) is super busy, so maybe a Mod would be able to tell us if he's ever thought about moving the forum in that direction.

As much love as there is, there's be no shortage of folks wanting in on the action!

Wait. Do you mean you don't get paid to post here? I do. I make posts all the time that only EskimoJoe Gold members can see, and you can be one of them for the low, low price of $7.99 a month. PM me for details.

JDSN

Banned
I thought there was some money changing hands here, some of the OTs of series like Assassin Creed get some gargantuan threads despite being some bullshit series. And all those people defending the XBOX drm getting banned left and right with the same generic script.

Patryn

Why would this be necessary?

NeoGAF as a forum is working just fine.

Gaming news web sites, meanwhile, are shutting down or expanding their content to include stuff like TV reviews and the like because there's not enough money to be made just covering games.

OctoMan

Banned
did EviLore pay you say this

shill! shill! get the shill!
Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club bloodborne Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club last of us Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club Drive club

I'm richhhhhhh bitchhhhhhhhh

massoluk

Banned
If mod actually get paid, I shuddered at the thought of a mod having to fullfil ban quota. Bishop would make out like bandit though.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Neogaf is usually not the source of breaking news. You just hear about it faster here because we're a bunch of nerds browsing websites.

Why pay people for stuff other people do for free?
There is no shortage of new topics on Gaf. No shortage of people gathering the news. No shortage of people willing to offer their game impressions etc.

I think the reason why GAF is so successful is because its not like all the other sites and forums.

Aeana

I'm surprised. Isn't that quite a bit of free work, then?
It's whatever we feel like doing. I usually just browse normally and take care of stuff if I see it. Sometimes we do major bits of work like when we decide to clean out a whole thread, though.

As for saying I do work here, I'm probably more likely to keep it to myself in light of how seriously people tend to be with their hatred of the staff elsewhere.

ruxtpin

Banned
Please enlighten me if I'm wrong, but seeing as how the owner took a trip across Europe, the forum hardly ever changes, and the mods do their stuff for free - I have a hard time believing it takes a ton of work to keep this place going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom