• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: IEM Season VIII: Cologne – StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

SamuraiX-

I gotta say, those EMPs at the end there made something move in my pants.
iLznxRV.png

GG WP to Polt and HerO. Too bad for HerO that he fell apart to drop play or he probably would have closed that out.

Crazy play by Polt to snipe all the Nexus and poor HerO for losing all his Nexuses lol.

Too bad Polt. GG WP HerO. Lategame toss prevails again though HerO had the advantage for most of the game lol.

Lets hope the Balance patch hits before the Katowice tournament. Let Terrans get a few new strats with Widow Mines and for Toss to get their blink play nerfed. Maybe Hydra play from Zergs in TvZ.

Props to HerO for making it to the finals and winning it.

The tournament was really well done. Best games played yet excluding Innovation's games which was crap.

Polt showed us that even if Terran has a disadvantage against Protoss currently, you can make it your game with good engages and drops. Well minus the lategame anyways.

Awesome tournament.

And despite outplaying the shit out of HerO, Polt will now lose because David Kim laughs at Terran Tier 3.

Fuck this game.

Polt made the finals on the back of winning against protoss.

No I disagree. Most of the thread is actually celebrating when people's favorite player passes with a few salty posts thrown in for when their favorite player loses or celebrating a very good game.

I'm not going back and quoting all of the posts complaining about protoss. It's pretty easy to look back at the last few pages to see it all.

Dude I dunno where you were but there was complaining about Terran. Just because it wasn't as much doesn't mean there wasn't any. BTW Zerg dominated WOL even if Terran started out strong and did very well while Protoss barely got anything.

Terran were the best race in WoL with zerg just behind. Despite that people still spent most of it complaining about protoss just as everyone has since the beta. There was complaining about terran but nowhere near this amount of hate despite it being even more deserved.

Samurai's position was that TvP is where the Terran is always behind and has to outplay the Protoss which you don't agree with.

I think that protoss has the advantage but that doesn't mean that they can't out play a terran player.

edit: The SC2 community is just so toxic.

Yes I can agree with you on the toxic element. Just look at Avilo. That guy is cancer incarnate on the community of Terrans that follow him just to complain. Anyways gonna post my feeling about TvP on the main SC2 thread so give it a look in about 5 minutes.

SamuraiX-

Polt made the finals on the back of winning against protoss.

While trying to reinvent the entire fucking metagame in the process. In the end, the fundamentally broken aspects of Protoss carry them to a victory.

In three premier tournaments so far this year, we've had grand finals consist of two PvPs and one PvT, with Protoss taking them all.

And there probably wasn't as much backlash back when Terran and Zerg were dominating because at least their options were limited. Protoss can make all the mistakes they want and win with whatever composition they please right now.

EmiPrime

The sad thing is HerO is good enough to win any tournament on his own merits, always has been, but it's just too easy for Protoss to recover from mistakes and to destroy mineral lines.

It was a big mistake to buff the warp prism, give photon overcharge, add the oracle etc.

Yes I can agree with you on the toxic element. Just look at Avilo. That guy is cancer incarnate on the community of Terrans that follow him just to complain.

Avilo at least makes his whining entertaining.

While trying to reinvent the entire fucking metagame in the process. In the end, the fundamentally broken aspects of Protoss carry them to a victory.

In three premier tournaments so far this year, we've had grand finals consist of two PvPs and one PvT, with Protoss taking them all.

And there probably wasn't as much backlash back when Terran and Zerg were dominating because at least their options were limited. Protoss can make all the mistakes they want and win with whatever composition they please right now.

There was still backlash against protoss even when they were shit. Either way i'm not getting bogged down in this. This was an awesome tournament.

survivor

Banned
Outside of JD not making the finals, this tourney provided a lot of great games and was pretty awesome. Looking forward to the last qualifier.

Yes I can agree with you on the toxic element. Just look at Avilo. That guy is cancer incarnate on the community of Terrans that follow him just to complain. Anyways gonna post my feeling about TvP on the main SC2 thread so give it a look in about 5 minutes.

How can you hate on the best NA Terran player that invented the modern day mech style in TvZ? lol

Syf

Banned
This tournament really renewed my interest in the pro scene. What an awesome weekend. So many great matches. Props to IEM for releasing all these replays too.

Thanks bro. Polt reignited my passion for the game. Gonna take a look at all these replays. :D

The sad thing is HerO is good enough to win any tournament on his own merits, always has been, but it's just too easy for Protoss to recover from mistakes and to destroy mineral lines.

It was a big mistake to buff the warp prism, give photon overcharge, add the oracle etc.

It feels like WoL again with Terran only buffs instead of nerfs lol. Buff Oracle speed, buff sentry Hallucination, buff Warp Prism, buff Tempest vs Structure LOL.

Avilo at least makes his whining entertaining.

There was still backlash against protoss even when they were shit. Either way i'm not getting bogged down in this. This was an awesome tournament.

lol So would you enjoy it if we made our whining entertaining?

Outside of JD not making the finals, this tourney provided a lot of great games and was pretty awesome. Looking forward to the last qualifier.

How can you hate on the best NA Terran player that invented the modern day mech style in TvZ? lol

Yeah agreed. Wasn't it Major that did modern day mech in TvZ? lol

This tournament really renewed my interest in the pro scene. What an awesome weekend. So many great matches. Props to IEM for releasing all these replays too.

They have the VODs on youtube as well if you missed any matches.

Mechin it happin baby.

LOL I wish Meching it happin can happen in TvP! ;_;

Daante

This was overall a GREAT tournament! , many great and sick games indeed. Happy to see that a TERRAN got far into the tournament. With a little luck it would have been Terran vs Zerg in the final, witch would have been cool since all the late protoss domination.

I really like when they pair pro players with ordinary commentators as a commentator duo, feel it really ads a lot more compared to the regular concept.

Syf

Banned
I really like when they pair pro players with ordinary commentators as a commentator duo, feel it really ads a lot more compared to the regular concept.
Yeah, I agree with that. It's interesting hearing an actual pro player analyze the game (though I wasn't really a fan of the Ret/Apollo duo).

Top Bottom