• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If a Smash port gets announced for Switch it can finally fix the one thing I hate

Shouldn't everyone want a brand new Smash for Switch?

Honestly it's going to be a hard feat. to top it, and I don't wanna be without my Shulk/Cloud/Roy/Bayo

Smash 4 is a fantastic game, I wanna have it on a good system and I really don't need a new Smash yet. In the meantime, bring over my SSB4Switch

exfatal

Smash Wii U didnt get its chance to shine on the dying platform would be my guess into why everyone wants a port instead of a new copy, either that or smash 4 is the best and making a new one is a waste of time cause it'll never live up to smash 4 and all the advance techs that make the game what it is will die along with a new version.

Imma go with the former though.

Also probably take longer for a whole new game then a quick port.

DylanEno

Super Smash Bros. Switch

At the very least given how good a console Name the switch is, it'll be a million times better than anything with the name Wii U in it.

Charamiwa

Banned

But most people know why asking for a brand new Smash right now wouldn't be realistic. Normally it happens once every 7 years or so, and they stopped making content for the new one last year.

Nah, I want a port first. I love Smash, but I play games on my Switch now, not the Wii U. I also don't play games at home much anyways, so being able to take the HD experience on the go is also great. It also helps that I can play 2P with literally anyone at any time. Lastly, a port would require less effort than a brand new game, meaning we may get a few new characters and stages, which is great because I feel like the next new Smash will never be able to match the size and greatness of this roster, so I'd rather this than a brand new game at this time.

Of course I'd love a new Smash a few years down the line, let's say 2-4 years.

Also, a Switch version would be absolutely perfect to unify all the 3DS and Wii U exclusive stages and modes into one package.

Smash U is the "playable" version, but 3DS's Stages and Smash Run are sooooo much better than U versions.

Super Smash Bros. Switch

At the very least given how good a console Name the switch is, it'll be a million times better than anything with the name Wii U in it.

Wait this is actually kinda good. I know a lot of people have been throwing out fun ideas like being able to switch between characters per stock and stuff, so this'd be perfect, actually.

Bluth54

Who cares what the name is?

At bare minimum they need to port over the 3DS stages and add a stage hazard toggle.
Some new fighters and stages would be nice too.

Also x2

I'm the type of person that has actually brought a Wii U out to conventions to play Smash 4 in the hallways with friends. Would be nice not having to bring a whole console next time!

I actually like the name because of the play on words. "For" = 4.

Anyway, it's going to be called Smash Brothers For Nintendo Switch, or I will be shocked. It just makes too much sense.

Galang

Banned
first post nails it. what else could they possibly go with?

Seriously. If it's a port there's no way they would go with anything else...

Why is it people keep begging for a port? Wouldn't it be cool if we got a new game?

Nobody is begging. It's more that most people have accepted it likely will be a port with a few additions. I don't think anyone would complain about an entirely new game

Kevinroc

Super Smash Bros. for Switch (Deluxe)

I'm not trying to be cute. But any port of Smash Wii U (and 3DS) will be identified as such. And may or may not have "Deluxe" in the title.

Why is it people keep begging for a port? Wouldn't it be cool if we got a new game?

Already explained a number of times.

Honestly it's going to be a hard feat. to top it, and I don't wanna be without my Shulk/Cloud/Roy/Bayo

Smash 4 is a fantastic game, I wanna have it on a good system and I really don't need a new Smash yet. In the meantime, bring over my SSB4Switch

+ unifying Wii U and 3DS content into one perfect package. It's an idea that makes way too much sense and Smash 4 is a no-brainer for easy sales on a better platform like Switch, ala MK8DX

Pokemaniac

The longer this theoretical Smash 4 port goes without getting announced, the less likely it is to actually happen. At this point, it's looking pretty likely that either Serkan Toto's information was wrong or the game in development is a proper sequel.

trinest

Watch it be called Switch but then have an aspect behind why.

Like "Switch between classic Smash bros. Wii U version or 3DS version on the fly".
Like switch between the graphic styles.
Characters, levels etc.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I doubt they'll make a Smash Switch port. They need a new Smash Switch to carry their 2018/2019 line-up.

Also can the Switch even support 8 player local co-op? The Joycons interact with the Switch independently from each other so I imagine that caps the Switch max players quicker than on the Wii U.

Super Smash Bros. for Switch
Count on it

If it's built upon the foundation of a port of SSB4, this is absolutely what it will be called. "Deluxe" has mainly caught on because of MK8D and the characteristically unreliable rumour mill (also likely working from the precedent of MK8D) but is as much of an unsubstantiated fan creation as the hideous "Spla2n".

The longer this theoretical Smash 4 port goes without getting announced, the less likely it is to actually happen. At this point, it's looking pretty likely that either Serkan Toto's information was wrong or the game in development is a proper sequel.

This is pretty much how I feel at this point. IMO Smash 4 is done, Sakurai has moved on.

I get the feeling that he might not be working on Smash 5 at the moment, either. Since Melee, he's always made some original projects between each Smash game, such as Air Ride, Meteos, and Kid Icarus Uprising. The dude worked on SSB4 from like 2012-2016. I'd think he'd want to take a break from Smash and do something else before coming back.

Guys, it's not going to be Smash DX. That's Melee's Japanese title:

hXGCrLE.jpg

I'd argue Smash 4 wasn't quite as held back by the Wii U in the same way something like Tropical Freeze was. It was also released on 3DS, which retains the same core gameplay and roster as the Wii U version.

People are only really missing out on the some of the extra version exclusive fluff like the stages, trophies, Smash Tour, etc.

Lijik

If it's Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch I'm going to tattoo a picture of Reggie "my body is ready" Fils-Aime on my ass. 😣

look my dude, if you want the tat just get the tat theres no need to go through the pageantry of setting up an obviously bad bet that you're gonna lose

Zombine

Banned
Super Smash Bros For Wii U + 3DS Switch Deluxe Version (New DLC Not Included. The Old DLC From Super Smash Bros For Wii U + 3DS Included)

Top Bottom