• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If I buy Telltale's GotG on disc, will this work on XSX? (it's delisted)

Stafford

I still want to play Guardians by Telltale and I can get on disc for 15 euros for Xbox One. Will this work on Series X though? Because, is it BC?

Also, it's delisted on the store for a few years now and I read on Reddit that the disc only has episode 1 and it will need to download the other episodes via the store. Which I would assume won't work. Or will it? These episodes are kinda seen like DLC at that point, right?

Hopefully someone can tell me for certain before I make a purchase.

Last edited:

wvnative

No I don't think so, as for this game, I recall only episode 1 is on the disc. You could play that, but I believe the rest of the rest of the episodes are gone forever. This was, I BELIEVE, the only telltale game not to get a complete edition disc. Shame, it was good.

FeralEcho

Every all digital enthusiast this week between the Sony fuck up with entire digital libraries dissapearing,Sony booting you out of your Stellar Blade demo mid playthrough and shit like this:

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

Enjoy that all digital future everyone.

Also wtf is the point of a physical if you only put ep 1 on disc...in the wise words of the AVGN: what a load of bullshit!

DaGwaphics

If the disk came with ownership of the DLC, you should be good. Even when games get delisted from the the Xbox store the downloads should keep working for folks that already owned the software. If it was one of those things where you only got the first episode and had to purchase the rest you are likely out of luck.

Skifi28

Every all digital enthusiast this week between the Sony fuck up with entire digital libraries dissapearing,Sony booting you out of your Stellar Blade demo mid playthrough and shit like this:

Also wtf is the point of a physical if you only put ep 1 on disc...in the wise words of the AVGN: what a load of bullshit!
Don't you people ever get tired repeating the same shit on every single thread? Buy everything physical, we're not busting your balls about your choice.

intbal

The Amazon commenters have said for several years that the episodes could still be downloaded even though the game was delisted.
But I haven't checked there recently.
I bet it's still good, though.

FeralEcho

Don't you people ever get tired repeating the same shit on every single thread? Buy everything physical, we're not busting your balls about your choice.
Well I would but they made the next 4 episodes digitally exclusive so I can't anymore? 😂 Yay digital?

intbal

Well I would but they made the next 4 episodes digitally exclusive so I can't anymore? 😂 Yay digital?
As recently as May of last year, you could still download all the episodes from the Xbox store if you have the disc, even though it's delisted.
This according to a product review at Amazon.

SHA

People will take it seriously, buy a Rig and stay away from consoles, it's not hard actually, we got all the reasons, 8 years cycle, almost no new ips, remakes everywhere, it surly lacks the definition, I mean what's 9th gen? What's so special about it.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

People will take it seriously, buy a Rig and stay away from consoles, it's not hard actually, we got all the reasons, 8 years cycle, almost no new ips, remakes everywhere, it surly lacks the definition, I mean what's 9th gen? What's so special about it.
I'm tied to it as I built my library on consoles so it's hard to rebuild again on PC but If I wasn't I'd do it in a heartbeat nowadays.

Reactions: SHA

FeralEcho

As recently as May of last year, you could still download all the episodes from the Xbox store if you have the disc, even though it's delisted.
This according to a product review at Amazon.
It's stupid they didn't package it all at once in physical in the first place.

Quasicat

I don’t know about GotG, but Back to the Future works great and has the whole game on disc. The only issue is the extra content are videos that stream to the console and the server no longer exists. I was looking for GotG on Enuba and the digital version is $400. I need to see what the disc costs around here.

I don’t know about GotG, but Back to the Future works great and has the whole game on disc. The only issue is the extra content are videos that stream to the console and the server no longer exists. I was looking for GotG on Enuba and the digital version is $400. I need to see what the disc costs around here.
That pricing for the digital version! 😳 Anyway, you can still find plenty of listings for physical copies of both Xbox One and PS4 priced around €20 - €30 on Amazon ES, DE, FR, etc.

It's probably the same across the pond.

Last edited:

sachos

I still want to play Guardians by Telltale and I can get on disc for 15 euros for Xbox One. Will this work on Series X though? Because, is it BC?

Also, it's delisted on the store for a few years now and I read on Reddit that the disc only has episode 1 and it will need to download the other episodes via the store. Which I would assume won't work. Or will it? These episodes are kinda seen like DLC at that point, right?

Hopefully someone can tell me for certain before I make a purchase.
For these kind of questions DoesItPlay is an awesome resource. https://www.doesitplay.org/game/Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series/xone/Xbox Series X?region=PEGI&version=Standard

It seems that only Episode 1 is on Disc.

EDIT: Sorry, only read half your post. It seems you can use the disc to download the rest yes, if what DoesItPlay say is right. You may try asking them on twitter or discord to get some more insightful answer.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

He is literally talking about getting the physical version.

No I don't think so, as for this game, I recall only episode 1 is on the disc. You could play that, but I believe the rest of the rest of the episodes are gone forever. This was, I BELIEVE, the only telltale game not to get a complete edition disc. Shame, it was good.
I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the internet.

If it’s Telltale, can you not just watch a playthrough on Youtube and grab a controller, move the d-stick when the camera is fixed and the character is moving, and hammer the A button when something exciting is happening?

Top Bottom