• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Sony was to greenlight Bloodborne 2 without From, which studio would you prefer?

Soar

As someone who liked Nioh better, I don't think even Team Ninja can do it justice. The environment, ambience and foe designs in BB are just top notch, it's really like being transported into the world.

Ninja Theory is a bad choice, would prefer Capcom over them.

Regolego

Neo Member
Team Ninja or Ninja Theory or Platinum Studios. But yeah, Deck13 is the most obvious choice

For Dark Souls 4 why not take the Deep Down team from Capcom. After EA hardening up on games not having loot boxes - a Assassin's Creed-meets Dark Souls loot box-game would realistically be the next Souls anyway, sadly.

People tend to be super narrow minded when it comes to questions like these, especially when it's a high profile title. The idea of a developer being able to handle a genre outside of their flagship isn't even a possibility. Instead they'll think of the last game the developer made and assume it'll be that in different clothing.

So true. Lots of gaffers thought horizon was going to be shit because guerilla only made killzone games.

Mutombo

the nintendo zelda team.

Why am i the first to say this? I see dark souls/bloodborne as a zelda game by the from team. I would love to see the reverse.

Gah, everyone that said "NO ONE/UNTHINKABLE", you guys are no fun.
Course we don't want anyone but From and Miyazaki on this, but as a hypothetical situation it's interesting.

For me I do think Capcom has potential.
Capcom at their best have created REmake, DMC, Onimusha. Combine the great level design of REmake with the combat expertise they've shown with DMC, Onimusha, Monster Hunter and it's easy to see them translating those skills to a Bloodborne sequel.

And Naughty Dog is sick dude. Thing is, if Guerilla Games can transition from first person shooters to open world action games with siick combat, don't see why ND couldn't make a transition if they wanted. ND just seems like a talented studio that focuses on linear games because that's what they want to make right now. At the very least, at least the framerate would be stable ^_^

Also SOTN team

GreenStig

Neo Member
I'd rather no Bloodborne 2 if its without From/Miyazaki. I just can't see anyone else pulling off that kind atmospheric setting.

sense

If anybody else is going to make it, it is most likely going to be Sony japan studios and I am actually expecting this to happen. Probably psx or e3 2018

Memento

Gah, everyone that said "NO ONE/UNTHINKABLE", you guys are no fun.
Course we don't want anyone but From and Miyazaki on this, but as a hypothetical situation it's interesting.

For me I do think Capcom has potential.
Capcom at their best have created REmake, DMC, Onimusha. Combine the great level design of REmake with the combat expertise they've shown with DMC, Onimusha, Monster Hunter and it's easy to see them translating those skills to a Bloodborne sequel.

And Naughty Dog is sick dude. Thing is, if Guerilla Games can transition from first person shooters to open world action games with siick combat, don't see why ND couldn't make a transition if they wanted. ND just seems like a talented studio that focuses on linear games because that's what they want to make right now. At the very least, at least the framerate would be stable ^_^

Also SOTN team

Right?

I think people dont understand that all these studios have experienced and talented professionals that have played, loved and worked on a variety of games over the years.

I mean, Naughty Dog started with mascot platformers guys.

Of course each studio has its strenghs built by the experience of years working in the same franchises and so on. But it is absolutely ridiculous to think that a studio cant approach and tackle different genres. Guerrila truly is the best example currently.

And it is actually very fun to think about it, if nothing else.

if from isn't working on a souls-like, which i believe they said they weren't....why wouldn't sony greenlight either demon's 2 or bloodborne 2?

bobawesome

People saying they'd rather not have the game are bizarre. Yeah it won't be the exact same without From but what does it hurt to make it? It could turn out to be a good game. The only other alternative is to never have another Bloodborne game in this scenario. I'd rather they roll the dice and make one rather than never getting anything from that IP again. If the game is good, great. If the game is bad, then it's bad. Don't buy it. However it turns out, it doesn't impact the first one in any way. A bad sequel doesn't automatically make Bloodborne terrible. It also doesn't ruin your experience with the first game. I'd say it's better to have a chance at a good game than no game at all.

As for who would be the right fit, Team Ninja has come the closest with Nioh so give it to them and see what they come up with.

You liked Zero Time Dilemma, didn't you?

There's no question that developers can do more than what they're known for, the real problem is nobody seems to be able to do what FROM can with Souls and Bloodborne. Western studios in particular have shown very little sign of being able to craft a truly amazing combat system, let alone one that could approach Souls in terms of quality. Games that try to emulate Souls have by and large been watered down experiences that can't capture the series' magic.

Western studios like Naughty Dog would have to do a lot to convince me they could handle it, and even Japanese studios known for their combat such as Platinum tilt more towards fast-paced combo-driven character action, which is not suitable to Souls.

I realize the OP doesn't want the answer "No Bloodborne without FROM" but this is a title where the combat is more beloved than the franchise itself, the gameplay is the core appeal. No other studio has shown that they'd be able to capture it, and so a rehashing would likely be Souls in name only.

Top Bottom