• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If your 3DS is on 9.4 firmware or earlier, try some amazing and simple hacks!

A few months ago I briefly dabbled in the PKhex pokemon editor for X/Y/OR/AS and it was neat... but since then I haven't much touched my 3DS. Today I was looking to see if there were any ways to dump games on my 9.4 system to try Citra (PC 3DS emu) and while I had no luck with that, I did stumble upon large doses of extreme awesome.

For example, by scanning a simple QR code (load the game, press home, hold L and R to turn on camera, then press the QR code button) you can do all of the boring Animal Crossing chores instantly (watering your plants, unburying fossils/gyroids/etc, pulling your weeds). (US version)

gSNqMu4.png

Or maybe you want to restore all the grass that visitors have destroyed running around your town... (US version)

nU6vC3e.png

These can be repeated as often as you want by simply scanning the code again.

(full list here but don't try them willy-nilly till you've read the information here)

Heck, there are starting to be code websites that automatically generate QR codes for cheats in lots of games, like infinite rupees or all maimais in A Link Between Worlds.

http://fort42.hostei.com/ar3ds/index.php

If you want something that requires a bit more than instant gratification, there are quite a few save editors starting to appear as well that make use of this system to dump and edit saves (as I mentioned above, games like the latest pokemon quartet).

It feels like this is still fairly early on and with no hardware needed could become something even more amazing over time.

Top Bottom