• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're Sony, what do you do with the Uncharted IP moving forward?

Servbot24

Banned
UC4 is gonna sell around 10m. As much I wish it could end peacefully, no company just leaves 10 million in sales in the air.

With that understanding, I think it's reasonable to let it rest 5 or so years, then have a different studio give it a shot with ND supervision.

jjgzee

Banned
They shouldn't dare do one with Nate, not even a prequel.

If they do decide to do one:

U4 spoilers*

They left it open for Sam to go on adventures with Sully. So I guess that could work.

Personally, I don't think they should make another Uncharted, ever. No one is going to make an Uncharted game like Naughty Dog.

U4 was a perfect ending to a great franchise. Let it rest in peace.

Nictel

I would make another one where Drake is the father of a young boy who just started out adventuring, maybe they look for a crystal skull.

DOWN

Banned
Uncharted 4 clearly opens up two obvious options. The Sam and Sully partnership and the daughter

jdstorm

Banned
UNKARTED.

Also Nate and Elena having a daughter felt like a cop out. A nerdy son who was quiet, booksmart and much more like Elena then Nate would have been so much better.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
nothing. It should go the way of jak, spyro and others...

It actually takes courage to lay down a miking scheme however and push for new ideas instead

Let it rest a long time.

You can do a "Complete Collection" thing next gen if you want to. Maybe if some young, creative superstar developer comes along way down the road and wants to revisit it, carefully consider it, but with caution.

Upinsmoke

......... Did you not play 4 and beat it?

the epilogue introduces his daughter. She is already a junior treasure hunter at her young age and is very, very interested in ancient collectables. She finds Drake's book of information for lost treasure and the game closes with Drake telling his daughter his adventures. It's totally going to be her as the main in the next game.

Could be.

Honestly this is what I think would be cool...

What If you take tlou left behind gameplay, so not much emphasis on combat but just more on Stealth and survival. Say Drake's daughter finds a treasure, she goes off in search off that. Gets caught and ends up in human trafficking, then Drake and Elena have to hunt her down, puts a whole different spin on things. I'm kinda thinking Taken a little bit here :D Then again you couldn't call it uncharted so...

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Let it cool for a while. They can do another entry once they have an inspired idea. No need in forcing these.

Top Bottom