• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Gray Zone Warfare: 23 Minutes of Exclusive Gameplay

Get a look at 23 minutes of exclusive gameplay from Gray Zone Warfare, the upcoming Unreal Engine 5-powered military shooter from developer Madfinger Games.​

ABOUT THIS GAME​

Following a mysterious event that took place on an island in Southeast Asia, the entire area has been put under international quarantine. With almost all the civilian population evacuated by the United Nations, three PMCs are tasked by their enigmatic clients to explore the region, uncover its secrets, and bring back anything of value.​

REALISM AND TACTICAL GAMEPLAY​

Embrace the challenges of a true tactical FPS with extensive weapon customization and actual ballistic simulation. In this high-stakes environment, every decision counts, and every fight could result in the loss of your hard-earned gear and progress.

GrayZone_TacticalGameplay.gif

HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE WEAPONS AND GEAR​

Create your own firearm that perfectly suits your needs and playstyle. By exchanging, removing, or adding hundreds of various parts, mounts, and accessories, the behavior and performance of each weapon can change, making it adaptable to any situation.

GrayZone_WeaponCustomisation.gif

UNIQUE HEALTH SYSTEM​

Learn the intricacies of Gray Zone Warfare’s unique health system that abandons the widespread idea of hitpoints and instead aims to simulate the human body realistically. Every injury can negatively affect your perception and performance. Correctly identifying the issue and finding the right solution is one of the key elements you have to master in order to stay alive or save the lives of your teammates.

GrayZone_HealthSystem.gif

EXPANSIVE LIVING OPEN WORLD​

Explore a sprawling 42km² of the Democratic Republic of Lamang, a fictional Southeast Asian country inspired by the stunning landscapes of Laos. Utilize explorable Landing Zones and helicopters to move through a persistent world that keeps on living even when you’re not playing.

GrayZone_OpenWorld.gif

MATURE STORY​

Immerse yourself in a mature experience with an engaging storyline told through numerous missions. Encounter a colorful cast of characters, each with their own secrets and agendas. Navigate the web of lies, decide who you can trust, and expose the truth. Nothing is black and white, only different shades of gray…

StueyDuck

Is this PvP?

if not then it looks cool, but if it's meant to be then i think there's alot of bullshittery in this gameplay.

Edit: So yeah they are calling this an MMO on their steam page...

then none of what we saw was real, kind of giving me "the day before" nonsense vibes.

I mean how would that open world helicopter evac system work if it is truly an MMO open world PvP looter shooter. Won't there just be 100s of helicopters all over the skies all the time, How would loading into the game work, you just start near the helicopter hub and call it in to transport you, and no one else just happens to be around. There's many systems here that make no sense for PvP. If it's like a division style public space at base camp then does it server sync as you are flying into the map?

if they are utilizing safe zones or something in order to get your squad up and moving then they don't advertise as such. This game would be great as just a purely co-op experience but calling it a PvP and an MMO i have doubts

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Is this PvP?

if not then it looks cool, but if it's meant to be then i think there's alot of bullshittery in this gameplay.

Yeah from what I saw the IGN video didn't show any PvP whatsoever.., it was more like "PEEE v EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Edit: ...Which is much better than MMO PvP in my eyes. I don't have much interest in that crap.

Last edited:

killatopak

I so wish this was something like Far Cry with an actual story. I really like those inventory menu, weapon customization and healing system.

Last edited:

KaiserBecks

Is this PvP?

then none of what we saw was real, kind of giving me "the day before" nonsense vibes.

I mean how would that open world helicopter evac system work if it is truly an MMO open world PvP looter shooter. Won't there just be 100s of helicopters all over the skies all the time, How would loading into the game work, you just start near the helicopter hub and call it in to transport you, and no one else just happens to be around. There's many systems here that make no sense for PvP. If it's like a division style public space at base camp then does it server sync as you are flying into the map?

if they are utilizing safe zones or something in order to get your squad up and moving then they don't advertise as such. This game would be great as just a purely co-op experience but calling it a PvP and an MMO i have doubts

I've been following this game for a short while and from what I understand, it's an "MMO" in a sense that Tarkov is one.

tmlDan

it looks just okay, nothing special at all about it - it looks good but also bad graphically? i cant pinpoint why. No voice comms, no hand gestures , no dialogue....i dont get it.

Graphically, the LOD is nice. Lighting looks good… but that non-firing hand on the handguards, I just can’t and that wrist twist with the forearm and elbow sticking out to the side.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Reminds me of a modern day, SOCOM.. sigh I wish they would’ve never killed off that franchise
Confrontation is the one game I wish was around when GAAS started. Once the released Socom 4, it was over. If they would have just been able to keep Confrontation alive with new content I think it might still be around today. Sad 😞

Denton

ffs this stupidity again

Gray Zone is being made by czech gamedev veterans, people who worked on games like Mafia and Flashpoint before they switched to mobile (shadowgun, dead trigger), this is their return to big platforms. Definitely not some shady russians like Day Before.

salva

Looking good but please have SP and give us proper missions. I dont fully understand, but I hope you start with the gear you want like a real operative. Not the bs looting style to find the right weapons.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I'm just about to get my new PC soon. Anyone have any good recs for games like this while I wait for it? I assumed arma

Arma III for sure. I haven't played it myself, but I've heard Ground Branch is also decent, though it's still in early access.

Multiplayer-wise, Squad would probably be closest.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks like a PC game..... obviously because it is 😂

SJRB

Gold Member
This is blowing up on Twitch right now, a lot of big streamers like Shroud and LVNDMARK are playing this right now and the game seems surprisingly good!

Last edited:

Luipadre

This is blowing up on Twitch right now, a lot of big streamers like Shroud and LVNDMARK are playing this right now and the game seems surprisingly good!

Im watching lirik and its a well made game. A different type of extraction shooter. Needs a lot of work on AI tho

Last edited:
Top Bottom