• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: In-depth Switch walkthrough from Nintendo

Maengun1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pArXLkXTXu8

I regret preordering the grey one, the blue and red version looks so much nicer.

My problem is, I like red more than grey and I like blue more than grey, but I feel like having different colors on the sides of the screen might annoy me when using it as a handheld :/

I preordered grey, and I'm planning to pick up an extra set of joycons in either red or blue at launch (have to see them in person to make a final decision) ....and I'll probably get a third set in the other color at SOME point over this thing's life. Maybe not for a year or two though.

psyfi

Banned
My problem is, I like red more than grey and I like blue more than grey, but I feel like having different colors on the sides of the screen might annoy me when using it as a handheld :/

I preordered grey, and I'm planning to pick up an extra set of joycons in either red or blue at launch (have to see them in person to make a final decision) ....and I'll probably get a third set in the other color at SOME point over this thing's life. Maybe not for a year or two though.
Yup, I'm getting this pair of joycon. It's red on the left, blue on the right: the opposite of what comes with the console.

brad-t

Don't forget that single-color sets are coming.

joy-con_pair_blue.jpg
joy-con_pair_red.jpg

ggx2ac

I noticed he said the console has motion and gyro in it as well when talking about the motion controls in the joycon's. At 4:10.

Yeah, makes me wonder if the Switch will have touchscreen only games because there shouldn't be motion controls on the main body unless it was to be used exclusively for mobile games that act similar to tablets with motion controls.

psyfi

Banned
Sure, was just recommending it since he said he had the grey set preordered already.
oops, I missed that part

I'll get one of these. Which is the best color, from people who saw it?
I haven't seen them in person, but I think they both look really great. I normally go for blue and don't like red much, but I like both these shades a lot. It's like DSi Blue and GB Pocket Red. I love it. :)

psyfi

Banned
Hope they release the Blue(L) and Red(R) joy-cons. Would love to get a full Neon set. :x
If you're getting the grey Switch SKU you can just get the Double Red pack and the Double Blue pack. If you're getting the neon Switch SKU, you can get the Red (L) and Blue (R) pack.

Edit : I have this very well planned out, lol

I ordered the neon blue joy-con and a neon red controller grip. hope it doesn't look too dumb. Wanted to get the red/blue joy-con but everywhere was sold out of that combo. Got the standard grey console preordered as well

RootCause

If you're getting the grey Switch SKU you can just get the Double Red pack and the Double Blue pack. If you're getting the neon Switch SKU, you can get the Red (L) and Blue (R) pack.

Edit : I have this very well planned out, lol
lol you're right. That's much better. :p
Sucks that the blue one is sold out at the moment.

I ordered the neon blue joy-con and a neon red controller grip. hope it doesn't look too dumb. Wanted to get the red/blue joy-con but everywhere was sold out of that combo. Got the standard grey console preordered as well
Where did you get the red grip?

tr00per

Pack-in is just a shell. Grip for $30 dollars has a USB-c connector that can charge joycons when they are attached and the grip is plugged into a power source.

Well I'll be.... Can the manufacturing cost really be that much of a difference to make two versions? I don't understand

psyfi

Banned
Great vid. Can't wait! Mindblown we are only less than two months away
It's pretty wild, huh? All this waiting, and now it's only a month and a half away. It went from feeling like I'd never play BOTW to "omg, the game I've been day dreaming about since I was a little kid is coming out in a few weeks."

I usually get all the game systems at some point or another. I was intrigued with the switch, but after watching the presentation I'm actually pretty excited about it now.

I had a thought that could be awesome for the switch. I would love for there to be a holder that can hold the switch in portrait mode to play shootem ups in tate mode.

Top Bottom