• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast - Episode 37

Rhythm Heaven

- Coming out on April 5
- Version Craig was shown had some of the music changed
- Music is the same but lyrics now in English
- Tap/stroke screen to beat of the song
- A lot of fun, visuals stylish
- Has a lot of personality
- Already sold a million in Japan

Glad this got sorted out ASAP. Barring some major music travesty it looks like it'll remain a day one purchase for me.

Its exactly the same as the songs in the Wario Ware series (Same music, English Lyrics) Personally, I actually preferred the English versions of the songs for WW and I expect that Rhythm Heaven will be very much the same :D

Actually, I reckon that Madworld has a good shot. All it really needs is a good marketing push and it should sell well.

wsippel

Banned
TheGrayGhost said:
I'm just saying, did they ever think to themselves what would be most fun (and therefore, most successful) for DS/Wii owners to play? Or did they just decide to make a very violent game with a black-and-white visual motif for the heck of it?

And, again, this isn't just a numbers game for me, I think the games would be better off with a more Miyamoto-esque development strategy.
That's exactly why they did it, actually. And they wanted to do it on Wii because the Wii lacks such games and gameplay wouldn't be nearly as visceral and intense using a pad.

Bozon-IGN said:
Haha. Love those summs.

We were talking about Rune Factory. The question was "Harvest Moon 64 is the only one I've played, but days seem too short. Would I get into Rune Factory Wii?"

My answer was that yes, he'd get into the game still. Days feel longer, and you can head to bath houses to regain full stamina once each day. Also, this game is cool. ;)

-Boz

Great to hear! I love this series, I cant wait to pick it up! :D

Neomoto

Dead Space Extraction
- Has been in development for a long time - more than a year already

This is great news.

And MadWorld seems like a must buy.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TheGrayGhost said:
Right now, that seems to be the case.

You realize PH sold less the TP...

Other than, you know, Actiblizzsion, Valve, Crytek, Stardock, Capcom, SE, Bethesda, Insomniac, Epic, Bungie, and Disney Interactive among others. And I forget how Namco and Atlus are doing.

Nicktals

Banned
Nuclear Muffin said:
Actually, I reckon that Madworld has a good shot. All it really needs is a good marketing push and it should sell well.

If it counts for anything I've seen some of the greatest web ads for Madworld already. I don't remember exactly, but it was something like "lose 10 pounds in 5 minutes on Wii!" and then it showed Jack lopping someone's arm off :lol

AniHawk said:
NMH didn't bomb and it didn't sell a lot, but going off of the talent they have behind MadWorld, it'll probably be a Zack & Wiki affair.

Based on what exactly? MadWorld has received a MUCH bigger push and gotten WAY more attention from IGN than Z&W ever did, and the advertising Sega is doing for the game eclipses all of Capcom's Wii efforts combined

markatisu

Zoramon089 said:
Based on what exactly? MadWorld has received a MUCH bigger push and gotten WAY more attention from IGN than Z&W ever did, and the advertising Sega is doing for the game eclipses all of Capcom's Wii efforts combined

Pretty much, the only Wii 3rd party game games that come close for this much hype and advertising is Shaun White Snowboarding (featured at E3 and then 2 months of commericals across cable) and Guitar Hero III/World Tour

Call of Duty WaW Wii got commercials a month late but thats about it

If MadWorld tanks it wont be because SEGA did not get the word out on TV or at retail, its because people just did not buy the game (which could easily happen)

TheGrayGhost said:
I'm just saying, did they ever think to themselves what would be most fun (and therefore, most successful) for DS/Wii owners to play? Or did they just decide to make a very violent game with a black-and-white visual motif for the heck of it?

And, again, this isn't just a numbers game for me, I think the games would be better off with a more Miyamoto-esque development strategy.

Oh, I know it goes beyond pure numbers but it looks as though it borders on ideology with you.

Like a few Japanese developers I think the fine folks out at Platinum Games looked at the system that is the market leader, saw the under-served "core" gamer segment that is starving for a new game and the potential business opportunity the current vacuum represents. MadWorld looks (as of now) like a rare case of a third party developer "getting" the hardware. Visually the game plays to the systems strengths and weaknesses with its hyper stylised black and white visuals. MadWorld just looks good, it's not some piece of shit looking downgraded HD game, it doesn't look like it's some hold over from a previous generation of software, MadWorld is just a cool looking Wii game. That's a bonified fucking rarity right there and somehow you fail to realise this? The artistic direction is somehow a puzzle?

There's enough developers and publishers attempting to ape Nintendo's new found desire for egalitarianism and their non-games (or whatever you're comfortable labeling the software as). There's enough software that currently caters to the blue ocean/lay gamers/casual crowd. Those people have Guitar Hero, Wii Fit, Animal Crossing, Horsez, another Raving Rabbids, Imagine and what not to keep them entertained.

MadWorld is for the people who bought games like No More Heroes and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, people who have been waiting for something worthwhile to play on their Wii for too damned long. MadWorld is made by studio which comprised of some of the most talented individuals to come out of Capcom. You've got people who have worked on and are responsible for Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Okami, Viewtiful Joe and God Hand working on this game or at this studio that is producing this game. Even zombie Matsuno is working on MadWorld. With all of this talent, this pedigree behind MadWorld all you would rather is if they designed this game "with a more Miyamoto-esque development strategy"?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
TheGrayGhost said:
Well, guess what, Matt? MadWorld IS going to bomb. HARD. And if that is going to dismay publishers, than they deserve to go down in flames for their stupidity. *writes matt an e-mail*

MadWorld and, to a lesser extent, The Conduit are such stupid games to be on Wii. They are 360/PS3-esque games, precisely the type of games that are trending downwardly. But whatever. They just don't get it, yet.
This post is actually offensively stupid.

Top Bottom