• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Stellar Blade has racist artwork which will be removed with the day one patch

Generic

"To address some of the comments:This was recorded way before day1 patch. Review copy. Uploaded minute after embargo lifted. There was never any "censorship day1 patch" that could be in this video. If there was any censorship it was made before closed release, maybe even before going gold.There are no other costumes that we know of. If there are any we missed, please provide reference and how to obtain those for everyone. "

Rabbit outfit timestamped

Article published April 17

gTsTYN1.png

There are videos showing the bunny suit with cleavage.

Maybe this actually happened:

If there was any censorship it was made before closed release, maybe even before going gold

Aenima

There are videos showing the bunny suit with cleavage.

Maybe this actually happened:

For ppl confused it goes like this:

Physical Disk (v.1.000) Uncensored
Review Codes (v.1.001) Censored Outfits
Day 1 Patch (v.1.002) NG+, Grafitti change, etc

The only way to play the game with the uncensored outfits is with the Physical version of the game without the day 1 patch.

Last edited:

Madflavor

Not so sure about that, but we will know soon enough when more folks are playing the game.

Edit:

Further in the reddit.....guy says this is the NG+ version.

Also, that bunny outfit was "censored" but these were allowed?

twitter

GMBq4BUXYAA9mhm

From what I've been reading that yellow variant of the bunny outfit is the NG+ version. I don't know why the censored it, but from what I've seen there's another outfit they censored as well:

That yellow outfit is nowhere to be scene in the Outfit Showcase video. Now it's possible the skimpier and yellow version of it from the trailers is in NG+, but after seeing the Bunny Outfit variant in NG+ I'm having doubts about that. It think Sony's gonna Sony, and the reality of the situation is they felt the need to make these two outfits less revealing, but for some reason left other outfits alone. I really don't know, it's just a weird unnecessary change.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
From what I've been reading that yellow variant of the bunny outfit is the NG+ version. I don't know why the censored it, but from what I've seen there's another outfit they censored as well:

That yellow outfit is nowhere to be scene in the Outfit Showcase video. Now it's possible the skimpier and yellow version of it from the trailers is in NG+, but after seeing the Bunny Outfit variant in NG+ I'm having doubts about that. It think Sony's gonna Sony, and the reality of the situation is they felt the need to make these two outfits less revealing, but for some reason left other outfits alone. I really don't know, it's just a weird unnecessary change.

Considering the outfits that were left alone, we have to consider that this may simply be the developer's choice for whatever reason.

But I agree that if this were coming from Sony then it was silly and unnecessary.

The only way to play the game with the uncensored outfits is with the Physical version of the game without the day 1 patch.

Ah....that makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Kilau

Welp, should just add Soyny to the SBI detected group. Wallet money stays saved for Death Stranding 2 at this rate (maybe).

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Considering the outfits that were left alone, we have to consider that this may simply be the developer's choice for whatever reason.

But I agree that if this were coming from Sony then it was silly and unnecessary.

Ah....that makes a lot of sense.

Guaranteed that it wasn't because the devs thought it was a good choice themselves. Given Sony's tendency and recent history of forcing censorship to asian games? It is from them.

Reallink

Y'all actually thought the company that brought us Devil May Smoke Butt was going to allow sexy stuff on their console.

Not so sure about that, but we will know soon enough when more folks are playing the game.

Edit:

Further in the reddit.....guy says this is the NG+ version.

Also, that bunny outfit was "censored" but these were allowed?

twitter

GMBq4BUXYAA9mhm

Woke logic affords special exceptions for swimsuits cause even feminist shebosses go swimming. Sexy costume's only purpose however is attracting the male gaze. And that's not a joke, that was actually the rationale that was discussed in these censorship meetings. There were probably a dozen people who spent months discussing this and every one of them earn several hundred thousand dollars a year doing it. That's why games cost $300 million dollars to make.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Guaranteed that it wasn't because the devs thought it was a good choice themselves. Given Sony's tendency and recent history of forcing censorship to asian games? It is from them.

I get Sony's history suggests they are behind it. I was about to say that it just doesn't make sense considering which outfits were changed, but Reallink Reallink makes a good point....

Y'all actually thought the company that brought us Devil May Smoke Butt was going to allow sexy stuff on their

Woke logic affords special exceptions for swimsuits cause even feminist shebosses go swimming. Sexy costume's only purpose however is attracting the male gaze. And that's not a joke, that was actually the rationale that was discussed in these censorship meetings. There were probably a dozen people who spent months discussing this and every one of them earn several hundred thousand dollars a year doing it. That's why games cost $300 million dollars to make.

Damn....I was really hoping Sony had gotten past this shit. Oh well

Last edited:
This guy has platinumed the game already and he said he took this screenshot of the game a week before the patch dropped. He owns the digital copy of the game and has been playing it for a while long before the day 1 patch. Something isn't adding up here...

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
This guy has platinumed the game already and he said he took this screenshot of the game a week before the patch dropped. He owns the digital copy of the game and has been playing it for a while long before the day 1 patch. Something isn't adding up here...

Apparently the rabbit outfit is different in the disc version before the patch.

Aenima

Review Code version already had the outfits censored. Only the Physical version unpatched has the outfits uncensored. Thats why u see some ppl say its censored while others say it was always like that.

Already turned off my console's internet. :messenger_smirking:

Gamerguy84

Sony might not let the first party devs do this but I don't see them personally consoring this.

They won't censor GTA6. They shouldn't this.

Side note blue haired whales hate skinny women because their skinny. I work with a couple and each of them outweigh me by double. I've heard their conversations talking about skinny "bitches" including the one very nice looking thin woman at work. According to them she's a whore. Even though she's married and seems nice

realcool

putting out a day one censorship patch just five days after claiming all regions would be uncensored is an extraordinary about-face.

OvaAs9D.jpeg

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I criticized and scolded the person who did the analysis in meristation magazine... Not even they could complete Gollum's game and I could 🤷

Last edited:

radewagon

only professional victims would even notice something like this. their brains are damaged.
Or just, I dunno, people aware of, like, society and stuff. Like, how racism... exists and that some people are bothered by it. And how when a dev includes something that is unintentionally racist, they want to strike it from the record because racism is the absolute worst and only a garbage person would want to leave that racist crap in their game.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Or just, I dunno, people aware of, like, society and stuff. Like, how racism... exists and that some people are bothered by it. And how when a dev includes something that is unintentionally racist, they want to strike it from the record because racism is the absolute worst and only a garbage person would want to leave that racist crap in their game.
i disagree with your premise, because (and will reassert) you'd have to suffer from a mental disorder to interpret THAT EXAMPLE as "racist."

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Mate, I think the issue here is you if you think that specific example is racist.

Maybe drop the white savior shtick for a few minutes and think like a functioning adult who doesn’t try and find reasons to be offended.

Last edited:

midnightAI

So... censorship is real?

Well we don't know if its censorship or just a change made by the devs based on preference (these things happen during development).

But this sentence:
I am sure it's a great game, but the trust is broken, and nothing will be in the way of future patches/changes by Sony.
Means this person doesn't actually give a shit about it being censored or not but just, again, wants create outrage.

So one outfit is changed (maybe), who gives a shit. Now if they changed all the outfits including the skin suit, covered her up, removed the jiggle physics, then we'd have something to complain about.
(and as far as I am aware Shift Up changed outfits in Nikke but when people complained they either added them back in as alternate costumes or changed them back, they listen to criticism)

radewagon

i disagree with your premise, because (and will reassert) you'd have to suffer from a mental disorder to interpret THAT EXAMPLE as "racist."
Or just have different life experiences. What seems like a stretch for some people or not immediately apparent, is painfully obvious for others. The second I saw the image, I thought, "woops, that's not good." Noticing this is not particularly difficult for people who are aware of the phrase. It's just there. A racist reference, intentionally or not, as plain as the nose on your face. What you see as mental instability is, in truth, just proof that your environment and path through life are not, as is easy to assume, universal.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Or just have different life experiences. What seems like a stretch for some people or not immediately apparent, is painfully obvious for others. The second I saw the image, I thought, "woops, that's not good." Noticing this is not particularly difficult for people who are aware of the phrase. It's just there. A racist reference, intentionally or not, as plain as the nose on your face. What you see as mental instability is, in truth, just proof that your environment and path through life are not, as is easy to assume, universal.
The Neighborhood GIF by CBS

radewagon

Mate, I think the issue here is you if you think that specific example is racist.

Maybe drop the white savior shtick for a few minutes and think like a functioning adult who doesn’t try and find reasons to be offended.
One doesn't have to be personally offended to be okay with racism being removed. Let's set the stage.

Dev creates something which is unintentionally racist.

Unintentional racism is pointed out.

It's perfectly normal to want that removed. Like, "oh man, I didn't know that, thanks for pointing it out. I'll remove that because racism sucks."

Some of you are trying so hard to be the counterpoint to pc/woke culture that you are mad at the mere acknowledgement of the existence of racism if/when it doesn't meet your standard of being overt enough . Like, sure it could racist, but it's not racist enough so we need to defend it and disparage those that don't.

graywolf323

Well we don't know if its censorship or just a change made by the devs based on preference (these things happen during development).

But this sentence:

Means this person doesn't actually give a shit about it being censored or not but just, again, wants create outrage.

So one outfit is changed (maybe), who gives a shit. Now if they changed all the outfits including the skin suit, covered her up, removed the jiggle physics, then we'd have something to complain about.
(and as far as I am aware Shift Up changed outfits in Nikke but when people complained they either added them back in as alternate costumes or changed them back, they listen to criticism)
yep, this is getting ridiculous, there’s people that are just as quick to be outraged over anything labeling it as ‘censorship’ as the other side has with people getting outraged over nothing claiming racism/sexism/etc. 🙄

Glad I ordered the physical version if this is the case. It's still on its way to me, so will verify once it arrives.

Stellar Blade Censored

I don't care about the graffiti change, but it's disappointing if the outfit censorship is true. And for those who say, "It's just a small change! It doesn't matter! Not a big deal!" Then I ask you... if it really is not a big deal, then why even change it in the first place??

mpgeist

This isn't correct. They dug their heels in and said costumes shown prior to release (especially because many were leaks) are subject to redesign. The costumes in the game are what they desire them to be and didn't revert them. They didn't consider that censorship, the same as what's taking place here.

Synastry

That's some major BS to censor any outfits.:messenger_pouting:

Gonna go buy the physical version tomorrow and delete the digital deluxe.

GymWolf

So... censorship is real?

I don't get it, the game is full of sexy dresses, even a nude skin suit.

So why censoring that little thing? It makes no sense, reviews are already out and your game has been called a pervert game since the reveal, what do you even achieve by doing that?

I'm not bashing the game, i just don't understand the point...

To quote the ghoul in the fallout series when he get shot: that's just a small drop of censored cleavage in a sea of tits and asses.

Last edited:

So why censoring that little thing? It makes no sense, reviews are already out and your game has been called a pervert game since the reveal, what do you even achieve by doing that?
They are censoring all exposed skin like some grandma seamstress sewing patches onto booba. It's so damn ridiculous and makes the designs actually look worse. Funny how this censorship always goes in one single direction.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
One doesn't have to be personally offended to be okay with racism being removed. Let's set the stage.

Dev creates something which is unintentionally racist.

Unintentional racism is pointed out.

It's perfectly normal to want that removed. Like, "oh man, I didn't know that, thanks for pointing it out. I'll remove that because racism sucks."

Some of you are trying so hard to be the counterpoint to pc/woke culture that you are mad at the mere acknowledgement of the existence of racism if/when it doesn't meet your standard of being overt enough . Like, sure it could racist, but it's not racist enough so we need to defend it and disparage those that don't.
Except it isn’t racist. Just like having the number 18 or 88 doesn’t mean you support Nazis.

As I said before, stop the idiotic “white savior” shtick and trying to find reasons to be offended for other people.

Topher

Gold Member

That's what I don't get. They ain't exactly leaving a lot to imagination with this.....

stellar-blade-all-outfits-and-how-to-unlock-them-2.large.jpg
Stellar-Blade-17.jpg

They are censoring all exposed skin like some grandma seamstress sewing patches onto booba. It's so damn ridiculous and makes the designs actually look worse. Funny how this censorship always goes in one single direction.

No, they are not......

stellar-blade-all-outfits-and-how-to-unlock-them-17.large.jpg

GymWolf

The game has a nude skin suit, what is the point of censoring a way less lewd outfit?

It's like trying to cover a black hole with some flex tape.

Also what Topher Topher says, they are not doing it with other lewd outfits.

The whole thing is so fucking random and useless that is even hard to get mad about it.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

The game is censored in the patches. There is no doubt about. I'm guessing the CD version may become quite worthwhile to own if people like the game. Its second hand value may become insane down the line.

Top Bottom