• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Illegal trade in 'corpse brides' surges in China

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that people are straight out murdering women to sell their corpse is disturbing.

Gotta have the most beautiful and young corpse bride for junior, our special little boyo, sonny jimbo, laddo, mommy's little soldier booboo. It's not that suprising. Objectification even in death seems to be a natural step in the as old as humanity commodification of women .

Smh, puny humans. Smh.

anyone wanna pre buy my corpse for this purpose? will give you a good deal

Can I have first dibs! I've always wanted to try this on something bigger. I'd fly you through rural Chinese villages. The people would fear your immortal visage.
giphy.gif

Geist-

Treating women like second class citizens while their alive isn't enough huh? Even when they're dead they're treated more like objects for men than a person who deserved respect. Fuck their culture.

rpmurphy

I feel like China's social policies and traditions over the past 50-100 years is guidebook on what not to do
Umm what? Post-imperialism, governments cracked down on or eliminated a lot of backwards traditions. There's no comparison between China now and pre-Republic China.

Do they have corpse auctions, too? Like they line up a bunch of corpses laying back in coffins (for presentation's sake) with wedding dresses on (though sold separately), with the auctioneer being the Mayor of Halloweentown?

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I feel like we could make contact with Martians and have more cultural similarities and understanding than we do with China. I've never heard of this practice, and it creeps me out.

rpmurphy

I feel like we could make contact with Martians and have more cultural similarities and understanding than we do with China. I've never heard of this practice, and it creeps me out.
Is this where people usually follow up with "but I have [insert minority here] friends"?

Dude, you could talk to many Chinese people before you find one that's actually heard of this practice let alone not thinking of it as abnormal, immoral, and illegal; and you probably should given your level of prejudice that you're showing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I remember when every cop show in America did a corpse bride episode for their token Chinese crime episode. Weird to see the issue come back again.

Poppy

Can I have first dibs! I've always wanted to try this on something bigger. I'd fly you through rural Chinese villages. The people would fear your immortal visage.
giphy.gif

yes absolutely. i wish to be dressed as a bee and have a functional beehive inside my corpse, so that i can be a mobile pollination station and make children run for their houses in tears

or you can dress me like the actual visage from dota and get two mini drones to follow me around, china would love that

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Is this where people usually follow up with "but I have [insert minority here] friends"?

Dude, you could talk to many Chinese people before you find one that's actually heard of this practice let alone not thinking of it as abnormal, immoral, and illegal; and you probably should given your level of prejudice that you're showing.

Don;t worry about it, it's ok to be racist on neogaf as long as it's against the chinese.

devilhawk

Depressingly, I admittedly chuckled a bit at the part of a guy afraid that the dead body he helped steal might get stolen again.

mieumieu

If you live in more developed regions in China you have likely never heard of this practice except in documentaries about remote rural life, and people are absolutely appalled by them.

China is a big country with over a billion people and vastly different level of development between them. Some weird things do happen but they are absolutely not the norm. There are some replies in this thread that is flat out race phobic and over generalization.

Also dont blame this on the CCP which is at least nominally atheistic (unless you do your 'extremists beget extremism on the other side' rhetoric).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom