• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Illinois child that went missing in 2011 possibly found alive in Kentucky

https://local12.com/news/local/poli...teen-found-in-newport-is-boy-abducted-in-2011

NEWPORT, Ky. (WKRC) - Newport Police are investigating after a teen told police he was abducted seven years ago. Now, several law enforcement agencies are trying to determine if he's Timmothy Pitzen.

Police were called to a west end neighborhood in Newport Wednesday morning. Someone had seen a boy who looked out of place. Police say he told them he had been missing for seven years.
Sharonville Police on Wednesday afternoon released a police report describing two possible suspects. Dispatch from Campbell County made a call to Sharonville advising that a 14-year-old boy who said he was Pitzen escaped from two kidnappers who had been holding him for seven years.

The boy told authorities his kidnappers were two white males who looked like body-builders. One suspect is described as having black, curly hair had a Mountain Dew t-shirt and jeans on and has a spiderweb tattoo on his neck. The other is described as short in stature with a snake tattoo on his arm.
The suspects' vehicle is described as a newer model white Ford SUV with unknown Wisconsin plates, a second row, yellow transfer paint and a dent on the left back bumper.
The boy told authorities he had escaped from the suspects and kept running over the bridge into northern Kentucky where he was found. He said he had been staying at a Red Roof Inn but did not know where. Several police agencies have checked out various Red Roof Inns in the area, but nothing was found.
Witnesses said the boy's face was bruised and he was very scared and agitated. One woman said the boy told her he had been running for two years and that he had been passed around for seven years.
The boy was taken to Cincinnati Children's Hospital to be evaluated.

Pitzen disappeared in 2011 after his mother took him out of school to go on a three-day trip to a zoo and water parks. She then committed suicide. According to the Chicago Tribune, Amy Fry-Pitzen left behind a note that stated her son was safe but would never be found. He was 6 years old at the time and would be about 14 years old now.
The FBI is involved. A statement states its agents are working with Newport Police and Hamilton County Sheriff's detectives as well as police in Aurora, Illinois,
WBBM TV has confirmed with Aurora Police that detectives are coming to the Tri-State to determine if the teen is Pitzen. They'll meet with the FBI. The Aurora Police Department has had thousands of tips over the years and each one must be vetted. Police want to leave no stone unturned as they investigate.
Pitzen's grandmother said Wednesday, "Don't want to say anything until I know for sure. I just don't want to comment until I know for sure. Praying it's him and he's OK."

Jesus, if this is the case, I'm glad the kid was able to make it out OK. It rarely ends this way and I'm happy for him.

AnotherOne

My guess is she killed herself because of guilt, anyway I hope everything works out for the dad and the boy.

lil puff

Yeah, absolutely horrifying story.

I hope this ends well, and if it's not the kid, it's someone's kid.

7 years for a child on the run, I can't even imagine.

So sad. I can't imagine a parent doing that to their child.

My greatest fear as a parent has always been if my child went missing. Death, while incredibly hard to take - especially for your own child, at least has closure. I couldn't imagine knowing my child may be out there somewhere in the world needing me, and there is absolutely nothing I can do. It would be overwhelming. I don't know how long I could go on.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark

Falcs

Banned
What the hell?? It was a false report? What a sick cunt.
And 14 years old? Him??
Common... He looks like he's almost 30!

Top Bottom