• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ilomilo - Get super secret access code right now

Ok ilomilo, your sugary cuteness finally got to me. The cheerful play along main menu destroyed what was left of my resistance. Have my points.

atomsk said:
do you want a sugar rush, or do you want digital heroin
Fixed.

taku

SailorDaravon said:
Went ahead and bought it, cute little game and my wife was smitten by it as well. The only thing that kinda irks me is the character movement feels a tad clunky; feels like it takes slightly longer than it should to start moving in a direction. I understand why they did it, but it's just mildly annoying. Great game though.
Agreed. The weird thing is that after I was done with the trial they showed a trailer where the movement seemed perfect! Bought the game, I've only played through the first chapter so far but I really like the feel of it! Very cosy..

Besides the stated problem above I have only one gripe with this game, and that is the writing. The writing is terrible and they should have hired a consultant instead of writing all the dialogue in-house.

Otacon

thanks for the link
did not even check out the trial
insta-buy for me :D
hope it lives up to my expectations
looks incredible
loving this kind of stealth release

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Bought as soon as the trial ended. The execution is above and beyond what I expected. Excellent. Candidate for downloadable game of the year.

feel

Gorgeous visuals. :O It's just so well done overall. Will buy in a future promotion, but just because I have a ton of other stuff to play right now.

Otacon

wow
just finished world 1
what an amazing game
looks gorgeous, the music is nice and the humor is great (couldn't help but smile when sebastian was telling you that today's heroes are bald and muscular and the favourite colours are grey and brown)
loved the appearance of the goo's and the "hommage" to 3d dot game heroes
can't wait to meet
super meat boy
later in the game - and maybe some other guest appearances (?)
as mentioned already, strong contender for download game of the year

Anyone else getting freezes? Three times, and each time I've been quite a way into a puzzle. Really annoying, as I love everything about it otherwise. It's pretty tough, too.

Stuneseht

Hero of Canton said:
Anyone else getting freezes? Three times, and each time I've been quite a way into a puzzle. Really annoying, as I love everything about it otherwise. It's pretty tough, too.
Yeah, It's happen to me about 5 times now. I'm not really sure what triggers it.

Adam J.

My gf bought this today after I showed her the demo. This is one of the most polished games I've seen on XBLA. I'm going to pick it up tonight for myself.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Earl Cazone said:
are the windows phone 7 ilomilo and this one and the same, or are there different levels?
A few of the earlier levels are the same but most are different. Also there are a lot more levels than on the WP7 version and different game mechanics that switch things up.

There's a really good song in the WP7 version that I hope shows up later in the Arcade version. I want the soundtrack!

Regarding the crashes, it does happen more often than it should in an otherwise extremely polished game.
It seems to happen when you hit the button to put down an object or try to pick an object in a situation where it won't work and it's supposed to give you a "buzz" and stop you.

PSGames

How many levels are there? I'm at the screen to purchase but want to know how much content before I take the plunge.

atomsk

Party Pooper
PSGames said:
How many levels are there? I'm at the screen to purchase but want to know how much content before I take the plunge.

i think one of the splash screens said 49

dallow_bg

nods at old men
PSGames said:
At least 4 worlds of 9 levels and 3 bonus levels each. And there might be a bonus world, not sure.

A lot of replay value in the leaderboards though, at least for me.
The goal is to complete a level in the fewest "steps" taken.
I've played a few levels quite a few times as I try to master them.

Adam J.

Two things in this game are driving me crazy-- got to the mini 8-bit game by pressing LB, but now it's not working. Wonder if this is a bug, or I'm just missing something.

Also, does anyone have an idea on how to get the "play the solo instrument to the main theme" achievement?

TheOddOne

Adam J. said:
Two things in this game are driving me crazy-- got to the mini 8-bit game by pressing LB, but now it's not working. Wonder if this is a bug, or I'm just missing something.

Also, does anyone have an idea on how to get the "play the solo instrument to the main theme" achievement?
There is a 8-bit game in Ilomilo?

PSGames

Went ahead and did the purchase even tho I won't be able to play that much (too much of a backlog) but this is just the type of game xbla needs so I had to support.

And I have yet to have any freezes so far. It's worked perfectly.

Is there a way to get back to the tutorial? I went back to the main menu when the game said that I should try to get the musician achievement; got it and then unlocked the game, and now there is no tutorial anymore. I still had 3 levels to beat there. :/

dallow_bg

nods at old men
AndyMoogle said:
Is there a way to get back to the tutorial? I went back to the main menu when the game said that I should try to get the musician achievement; got it and then unlocked the game, and now there is no tutorial anymore. I still had 3 levels to beat there. :/
Nah, the "tutorial world" is simply a selection of a few of the levels in the game" so you aren't missing out on any stages.

i wondered why this game kept showing up on xbox.com a few weeks ago when i sorted for "new titles". but when i would go in to download a trial, no links whatsoever were in the profile section. makes sense now, it must have been "hidden" for this promotion.

Poyunch

Maan I'm going to see if my rommate's connected their 360 to the Internet now. I totally forgot about this game. It's so adorable. <3

The game has frozen twice on me now. It's extremely annoying when it happens on one of the long bonus levels; especially when you're 10 seconds away from the end...

AndyMoogle said:
The game has frozen twice on me now. It's extremely annoying when it happens on one of the long bonus levels; especially when you're 10 seconds away from the end...
Had it happen once. It's evidently a pretty common problem, so don't know if I should bother playing any more before they've patched it. :\

Oli

I've been waiting a long time for this game. Bought the theme yesterday. Buying as soon as I type in the code :)

celebi23

Played it for hours (kinda lost track of time). Damn, I've been needing a game like this. It really does make you think outside of the box :D Bought the full version as soon as I could :D

Phreaker

PSGames said:
Ok I am really love this game, can't stop playing it. Does anyone know if/when they'll fix the Avatar items?

The Pinball FX shirt was broken too. I think it took about a week before it got fixed. The game isn't officially out yet, so I'd imagine it will be fixed before it is.

PopfulMail

I spent a huge chunk of my day with this game yesterday. I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced so the purchase was a no brainer. I'm loving everything about the game so far... even though I have had it freeze on me 3 or 4 times now. Everything about this game is top notch.

Also... I've been accessing the 8-bit mini game by alternating between left and right shoulder/bumper buttons at the main menu. Not sure if there is an exact method, but random shoulder/bumper presses does it for me every time. I keep getting so close to that damn score 500 pts. achievement!!!

This could very well be my favorite xbla game this year!!!

Top Bottom