• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important new Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8 [Up: Hyped By NA Twitter]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

I don't really want Gamefreak to change much about the battling system but they tend to make interesting but welcomed changes so I trust them with that.

no we do not need a good cat pokemon, we need pokemon cat edition where all the pokemon are cat pokemon.

kEzLj.gif

Andrefpvs

Please someone post here once the Smash anime episode is over, thanks.

Also, Masuda seems very happy that foreigners are watching Pokémon Smash, lol.

Berordn

Some may disagree with this but i think for the casual player those changes are bad and i dislike them as well. When you have won the game it's great and adds a whole new level of customization to your pokemon. When you are just running through the singleplayer i just get annoyed because i am playing with really subpar pokemon most of the time.

Even if you like that stuff it barely adds to the SP campaign anyway.

EVs and IVs being subpar for the campaign means nothing. Natures as well, if you really don't care. But held items and abilities can give you a lot of customization and strategy, no matter how you play.

I don't like the IV system, and while EVs are annoying at times, I'm largely indifferent toward them. But abilities and held items are gigantic improvements that shouldn't be ignored at any level.

Poison needs a buff, right now all it's good for is fighting grass types. Maybe make it strong against fighting types or dragons.

Poison doesn't need to be stronger. You're forgetting about a type's defenses.

Poison is resistant to Bug, Fighting, and Grass. (And itself but whatever)

Bug and Fighting Pokemon are pretty powerful, and being a dual type generally adds these pretty useful resistances to Pokemon.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Fighting is Light type in Japan, so I guess it's good guy always wins.

Um, this isn't true. :0

Fighting's just Fighting in Japan. In fact, most of the Gen 1 Fighting-types are pretty vicious looking...Primeape and Hitmonlee for example.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Just a head's up...

ZOROARK HAS LIKE ZERO CHANCES IN SMASH 4 BECAUSE HE LOST POPULARITY HAHAHA!

Physical-Special split also means he lost the elemental punches.
Not really. It took Gen IV to do that (since even though Special is split into Satk and Sdef, type is still reliant on attack or special attack)

TheOGB

Banned
Calling it: Gen VI will take place in PokeUK, will have fully fleshed out Unova as post-game, and alongside the 2 main 3DS versions will be a DS-"exclusive" version effectively serving as BW3 and Gen 5.5.

But seriously, could you imagine?

Y'know for those that wanted another trio to replace Grass/Fire/Water you could always want Rock/Fighting/Flying. It's not like pure-Flying's never been done before and it's not as edgy as Dark/Fighting/Psychic.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
They won't do Rock.

It messes things up, because Rock is resistant to Normal...all early-game Pokemon tend to use Normal-type attacks, thus Rock would have an unfair advantage from the get-go.

JordanN

Banned
I'm not a competitive player, so I don't know what would be tge consequences of such action, but I think Gamefreak should remove the Dark-type immunity to psychic. It doesn't make any sense of why a creature that fight pragmatically is immune to invisible magical brainwave laser beams.
I imagine it has to do with dark types having minds full of evil. So if a psychic pokemon tried reading their minds, they would lose focus.

Neiteio

I imagine it has to do with dark types having minds full of evil. So if a psychic pokemon tried reading their minds, they would lose focus.
Yep. The whole "mind clouded by darkness" concept. Although I wouldn't say Dark-type Pokemon are "evil," per se.

They won't do Rock.

It messes things up, because Rock is resistant to Normal...all early-game Pokemon tend to use Normal-type attacks, thus Rock would have an unfair advantage from the get-go.
Then how about adapting the monkeys into a Rock/Fighting/Flying trio and giving them out before/after the 1st Gym? You could give them all No Guard or something to link them together (this is more for vs others/competitive play than in-game).

The monkeys were fucking terrible so this could be a way to improve on them.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
New idea: Pokérhythm!

Starring: Roxie, Jigglypuff, Loudred, Chatot, Meloetta and more!

Featuring: music from the games, anime, movies and more!

TheOGB

Banned
They won't do Rock.

And (as much as I would love it) I don't know about Dark because of that full on immunity to Psychic.

I just want the follower Pokemon back. Why remove it?
That was such a troll with that old lady's Mienfoo in Humilau

Wiz

New idea: Pokérhythm!

Starring: Roxie, Jigglypuff, Loudred, Chatot, Meloetta and more!

Featuring: music from the games, anime, movies and more!

Sure, I could see this happening...
as a tacked on feature like the Pokemon Musicals :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom