• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

Are the Commandos games in the Indie Gala bundle any good? I've heard of the series but never played it

Yeah they are fairly good games. The bundle is now even more worth it since they have unlocked all the extras including TRAUMA added today and extra download content for the void as well as some music. a real good bundle if you ask me. It is a pity no one made a OT for it.

The current Indie Royale bundle is also pretty good.

Yeah they are fairly good games. The bundle is now even more worth it since they have unlocked all the extras including TRAUMA added today and extra download content for the void as well as some music. a real good bundle if you ask me. It is a pity no one made a OT for it.

The current Indie Royale bundle is also pretty good.

I'll pick it up later today then, should I start with the first Commandos game or is one of them particularly good?

I'll pick it up later today then, should I start with the first Commandos game or is one of them particularly good?
Just play them in order. Behind Enemy Lines (first one) is the best, followed by Beyond the Call of Duty and Men of Courage. Third one isn't as good as the rest.

That Be Mine Bundle is all around pretty great, actually.

Hamilton's Great Adventure is absolutely terrific. I played through the entire game a few weeks ago after picking it up during the Winter sale and I was thoroughly impressed with it. And for a B tier (C tier?) God of War game, I'm also going to go on record as saying Garshasp isn't all that terrible IF you are playing it with a 360 controller. It's definitely a curiosity at the very least. The lore it's based on is kind of cool and I mean, there aren't a lot of that kind of game on PC. The dev history is interesting too. This is from a small dev team based in the Mid-East! While it is definitely janky, it's far from unplayable. I played about half way through it during the Winter sale for one of the achievements and thought it was an alright time. Finally, if you haven't played them, the Abe's Odyssey games are still some of the smartest and funniest games around. And they actually have something to say that is relevant to our current cultural environment. They were stunningly ahead of their time in many ways.

The Indie Gala is pretty solid too, though not as much so in my opinion. The Commandos games are very good and Cargo is at least interesting to muck around with for a bit.

The Royale Summer Bundle, however, doesn't sell me. None of those games look particularly interesting, though admittedly I haven't played them.

Somebody really needs to take over the OP that will keep this thread updated. Some good stuff that is going to get overlooked.

You can't even get it to work with a 360 controller without a bunch of work

I got it to work fairly easily. I don't know if some kind of patch broke it since I played it, though. I do recall some oddities. Like maybe I had to use the D-pad to move or something.

Game Guru

Hey, I actually bought the bundle for the two Oddworld games. They were $5 together on Steam and $4 in this bundle with the other games. The Avernum games looked interesting, Red Orchestra is something I had heard of before, and I heard Hamilton's Great Adventure was awesome. While Syberia 1 was not my personal first choice, I'll gladly take it. Postal 2... meh, I guess I can take it.

Also, the gift keys have been sent out. I got the email with it.

Fewr

How does the happy hour for indie gala work?

I gift a bundle and get a second one for free? Why don't I just gift one to myself and give the other to a friend? I don't understand why I don't get a second bundle if I say it's not a gift.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone got a gift one for Be Mine they would be willing to sell? That way we can essentially split the cost of the pack?

inm8num2

How does the happy hour for indie gala work?

I gift a bundle and get a second one for free? Why don't I just gift one to myself and give the other to a friend? I don't understand why I don't get a second bundle if I say it's not a gift.

In order for the separate gift URLs to be generated, you need to select the gift option. Otherwise, Gala just sends one code to the email you use.

Still have no steam keys from Indie Gala, sent them an e-mail to their support but haven't heard anything back. Second time I've had problems with them really puts me of buying from them

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Still have no steam keys from Indie Gala, sent them an e-mail to their support but haven't heard anything back. Second time I've had problems with them really puts me of buying from them

You need at least 500 Gala Points to access Steam Keys and 1,000 to contact support.

But seriously hopefully they'll get that sorted. That sucks.

You need at least 500 Gala Points to access Steam Keys and 1,000 to contact support.

But seriously hopefully they'll get that sorted. That sucks.

Well if they don't at least I have 4 copies of The Void bonus content, too bad they didn't give me any steam keys for it

Wok

GameDev bundle will launch on July 10th.

McCnt.png

inm8num2

I feel like these bundles have more or less exhausted the pool of indie games. There are plenty of games out there, but everyone's backlogs are saturated now.

Wok

Recession Bundle Deluxe is up for 15 days. Min is $1. Charity.
  • 8-Bit Night
  • Star-Twine

Also, a part of the donations will go to SOS – Children’s Village Croatia. You can help the little ones and play some awesome games. What’s not to like?

The Recession Bundle was created by indiegamebundles.com. Special thanks to Brian Wagner and Nick Reineke, SOS – Children’s Village Croatia, all the developers,

and YOU.

Conglaturation, the winner is you.

Game Guru

Alright, I've got a Be Mine 3 Gift Bundle Code here... The bundle consists of Steam Keys for The Oddworld Pack(Abe's Oddessy & Abe's Exoddus), The Avernum Bundle (Avernum IV, V, VI), Hamilton's Great Adventure, and Red Orchestra. It also has DRM-free versions of the Oddworld and Avernum games included. It probably also has a Steam Key for Syberia 1 and a Desura Key for Postal 2 Complete as well, but I haven't checked. Since I already have this bundle, I have no need for these extra games and other items, so... first to quote me shall get my Gift Bundle Code in PM to do what you wish with it.

adaen

Alright, I've got a Be Mine 3 Gift Bundle Code here... The bundle consists of Steam Keys for The Oddworld Pack(Abe's Oddessy & Abe's Exoddus), The Avernum Bundle (Avernum IV, V, VI), Hamilton's Great Adventure, and Red Orchestra. It might also have a Steam Key for Syberia 1 and a Desura Key for Postal 2 Complete as well, but I haven't checked. Since I already have this bundle, I have no need for these extra games and other items, so... first to quote me shall get my Gift Bundle Code in PM to do what you with with it.

me?

Edit: Thanks, I actually somehow missed this bundle.

The be mine bundle 3 is now having s promotion on their last day where if they meet their final goal. Their next bundle which is build a bundle 2 which starts next week, will have 40% off the price for the first 24 hours. They to sell around 500 or so bundles in the next 12 hours to get this so if you are still in two minds about it this might be a good incentive.

http://groupees.com/bemine3

Better hurry folks.

It is too bad I didn't even notice when they were giving out an extra gift bundle with a purchase. Oh well at least I got one bundle. I almost forgot to get one due to the other bundles running at the same time. Looks like they need about 300 bundles in 5 hours so we can get a discount on the next bundle. Not sure if they will do it at their current rate.

Is that not the 7th Goal?

its a goal that doesnt need to be met by price so it just keep getting put to the end.

Indie Royale has made over $100,000 with 2 days left

Indie Gala has made around $64,000 with 2 days left

and with less than an hour to go Groupies Be Mine Bundle has only made $49K and will most likely not get the $50K

It just puts it into perspective how succesful the Humble Bundle is. making over 5.1 million dollars. The other companies need to find a better way of advertising their bundles and maybe stick to real indie games or get better promotions going.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The other companies need to find a better way of advertising their bundles and maybe stick to real indie games or get better promotions going.

I really think it's just a few (significant) factors:

-Humble Bundle does theirs only a few times a year,
-They get the biggest names they can find, and make sure all three OS platforms are supported,
-Profit.

If Humble Bundle were to go with 2 bundles a month I guarantee they couldn't keep up this standard. But they more than make up for it with the few bundles they have.

Game Guru

its a goal that doesnt need to be met by price so it just keep getting put to the end.

Indie Royale has made over $100,000 with 2 days left

Indie Gala has made around $64,000 with 2 days left

and with less than an hour to go Groupies Be Mine Bundle has only made $49K and will most likely not get the $50K

It just puts it into perspective how succesful the Humble Bundle is. making over 5.1 million dollars. The other companies need to find a better way of advertising their bundles and maybe stick to real indie games or get better promotions going.

To be fair on the other bundles, The Humble Bundles outside of the numbered ones only achieve $500,000 to $900,000. The numbered Humble Bundles tend to have the most well known and best indie games, and it's not like Humble Bundle V stuck to 'real' indie games. If Oddworld and Commandos don't count as indie games, then neither does Psychonauts.

The Humble Bundles tend to sell better because they generally have better games. There is no contest that Cave Story+ is going to be a better buy than Bad Rats, even if you can get the original Cave Story for free. You couldn't even give Bad Rats away.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Recession Bundle Deluxe is up for 15 days. Min is $1. Charity.
  • 8-Bit Night
  • Star-Twine

From their page:
All donations will be evenly split between all parties involved – 10% to Charity, 10% to each of the developers and 10% to the organizers.

What? Am I that bad in math, or am I missing something o_O

edit: nvm, now I saw the "each" -.-

Wok

GameDev bundle will launch on July 10th.

Really soon available. The mysterious sixth game is Cardinal Quest. The bonus game for people paying more than six dollars is The Sun is Deadly from Rat King Entertainment (who also made Pitman).

Please DO NOT use the buy button if you see one yet... We will announce when we are actually capable of taking orders...
Reference: Twitter.

KDHuW.png

That "Recession Bundle" sounds terrible. IN their description they all but say "here is a bunch of freeware crap we found, give us a donation for it."

Wok

The bundle is live and contains 6 games (Desura + DRM-free downloads):
  1. Auralux
  2. Girl with a Heart of
  3. Influence
  4. Astroslugs
  5. Pitman
  6. Cardinal Quest

The bundle contains 6 games and is fully pay-what-you-want which means that for any amount you pay, you will receive a download link for the 6 games in the bundle as well as Desura keys for those 6 games. The bundle will run for 2 weeks.

We accept payments through Google, Amazon, Paypal, and Bitcoin. If you pay 6$ or more (or 1 bitcoin), you will also have access to two extra games: The Sun is Deadly from Rat King Entertainment (who also made Pitman) and a prototype for the sequel of Astroslugs called Astroslugs Adventures, as well as soundtracks, concept art, and art assets from some of the games.

12½% of the revenue of the bundle will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

The poor guys at Groupees are releasing their Build a Bundle 2 shortly I think

Not the best time to be releasing since steam sales are on but if their prices are better then it might help them. They will also be having 25% off for the first 24 hours I think.

http://groupees.com/bab2

Dino D-Day [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Royale Xmas Bundle)

Tiny Bang Story [Steam @ $2.50 right now]

(The History of) Hammerfight [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Humble Indie Bundle 3)

Iron Grip: Warlord [Steam @ $3.99 right now] - (the single DLC pack on steam is $1.49)

Alien Breed: Impact [Steam @ $3.40 right now] - (it's the first in the trilogy, all 3 on Steam is $7.81)

Dogfighter [Steam @ $3.40 right now]

Syberia II [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (Syberia I was in Groupees Be Mine 3)

Will Fight For Food [Desura @ $4.99 right now]

Dead Horde [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (previously in Indie Face Kick 1)

Postal [Desura @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Gala Bundle 2)

A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie [Steam @ $2.99 right now]

Depth Hunter [Desura @ $12.99 right now] - (currently in Indie Face Kick 2: BitG)

Picking Up:

Syberia II
Alien Breed: Impact
Tiny Bang Story

and thinking about maybe Dino D-Day and Dead Horde, but most likely I won't

minimum is $1 for one game with 3 games for $2.01 up to all 12 games for $6

Wok

I added links to stores.

http://groupees.com/bab2

Dino D-Day [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Royale Xmas Bundle)
Tiny Bang Story [Steam @ $2.50 right now]
(The History of) Hammerfight [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Humble Indie Bundle 3)
Iron Grip: Warlord [Steam @ $3.99 right now] - (the single DLC pack on steam is $1.49)
Alien Breed: Impact [Steam @ $3.40 right now] - (it's the first in the trilogy, all 3 on Steam is $7.81)
Dogfighter [Steam @ $3.40 right now]
Syberia II [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (Syberia I was in Groupees Be Mine 3)
Will Fight For Food [Desura @ $4.99 right now]
Dead Horde [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (previously in Indie Face Kick 1)
Postal [Desura @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Gala Bundle 2)
A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie [Steam @ $2.99 right now]
Depth Hunter [Desura @ $12.99 right now] - (currently in Indie Face Kick 2: BitG)

Game Guru

I'm tempted on picking up Syberia II and Postal since I've already got Syberia and Postal 2... Any good choice for a third game? I've already got Hammerfight.

Top Bottom