• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Humble THQ Bundle actually makes me sad for a myriad of reasons:

- For them to be doing this, THQ really needs the money.
- This will probably kill all THQ deals for xmas
- I dont have Red Faction Armageddom, but it's a shitty game, so I don't want to pay much for it.
- I already have all of the other games, thus, I don't have a reason to beat the average. On the same note, I want to help THQ.

Edit: .... aw fuck it. Two 6 dollar payments with all the money going to THQ.

Roto13

It's kind of hilarious. I bought it though. Beat the average and everything. I didn't have any of these games. But I only really want to play two or three or four of them. :p

That Ars Technica article suggests there could be a third indie bundle this year, but doesn't provide a direct quote on that:

Graham said the new THQ bundle did not represent a permanent departure from the company's indie roots, and that the company may even release a third indie bundle this year. "This year has also been a year of many experiments for us that fall outside the traditional Humble Indie Bundle framework," Graham told us. "We’re very excited to be able to offer the gaming community a massive sale with blockbuster content and raise money for charity at the same time. We will of course continue to support indies content as a core of our business."

I can't really envision another indie bundle immediately after this one. Then again, it might be a way to assuage concerns about DRM-free and multi-OS support...

Wok

I can't really envision another indie bundle immediately after this one. Then again, it might be a way to assuage concerns about DRM-free and multi-OS support...

At the end of the youtube video for the Humble THQ bundle, there is a discussion which implies HIB7 will come one week (max) after the current THQ bundle. Just in time for Christmas in other words.

2Xu4g.png

Station42

Hello! Shameless self promotion for a bundle we are in!
It's the https://indiegamestand.com/ for FOTONICA, if you pay more than 10$ you also get the last game, CASTER, and the next mystery game with all of their bonus content (usually, soundtracks, betas for new games, etc).

It's also the first time we release on Linux! :O Enjoy!

Is it normal that old bundles don't show? I had all the desura keys from the June Bug Bundle, but I get a page that says "Oh noes, your bundle cannot be shown"

Eternia

I want Worms as well and would have wanted Two Worlds II if they didn't have awful DRM. Kind of a downer.

Edit: Misread it for Two Worlds II instead of Two Worlds, well that makes the decision even easier I suppose.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
did anyone jump on those indiefort bundles?

At Gamersgate? Yeah, went ahead and picked up the first for $4 and then the second today for $3, and picked up the big one they had before with ~20 games.

wilflare

At Gamersgate? Yeah, went ahead and picked up the first for $4 and then the second today for $3, and picked up the big one they had before with ~20 games.

they had a big one with 20 plus games?
missed the first indiefort bundle.. think i may wait for them to allow me to purchase old bundles.. before getting any.. the discount seems really good

Wok

So far, the Humble Bundle which has been the most sold is the fifth HIB with 599,003 purchases, which also resulted in the highest revenue (US$5.10+ M). The Humble THQ Bundle is close: 539,147 purchases, but only US$3.05 M. With enough time, both records should be topped.

About the highest average, the Humble eBook Bundle will be almost impossible to beat with an average of $14.28 per purchase. The first HIB was good ($9.18) as well but it was a time when only the dedicated fans would get to know about the HIB.

adamma666

https://indiegamestand.com/

IndieGameStand has Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space for Steam & Desura right now. looks a little bit like Star Control, I will give it a try!

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgnovX1XDic

"Attention space explorers! To celebrate the re-release of Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space for the PC, we're presenting the ultimate Infinite Space game collection: In addition to the new version of Weird Worlds for Windows, beat the average price and you'll get a cargo hold full of bonus content such as fan favorite mods and the unsupported (but official) Weird Worlds for pre-Lion Mac OS X.

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is a hybrid roguelike game of space adventure and starship combat set within an unexplored region of the galaxy known as the Purple Void. Each game is an instant randomly generated space opera that plays to its conclusion in one sitting. The quirky universe of Infinite Space has enough variety to surprise you each time you replay the game.

Features:

- Randomly generated animated star maps
- Dozens of unique starships
- Tons of items, lifeforms and ship components
- A bizarre collection of alien races
- Random events and special quests
- Turn-based space exploration and real time combat
- Tutorial mode
- A combat simulator with access to all ships in the game
- Award-winning spaced-out music and sound effects
- Support for user-made mods"

weirdshots_07.jpg

weirdshots_06.jpg

ozhenson

Only $5 game I want is Worms and even then I'd prefer having Armageddon >.>

Speaking of which, is there ANY way to buy a copy of worms armageddon that is steam redeemable? I missed it as the preorder bonus and now I feel like I am up shit river without a paddle.

New Bundle-in-a-Box is up!

The Eclectic Delights bundle featuring:

Beat the average and get:

Stay Dead isn't Steam I think, but it's hilarious
ly bad
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-stay-dead/17-6409/

Top Bottom