• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous SS Photo Mode |OT| If it's not bokeh, don't fix it

dr guildo

So I found that playground!

iwHWtSzV407dD.jpg

Greatly inspired, reminds me one of my older shots :

BkQRkQJIIAAKGOv.jpg:large

I try to remember the location, but even the radar doesn't help me. Want to take the same shot with photomode this time...

Skeff

After looking at these shots, the next game Sony releases with amazing graphics should be sent to some gaffers with photo mode, These shots look amazing.

Playing through the game again yields some great photo oppurtunities.

Like this Monorail shot with both Delsin and Fetch's neon trail

ibwDyPRt8N5RHK.jpg

Little Chandelier magic with Fetch

ibuL8XWhFjXand.jpg

And more chances to break the Karmic Bombs this time in a tunnel over run with DUP.

ibouIJTdkyhDpo.jpg

Is there a way to more consistently free the camera during the Karmic stuff?

How did you get photo mode control with neon's karmic bomb? I wasn't able to get control with either neon or the 3rd power's karmic bomb...

Yea I am not sure, It happened totally by accident. If anyone knows how to free the camera on the karmic bombs it would be much appreciated.

I'm guessing this is meant to be like Ivar's! Might give the game a whirl or two to try to see how similar it is to Seattle IRL.

In terms of geography and actual placement of landmarks/neighborhoods/etc. it's not accurate at all. Hell, the in-game monorail is a loop!

That being said, It's super detailed, and many clear references and homages are made to locals. From the posters and Jones Soda references I pointed out a few pages back, to things like accurate graffiti to things like having the proper buildings around certain areas (even if they aren't in the exact correct spots) The Space Needle/Science Center area is great, the waterfront/aquarium/viaduct area is great.

There's a building near the Space Needle that IRL is a condo I looked at a few years ago that is in the game, just as a generic building model (doesn't factor into the story or anything), I thought that was cool.

If I had a nitpick, it's that the map is too flat. But I understand why it is.

NeoZylom

Sorry for being dumb, but how do you guys get HD shots like that? When I press the Share button and share it on facebook, it's all compressed and ugly :(

Sorry for being dumb, but how do you guys get HD shots like that? When I press the Share button and share it on facebook, it's all compressed and ugly :(
PSN message trick. You create a second PSN account then you send the photo in a message to that profile. Log into SEN on your computer and look at the message of online. You can then save the compressionless image.

Kane1345

I personally used the PS app trick but others have capture cards I think.

Send the photo to one of your PSN friends or make another account and send it there. Get the PS app for your phone. Download the attached pics from the message onto your phone. Get them from your phone onto your PC and upload them to a hosting site. Link here :)

Yeah it's long winded but the best way I know of personally. 1.7 can't came soon enough.....

So, I know this isn't the place for this, but I know this is the most (last?) active Infamous:SS thread.

As a disabled gamer, I have a hella hard time "shaking" the control for grafitti segments to begin. Problem is, the story is now asking me to do it so its gone from minor inconvenience of skipping side stuff, to outright a wall...

Is there any way to bypass, turn-off, or otherwise trick this... or do I seriously need to call a friend over expressly to shake my DS4?

*sigh*

:p

baconcow

When pointing directly up, when looking around in character mode, is the whole screen supposed to darken considerably? I assume this is an aspect of the real-time lighting engine, where the camera facing dictates the lighting, not where Delsin is pointing. However, the looking directly upwards has me confused as to why it is so dark. Perhaps I need to make my TV settings a little lighter. Using a Panasonic ST60 with some custom settings and shadows seem a little dark on this game. In ACIV, the game is far too dark on 5 brightness, and washed out on 6 brightness.

It really is the best looking game I have seen, on anything. SP did a wonderful job with it, so early into the life of the system too. Very impressive.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
With the contest I was kind of nervous that someone would save a pic from here and tweet it to Sucker Punch claiming it was theirs. Hope that didn't happen. So much amazing content in this thread.

Kane1345

With the contest I was kind of nervous that someone would copy a pic from here and tweet it to Sucker Punch claiming it was theirs. Hope that didn't happen. So much amazing content in this thread.

Ezenzer's photo is a well deserved pick in my opinion and I've voted for it, hope he wins :) Was one of the first photos I saw in here that blew my mind.

Pretty sure number 6 is a gaffer pic too. Delsin with his hands up with the DUP pointing guns at him. Voted for that too :)

Top Bottom