• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous SS Photo Mode |OT| If it's not bokeh, don't fix it

jayu26

13897454566_99f4fd979c_o.png

Bull-shot. That has to be a bull-shot...

Since I don't know how to do this 2nd PSN account and upload to 4minus or whatever trick, facebook will have to do. Just took some silly shots.

The feature is awesome, but I think the camera control is gonna take some getting used to with there being like 3 or 4 settings that alter how the controls move the camera. I gotta figure out the depth of field thing better, too.

Some tips

Click 'download' underneath your photo to get a larger version. It's still compressed but you get a 1920x1080 pic.

When changing DoF, hold L1 to decrease the f-stop to its lowest level. This will make everything blurry but give you a very slim range of focus. Then use the left stick to bring the focus on your subject. The focus area will be very narrow, so increase the f-stop with R1 to get your whole subject in focus.

Lucent

Some tips

Click 'download' underneath your photo to get a larger version. It's still compressed but you get a 1920x1080 pic.

When changing DoF, hold L1 to decrease the f-stop to its lowest level. This will make everything blurry but give you a very slim range of focus. Then use the left stick to bring the focus on your subject. The focus area will be very narrow, so increase the f-stop with R1 to get your whole subject in focus.

Thanks for the tips. =)

omg Delsin melted him and he still looks unimpressed lol love it.

lol yeah. This was a great way to get his expression. It's creepy seeing the eyes and mouths of NPCs when you zoom in through their heads.

Timu

I can't use any of them for wallpapers since my monitor res is 2560x1440 and I always want full screen wallpapers, anyways, I'll be back!

You should tweet it to Sucker Punch, there is a screenshot contest, you will probably win quite easily with dat shot :

https://twitter.com/search?q=#SSPhoto&src=hash
Thanks! I have! Although if this thread is any indication there is a crap load of amazing shots coming out of this mode. It's amazing!

I know SP must be pretty pleased with themselves too. Thanks to Photomode we're seeing stuff that most surely would have been missed otherwise. I only noticed his chain has rust on it a few minutes ago. Rust, on a chain that none of us would have ever had the opportunity to see or notice this closely without the ability to zoom in. Details on shoes of freakin' pedestrians! It's beyond amazing the level of work they've put into the game and I'm glad we're all able to sit here and give it the drooling over it deserves.

This is my first SuckerPunch game and they've gained a huge, huge fan. These guys have clearly put a lot of time and love into their work and it shows, many times over.

The capture card people have an unfair advantage! lol.

Trying to take good pics knowing Twitter is going to cut the detail in half is difficult.
I use twitter for all of my stuff, alas. If you upload a shot and replace the "large" in the image url with "orig" you get a much larger, less compressed picture. Not as great as a capture card, naturally, but it's better than the default methods.

vid

Blfpk2pIQAA2Z-D.jpg:orig

In his final moments, Drew decided that the jaywalking laws here were a bit too strict, and he should write a letter.

Baliis

Yea, I think Sucker Punch just added a feature that's going to be requested in every PS4 game from now on.

These shots make me glad tomorrow is Friday. I am definitely going to play a ton in appreciation now.

I hope someone high up at sony notices how awesome this is anyways. Should be a mandatory addition to every first party game. Fantastic feature.

daniels

So you are telling me this are no bullshit in game screenshots of an open world launch window game? O______O wtf time to get ps4

Ploid 3.0

I'm going to have so many wallpapers, the thing is I just started a brokeh DOF wallpaper rotation with stuff from the wallpaper thread, these Infamous Wallpapers fit right in!

If your game looks friggin beautiful, put a screen shot mode like this in it.

creyas

Shit just keeps blowing my mind. Can't believe people can just snap these whilst playing on a console. Incredibly exciting. Gotta try this tonight.

Kerned

Banned
So I'm not a big fan of the Infamous series, and I don't know that this game would win me over, but holy shit these screens! I can't believe this is a first gen PS4 game. Unbelievable. I'm going to end up buying it just to marvel at the graphics.

Top Bottom