• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Tyaren

Expected. Hell, I expect Green Lantern and Superman to get most of them.

I wonder how far they will go to actually individualize these skins. For example Powergirl, will it literally be Supergirl, the exact same model, just with a different costume? Will there be extra moves, attacks?

I wonder how far they will go to actually individualize these skins. For example Powergirl, will it literally be Supergirl, the exact same model, just with a different costume? Will there be extra moves, attacks?

I'd love to see Premier Skins with unique special moves and animations, just to individualise them further. However, I doubt we'll see more than new voice acting and unique dialogue.

Ryce

They're merely cosmetic skins with unique voices and dialogue. Reverse-Flash even uses Flash's intro animation.

They're merely cosmetic skins with unique voices and dialogue. Reverse-Flash even uses Flash's intro animation.

While they'll most definitely keep animations, I wonder if the looks of the special moves will change. The fact that the color of the Lantern's constructs can change makes me think this might be a possibility for some characters.

Tyaren

What I thought... Unique voice actors, different lines and interactions with the others characters is already pretty nice though.
How much will one of these cost?

It's understandable given new animations likely require just as much work as new characters. I can imagine if NRS had opted to go the route of unique animations, special moves and intros, that we'd see far less Premier Skins than the number currently planned.

What I thought... Unique voice actors, different lines and interactions with the others characters is already pretty nice though.
How much will one of these cost?

The costs haven't been announced. Only four Premier Skins are currently confirmed; John Stewart GL, Power Girl and Reverse-Flash (available via the Season Pass) and Mr. Freeze (presumed to be unlockable in-game).

Ryce

At the very least, it would be cool if certain characters had custom abilities intended for use with their premier skins -- a hand vibration parry that could be given to Reverse-Flash, a sniper rifle construct for John Stewart, a command grab or punch walk for Power Girl, a freeze beam for Mr. Freeze, and so on.

At the very least, it would be cool if certain characters had custom abilities intended for use with their premier skins -- a hand vibration parry that could be given to Reverse-Flash, a sniper rifle construct for John Stewart, a command grab or punch walk for Power Girl, a freeze beam for Mr. Freeze, and so on.

That's what I want. Surely the gear system can allow for this without too much additional work on NRS's part. When it was announced that Hal Jordan could change Corps using shaders, I imagined a Blue Lantern Hal Jordan might have a unique self-heal, a Red Lantern Hal Jordan; a blood vomit projectile, etc.

Ryce

So here’s how I wish the select screen was laid out:

BavTFc5.png

I wanted to do a clean divide between heroes and villains like in the first game, but that’s not possible since the roster isn’t evenly split anymore.

I made sure characters from the same series are touching, and the more prominent series are generally situated towards the center of the screen: Batman and Superman are both one box away from random, then Wonder Woman, then Flash and Green Lantern, then Aquaman, then Cyborg, et cetera.

There are also a few thematic clusters: the left half is mostly street crime (Batman/Flash/Green Arrow) and the right half is more science fiction/magic themed. Cyborg and Blue Beetle are next to each other (armored teens), Aquaman and Black Adam are next to each other (rulers of fictional kingdoms), Black Adam is next to Doctor Fate (vaguely Egyptian), and so on.

J-Tier

So here’s how I wish the select screen was laid out:

I wanted to do a clean divide between heroes and villains like in the first game, but that’s not possible since the roster isn’t evenly split anymore.
Oh, so it's not a 1:1 ratio of heroes to villains? Interesting. Never took the opportunity to tally it up.

ZeroX03

Banned
That's a good roster mock up. Boy to be a Batman villain huh.

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/854730644089217024

Whoa, is Ollie gonna be working with the Society? That'd be quite the turn.

Considering Grodd's head is pulsing, I'd say he's just being mind controlled.

Not every character will receive premiere skins

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/854760669975117825

Did anyone expect them to? I honestly can't imagine them doing too many unless they can sell them for like $5 a pop.

That's a good roster mock up. Boy to be a Batman villain huh.

Considering Grodd's head is pulsing, I'd say he's just being mind controlled.

Did anyone expect them to? I honestly can't imagine them doing too many unless they can sell them for like $5 a pop.
That or they're playing up the "alliances are broken!" thing.

Gleethor

Why not?

Doesn't the batman series have enough bad guys , heroes and anti heroes that are more well known than many series.
That's like saying Smash Bros should only have Mario and Pokémon characters since they're the most popular. Variety is the spice of life.

vg260

Brainiac looks awesome.

Some glimpes of what looks like the Fortress of Solitude stage and maybe the inside of his ship. Looks rad.

sinkfla87

It's still kinda insane to me that this a fighting games story mode.
Brainiac looks awesome

This looks fucking amazing. I initially didn't want Brainiac but they did such a good job with him. I love how he just tentacle chokes people while giving his evil bad guy speech lol.

vg260

I always wanted Doc Ock in a Marvel fighter, and still do, but if we don't get him in MvCI, hopefully he'll scratch the itch nicely.

I saw Captain Cold in the Destroyer shader and he looked freaking awesome. I've already got 20 dollars in my XBL account for shaders and premium skins.

Top Bottom