• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

100% of characters in the game have Ability moves that are some of their best most fun and interesting specials.

Nice job getting me to play Gear Enabled online mode, NRS.

tim1138

I want Nightwing back or him as Grayson. :/

gra_1_cover_color_by_mikeljanin-d7k412x.jpg

I'd take Grayson over Red Hood any day of the week for the gun toting bat character.

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps has been a surprisingly interesting book reaching highs that Venditti's Green Lantern never did. It's hard to believe it's from the same writer.

Seriously, it's like night and day. If you told me Johns was ghost writing it, I'd believe you.

I'd take Grayson over Red Hood any day of the week for the gun toting bat character.

Seriously, it's like night and day. If you told me Johns was ghost writing it, I'd believe you.

It's up there with Green Arrow; both books have been the biggest surprises of Rebirth for me. I imagine Johns did have a hand in course correcting Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. The alternative is that the Rebirth initiative gave writers more freedom and helped reinvigorate their enthusiasm and passion, as those are the two qualities that shine through in Venditti's writing on Hal Jordan.

I was worried that might happen after her lacklustre reveal trailer.

I know, right? I feel that way abut a lot of characters.
I mean I'm still gonna play those casual modes too but I feel like this is really gonna hurt longevity for this game tbh by locking this stuff. I hope they reconsider this decision down the line.
But in good news that second gear outfit.

Yes, more of that when it comes to Ivy, please.
I had this face for like 30 seconds after seeing those alts.

ufZSy.jpg

I mean I'm still gonna play those casual modes too but I feel like this is really gonna hurt longevity for this game tbh by locking this stuff. I hope they reconsider this decision down the line.
I had this face for like 30 seconds after seeing those alts.

ufZSy.jpg

Eh, I'm not a casual gamer but have zero interest in playing this without custom gear and special moves given the focus on customisation. I'm going to skip the online modes that disable such options.

Alienous

It shouldn't be impossible to allow the moves in competetive mode if they turn them into 'loadouts', and I hope that's what they do. Then all they'd have to do is come up with snappy character nicknames.

It would basically be a simplified version of MKX's variations but at least then some of the cooler moves would make their appearance online, assuming the gear moves aren't all atrociously balanced. It'll be such a shame if those are barely seen.

bubumiao

Since we never got Dr. Octopus in MvC3/UMvC3 (or Omega Red) Brainiac looks like what I'd imagine a character with mechanical tentacles to look. I like this game more and more because it's also igniting an interest in DC lore something I'd never really researched before.

Is the Poison Ivy stream archived yet? I just caught the end when they were playing vs.

It shouldn't be impossible to allow the moves in competetive mode if they turn them into 'loadouts', and I hope that's what they do. Then all they'd have to do is come up with snappy character nicknames.

It would basically be a simplified version of MKX's variations but at least then some of the cooler moves would make their appearance online, assuming the gear moves aren't all atrociously balanced. It'll be such a shame if those are barely seen.
Exactly, it can't be something that's THAT difficult to implement and it would be a great boon to the tournament and online competitive scene.
Since we never got Dr. Octopus in MvC3/UMvC3 (or Omega Red) Brainiac looks like what I'd imagine a character with mechanical tentacles to look. I like this game more and more because it's also igniting an interest in DC lore something I'd never really researched before.

Is the Poison Ivy stream archived yet? I just caught the end when they were playing vs.
Yup, just saw it on the archive myself: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/136925759

Poison Ivy starts at 40:24

We already have loadouts; you have five per character. It's just a question of whether the modes that disable stat gains from gear also disable custom special moves. I'd be okay with custom special moves always being active regardless of game mode.

J-Tier

This is what they would need to do, default loadouts. The custom moves will be fun to play with in the beginning, but if I wanted to seriously use a character, that custom move would never be used again.

bubumiao

Eh, I'm not a casual gamer but have zero interest in playing this without custom gear and special moves given the focus on customisation. I'm going to skip the online modes that disable such options.

I feel pretty much the same way. I want to level up my characters and be a fucking monster because of it (due to gear/grinding for the best).

bubumiao

This is what they would need to do, default loadouts. The custom moves will be fun to play with in the beginning, but if I wanted to seriously use a character, that custom move would never be used again.

But then that will defeat the purpose of separate modes (gear disabled vs gear enabled). I understand you want a mode that compromises and gives you a few extra moves with the loadouts, but then what would be the point of grinding for gear in a separate mode?

I feel pretty much the same way. I want to level up my characters and be a fucking monster because of it (due to gear/grinding for the best).

I hope matchmaking has been tuned well enough to balance the difference in levels and gear. I'm 100% down with the gear system, but I don't want new players to be turned away from the game due to poor matchmaking. I suppose that's why there's an option to disable stat gains before matches begin though. We can choose whether we want to enable "beast" mode.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I know, right? I feel that way abut a lot of characters.

Yeah, when I'm disappointed when I found out that few new moves Flash had was locked behind the gears. I fear to find out which moves is going to be locked behind the gears with Captain Cold.

bubumiao

We already have loadouts; you have five per character. It's just a question of whether the modes that disable stat gains from gear also disable custom special moves. I'd be okay with custom special moves always being active regardless of game mode.

Should they be unlocked from the get go? I don't actually know how any of the gear shit works right now to be honest. I want it to be fair, but also provide incentive for investing time grinding for the gear in the first place.

J-Tier

But then that will defeat the purpose of separate modes (gear disabled vs gear enabled). I understand you want a mode that compromises and gives you a few extra moves with the loadouts, but then what would be the point of grinding for gear in a separate mode?
Just for the purpose of a tourney mode.

Alienous

The problem there arises in how many gear moves there are. Without a small set of fixed gear move combinations you can't reasonably expect a player to develop strategies for handling, say, a particular type of Poison Ivy. There's too much unpredictability there, and the loadouts would be to avoid that.

Should they be unlocked from the get go? I don't actually know how any of the gear shit works right now to be honest. I want it to be fair, but also provide incentive for investing time grinding for the gear in the first place.

I don't think special moves should be unlocked from the beginning to be honest. I enjoy the incentive of unlocking new special moves and gaining increased stats from better gear in spite of progress being random. Maybe the tournament mode that has been discussed could grant access to every custom special move in order to keep players on equal footing.

Khezu

I feel that way about a lot of characters, but not really Ivy.

Garden of Life and Thorn armor are just slightly modified versions of her normal moves.
The other version of the vine attack looks a bit better, but seems a lot worse.

The only one I wish was default is her thorn fireball, but balance wise considering her other tools, she might not need it.

sephi22

Gear moves are currently turned off in competitive mode. I know because Tyler and Jared fought with gear on and competitive mode on and Ivy was using her default moveset instead of the modified moves.
I can think of a couple of sinister reasons why they'd keep gear moves away from competitive, but I'm sleeping now and will detail my thoughts when I have more time to mull over this

Top Bottom