• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kizer

Shame YJ is as good as dead, Aqualad is pretty awesome, despite being a terrible coldhearted son.
Might as well enjoy the ride. I like Blue Beetle so I am glad they are getting so much screen time, personally.

Other than Storm none of these are really mainstream, though I think Aqualad could be getting Cyborg level of awareness.

Give Falcon a little while. I also forgot to mention War Machine.

Kizer

Sometimes I feel that Marvel isn't sure how to position Falcon. But yeah, War Machine is definitely rising in popularity, thanks to the movies.

Honestly, I think Falcon is an awkward character to sell to people. The whole bird motif thing may not have much appeal to the masses. At the same time though, Falcon being Captain America's partner was a huge deal back when that was going on if you think about it. A white man and a black man being equals who equally relied on each other. Historically, Falcon's existence is a big deal for comics and for that, I do think he deserves to be known. I am worried with how he will be shown in Cap 2.

TDLink

Is that a new stage in the Grundy/Lantern fight? I haven't been paying much attention.

It is, I believe, the one called "Insurgency". It first appeared in the New York Comic-Con playable build back in October.

The one in the Aquaman/Cyborg video is Wayne Manor, which was just (inadvertently?) confirmed yesterday by Giant Bomb along with Blackgate Penitentiary.

NEO0MJ

That Cyborg player tried his darn hardest to make him look boring.
Anyways, Green Lantern and Aqua man look pretty interesting, and nice that they both won.

The Adder

Banned
It is, I believe, the one called "Insurgency". It first appeared in the New York Comic-Con playable build back in October.

The one in the Aquaman/Cyborg video is Wayne Manor, which was just (inadvertently?) confirmed yesterday by Giant Bomb along with Blackgate Penitentiary.

Stately Wayne Manor.

TDLink

I still can't help but feel some of these supers have more work put into them/look more satisfying than others.

A couple other things I noticed:

More voice acting during the actual fight. Still not a ton but little things like Cyborg's "Booyah" and Grundy's rhyming...I hope they continue to add in more before release.

Green Lantern's win screen features a few different GL's than the one we saw earlier in the week.

Moaradin

Yes. As far as I know all of the characters have their DC Animated Universe voices with few exceptions (like Joker).

Awesome. I never considered the voice actors for this game. I'm assuming we'll get Kevin Conroy as Batman too. Mark Hamill will be missed though =(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
What's up with Cyborg's Intro. Look like he came from the future or what? I thought it was amusing that they had to borrowed some of idea from Spencer(MVC3) however he still played differently.

Is Grundy's "Super" basically Nemesis' non-missile shooting level 1 from Marvel where he just gains like hyper armor?

Basically.

Kizer

Is Grundy's "Super" basically Nemesis' non-missile shooting level 1 from Marvel where he just gains like hyper armor?

not exactly. Nemesis's level 1 is him throwing punches. You don't actually control the punches. They just happen that way all the time. Grundy's gives him armor, yes but you are totally in control of your actions in the mean time. I guess if we had to use umvc3 as example, fuse that nemesis super with shuma gorath's chaos dimension.

SmokeMaxX

not exactly. Nemesis's level 1 is him throwing punches. You don't actually control the punches. They just happen that way all the time. Grundy's gives him armor, yes but you are totally in control of your actions in the mean time. I guess if we had to use umvc3 as example, fuse that nemesis super with shuma gorath's chaos dimension.

What happens at the end of it? I must have missed Grundy connecting. It also looked weird because it looked like he was still affected by hitstun (sorta).

NEO0MJ

What happens at the end of it? I must have missed Grundy connecting. It also looked weird because it looked like he was still affected by hitstun (sorta).

That grab where he stabs his opponent with the knife and then smashes the tombstone on their head. And hyper armor slows you down when you get hit in most games, especially against rapid fire moves like Green Lantern's chain gun.

Kizer

He grabs you, smacks you up with several of the sharp objects in his back, eventually pulls his own tombstone out of his body and breaks it over your head.

Maaan, the more I see Solomon, the more I just want to play of him. He looks damn fun, with his moves tossing you around like a ragdoll. XD He even has a move to send some undead hands to grab you in place from the ground.

Green Lantern, looked pretty cool, but he didn't catch my eye. I enjoyed his throw, where he slams someone against a wall. :3

Aquaman, is looking pretty great, definitely adding him into my characters to play. He will be Top Tier! Believe!

I feel that Cyborg actually has some things going on, but the players don't understand him yet. I'll wait, and give him another chance.

GrayFoxPL

Fuck Yeah guys! One step closer!

Never liked Green Lantern but his moveset seems pretty nice, hmmm.

Salomon Grundy is just adorable.

Khezu

Grundy has lots of armor, I enjoy this.
iERsqNRyo5cq1.gif

ixlRyOyh6ueR0.gif

The armor his super gives him is some weird weaker version of normal armor, but still pretty good.

TDLink

IGN just uploaded a new Aquaman combat trailer.

Well this is a really nice and unexpected surprise, adding to the OP. Thanks for finding it!

I'm the only one who is not digging the backgrounds? they look unbelievable low poly.

The look completely fine when viewed at the proper angle (normal fighting game perspective from the side). It's only the weird camera angles for these videos that are showing some of the flaws in geometry (because they aren't really supposed to be viewed from that angle).

Overall they look great.

EDIT:

YouTube mirror of the Aquaman combat trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ER1-zDRbZnw

Grundy looks like a lot of fun. Those combo grabs look ruthless.

I still can't help but feel some of these supers have more work put into them/look more satisfying than others.
I've been noticing this too. Grundy's is pretty weaksauce compared to most of the others and Cyborg's is just downright lazy. Are there going to be more than one for each character? Maybe that would explain it.

ReiGun

Aquabro and Grundy look hype. I don't feel like the vids showcased GL or Cyborg. Hal looks like he may end up being one if the more complicated characters.

Khezu

Aquabro and Grundy look hype. I don't feel like the vids showcased GL or Cyborg. Hal looks like he may end up being one if the more complicated characters.

I think they did a good job showcasing cyborg, he didn't do any fancy combos but that's not really what he is about.

Cyborg and Grundy got to do more stuff then GL and Aquaman because they won't be returning.

Really can't wait to see more of Hal, cause I can't really figure out what he is about, all the stuff he showed is kinda.. slow.
I wonder if this power up move is his gimmick or not.
iYYpbVSpmK26z.gif

Ryce

It's hard to tell from the video, but is Green Lantern a power character? It's weird seeing him throw stuff around like that since he doesn't have conventional super strength.

Top Bottom