• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider-Gaming EXCLUSIVE – Details on the New Action RPG by Xbox and Wu-Tang Clan"

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Sounds like a cross between Hi-Fi Rush and Like a Dragon.

According to both reports, the game is a third-person melee-oriented RPG complete with four-player co-op. The game was also said to heavily involve the Wu-Tang Clan members themselves with the game’s soundtrack and would feature the likes of loot, weapons, and gear from defeated enemies. According to the reports, the game is in development at Brass Lion Entertainment, a new studio formed in 2019 by Manveer Heir.
Insider Gaming can corroborate these original reports and understands that the game is currently in its Alpha stage

The gameplay evolves around fast-paced melee combat in third-person, with a strong focus on having both music and combat intertwined. Players can choose from four different weapons that all have different and unique playstyles (single swords, dual swords, etc.). It’s understood that the game features a massive catalog of the Wu-Tang Clan’s music, most of which has been re-imagined by producer and DJ Just Blaze for the game.
Gameplay sent to Insider Gaming under the condition that the footage doesn’t go public and the source remains anonymous shows an animation style somewhat similar to Into The Spider-verse. For example. one front flip with a slam attack contained 7-8 frames of animation. As for the overall visuals, the game is bright, colorful, and anime-like in style. Players can explore the vast world freely, which is described as “blurring the boundaries of reality”.

Insider Gaming was unable to get an accurate release date from its sources, but gameplay suggests that the game could still be one or two years away at the very least.

wu-tang-dave.gif

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Turtles in Time + Wu-Tang would be so fire.
You know what ... it *does* sound like Turtles in Time.

The gameplay evolves around fast-paced melee combat in third-person, with a strong focus on having both music and combat intertwined. Players can choose from four different weapons that all have different and unique playstyles (single swords, dual swords, etc.).

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
According to both reports, the game is a third-person melee-oriented RPG complete with four-player co-op. The game was also said to heavily involve the Wu-Tang Clan members themselves with the game’s soundtrack and would feature the likes of loot, weapons, and gear from defeated enemies. According to the reports, the game is in development at Brass Lion Entertainment, a new studio formed in 2019 by Manveer Heir.
Sounds cool!

The gameplay evolves around fast-paced melee combat in third-person, with a strong focus on having both music and combat intertwined. Players can choose from four different weapons that all have different and unique playstyles (single swords, dual swords, etc.). It’s understood that the game features a massive catalog of the Wu-Tang Clan’s music, most of which has been re-imagined by producer and DJ Just Blaze for the game.
Hell yeah.

"Sources outlined that the game will be a “welcome space for all players” and will center around characters from BIPOC and historically marginalized communities."
I can't wait to feel welcome...

Stafford

This remains a game I find so incredibly random, not in a bad way but Wu-Tang? It's not like they are super active anymore, so it's surprising. But hey, I'm all for it. It does sound good.

I read that apparently devs that worked on Sleeping Dogs are on this?

CamHostage

They did it well the first time IMO. Not an all-timer, but this is one of the few 3D fighters (in the era that developers were trying this concept) that was fun to play.

(It was also an improvement over what it would have been if the original Thrill Kill had released.)

Last edited:

About us​

Brass Lion Entertainment is an entertainment studio focused on creating original fictional universes that center on Black, Brown, and other traditionally marginalized characters, cultures, and stories. A POC-majority studio, Brass Lion is propelled by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that fosters belongingness.

A POC-majority studio, Brass Lion is propelled by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that fosters belongingness.

graywolf323

Isn't this the guy who did Mass Effect: Andromeda?

The concept is cool, so I'll reserve judgement after the demo/trailer.
he was involved but wasn’t a higher-up or anything, but given his statements on what he wishes they had done with the game, I wouldn’t have any hopes for this based on his resume

”Heir stated that, during development of Andromeda, he and other colleagues from the development team attempted, albeit unsuccessfully, to convince the project leads to remove a perceived colonialist slant to the player's forcible colonization of alien planets.”

Notably, Heir talks frankly about his work on Andromeda and the problems he and his colleagues faced in getting it ready for ship. When the game debuted earlier this year it caught some criticism for glorifying colonialist fantasies, for example, and now Heir says there were people within the team who spoke up about the issue years in advance -- and in vain.

"I wasn't the only one. There were other people, there were other white people, white men, who spoke up. There's a lot of really good people inside of BioWare who spoke up on this stuff," he said. "This is what happens when, I think, you have a homogeneous leadership. The leadership of Mass Effect: Andromeda was all white men."

Kuranghi

About us​

Brass Lion Entertainment is an entertainment studio focused on creating original fictional universes that center on Black, Brown, and other traditionally marginalized characters, cultures, and stories. A POC-majority studio, Brass Lion is propelled by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that fosters belongingness.

A POC-majority studio, Brass Lion is propelled by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that fosters belongingness.

"The old studio I worked at was headed up by a bunch of white men, meaging upper-level decisions were homogenized. I know how to solve this! By making a studio that not only has non-white men as the majority in upper management... but the whole studio be anything except white men! Surely that will stop the homogenization!!"

This man sounds like a complete moron.

"The old studio I worked at was headed up by a bunch of white men, meaging upper-level decisions were homogenized. I know how to solve this! By making a studio that not only has non-white men as the majority in upper management... but the whole studio be anything except white men! Surely that will stop the homogenization!!"

That's exactly how they think. Everything is black and white to them so if white men are bad and minorities are good then a studio full of minorities will be the "goodest" studio in the world.

Godot25

Banned
I mean. It doesn't sound very interesting for me personally, but since it will be in Game Pass I will for sure try it.

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
If this isn't a live service game then I'm in.

Just Blaze is my all-time favorite producer.

S0ULZB0URNE

About us​

CIbdvPx.jpg

They can keep that 💩

They did it well the first time IMO. Not an all-timer, but this is one of the few 3D fighters (in the era that developers were trying this concept) that was fun to play.

(It was also an improvement over what it would have been if the original Thrill Kill had released.)

My uncle was a 3DO developer at the time and he had a copy of Thrill Kill, and I remember thinking it was a cool idea but the execution kinda sucked, the camera and controls being things I remember sucking. And then a few years later I remember renting Wu-Tang for PS1 and realizing what was going on. It was definitely better than the original game.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Legenday simp cuck cliffy B is also a co director as a independent on the m game as well, hes lead the development since 2021, wants a full time job at ms as well lmao

Last edited:
Top Bottom