• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming has learned of the developer requirements that need to be met to have the ‘PS5 Pro Enhanced’ label

NEbeast

I wont loose my time putting here pretty much every non 1st party 60 FPS game that Digital Foundry analyzed, sorry

Hell, watch their video where they talk about the PS5 Pro specs and hear what they say

PS5 Pro will be great for those who want better graphics, of course. But if you are expecting constant 60 FPS you are in for some rude awakening
You're not going to buy it so why the fuck do you care? The pro has so many people shitting their pants.

panda-zebra

Digital Foundry seemed really butt hurt about being called out for their PS5 Pro won't deliver 60fps with GTA6.

Just take the L guys

12:30 - Richard with the smug af "but last gen we didn't have cross gen" backfire - what a muppet. Trying to hand-wave away John's comments regarding the 60fps games situation now being lightyears away from the mess that was the Jaguars of gen 8, to which John brings the receipts and Alex musters some umms and ahhs not wanting to upset the doddering old cloud-shouter.

A DF microcosm that was; Richard playing at being the vital hub around which everything flows yet rarely ventures beyond reading stuff from a list/script and offering no worthwhile input of his own, Alex viewing things through the lens of the very best the PC has to offer as is always the way (which is fine, because that's what he knows best and really cares about), then John bringing some common sense and real world perspective as someone who actually plays a ton of games on a huge range of hardware spanning decades for the people who might be watching and wanting more context than what Richard's ardent and inherent bias offers.

Awaiting the day Oliver snaps, shrugs off the mild-mannered ASMR tones and finally puts Richard in his place once and for all.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

12:30 - Richard with the smug af "but last gen we didn't have cross gen" backfire - what a muppet. Trying to hand-wave away John's comments regarding the 60fps games situation now being lightyears away from the mess that was the Jaguars of gen 8, to which John brings the receipts and Alex musters some umms and ahhs not wanting to upset the doddering old cloud-shouter.

A DF microcosm that was; Richard playing at being the vital hub around which everything flows yet rarely ventures beyond reading stuff from a list/script and offering no worthwhile input of his own, Alex viewing things through the lens of the very best the PC has to offer as is always the way (which is fine, because that's what he knows best and really cares about), then John bringing some common sense and real world perspective as someone who actually plays a ton of games on a huge range of hardware spanning decades for the people who might be watching and wanting more context than what Richard's ardent and inherent bias offers.

Awaiting the day Oliver snaps, shrugs off the mild-mannered ASMR tones and finally puts Richard in his place once and for all.
Man I don't think it's that serious lol

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Gaf’a burning hatred for DF is one of the funniest things on this board.
I don't think people hate them.. except for Alex but I can kinda understand why as he is one of those annoying people.
And most like John who does know what he is talking about most the time and doesn't say things with certainty that he doesn't know, but Richard & Alex have a smug arrogance to them when they don't actually know shit.
And that's been proven time and time again.
They're just your average PC gamer.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I don't think people hate them..
thor-is-he-though-meme-template-x6cbj.jpg

UltimaKilo

Gold Member

Holy hell man, you really need to get out more. WTF was that?

This is the first gen I skip a Sony console, but the Pro could sway me with some great performing new Sony games!

paolo11

FFXVI drops the resolution in combat and holds a steady 60 FPS

They weren't dropping resolution in cities and open world
Is this confirmed (not doubting or anything)?

So open world walking, riding Chocobo is 1080p and combat is 720p?

ChiefDada

Gold Member
The first part sounded good, made it sound like Sony is really pushing for consistent 60fps with this machine. But then the second part says just about any little improvement, like a slightly higher resolution, will grant the game that label? Weird.

Sony is pushing for two different labels.

The "PS5 Pro Graphics Mode" will be more ambitious where a game has to have all three features: PSSR upscaling, stable 60fps, and additional RT above base PS5 version.

"PS5 Pro Enhanced" games just need to incorporate any one of the above to receive the enhanced stamp.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

The "PS5 Pro Graphics Mode" will be more ambitious where a game has to have all three features: PSSR upscaling, stable 60fps, and additional RT above base PS5 version.

"PS5 Pro Enhanced" games just need to incorporate any one of the above to receive the enhanced stamp.

So there are two different labels? Or not? Still not very clear.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Last gen's cross gen was very limited and first party studios didnt take part in that nonsense which made cross gen feel much smaller in scope. whereas both sony and microsoft were releasing cross gen games up until the end of 2022.

This gen, it took 3 years for cross gen to go away. 3 years of big AAA titles to stop supporting last gen consoles. SS, Dragons Dogma, Helldivers 2, ronin, and ff7 rebirth are all next gen only, all third party. Last year started off with RE4, hogwarts, Hifi Rush, Atomic Heart, Dead Island 2 then continued through the summer with Street Fighter 4, Diablo 3 and finished with AC mirage and call of duty. Only a few games released last year were next gen only. Avatar, Spiderman, FF16, Star Wars, BG3 etc. The rest of the year was mostly cross gen unlike 2024 when next gen has finally become the norm 3 years later. Last gen, it was a year at best. While rich is technically wrong in saying we didnt have cross gen, the point he's trying to make is that this gen feels like it has only just started. A sentiment shared by a vast majority of people on this very board and at GDC where devs said the same thing.

ZehDon

Gold Member
But there were never any mandates in terms of featureset... Ultimately the mandate was only about shipping Pro enabled software (in modern terms - no BC+ titles allowed post the cut-off date) - what you 'did' with it was left open to every title.
Sorry, I used some overloaded terms there, that's my fault. I didn't mean to imply specific Pro features - CBR, RPM - were required, I meant that games shipped after a specific date were required to support the Pro with Pro-specific improvements, such as higher resolution. I'll try and be clearer in the future.

paolo11

This is my opinion and I can be wrong but for me, cross gen games are still beautiful like RE4 remake and Street Fighter 6. I’m easy to please honestly speaking .

Are ps5 consoles stil manufactured mostly in China or 50-50 China and Japan?

The RTX 4060 isn’t even much better than the base PS5 in rasterization. The Pro will not only blow it out of the water there, but also have much better RT and AI upscaling, two things that make the RTX 4060 (at least the 16GB model) better than the base PS5’s GPU.

The Pro’s GPU will be on the level of a 4070 most likely. Much better than the 4060.
In raw grunt yes in real world performance should be like a 4070 ti or 4070ti super

The RTX 4060 isn’t even much better than the base PS5 in rasterization. The Pro will not only blow it out of the water there, but also have much better RT and AI upscaling, two things that make the RTX 4060 (at least the 16GB model) better than the base PS5’s GPU.

The Pro’s GPU will be on the level of a 4070 most likely. Much better than the 4060.
In raw grunt yes in real world performance should be like a 4070 ti or 4070

Flyinmunky

I sold my PS5 after playing Rebirth as nothing due out this summer I want or cant play on PC.

I will get PS5 Pro but Sony really needs to hit the ground running with it and impress with showing how it enhances games.

Time to pull the 4k60 raytraced enhanced Bloodborne card?

Last gen's cross gen was very limited and first party studios didnt take part in that nonsense which made cross gen feel much smaller in scope. whereas both sony and microsoft were releasing cross gen games up until the end of 2022.

This gen, it took 3 years for cross gen to go away. 3 years of big AAA titles to stop supporting last gen consoles. SS, Dragons Dogma, Helldivers 2, ronin, and ff7 rebirth are all next gen only, all third party. Last year started off with RE4, hogwarts, Hifi Rush, Atomic Heart, Dead Island 2 then continued through the summer with Street Fighter 4, Diablo 3 and finished with AC mirage and call of duty. Only a few games released last year were next gen only. Avatar, Spiderman, FF16, Star Wars, BG3 etc. The rest of the year was mostly cross gen unlike 2024 when next gen has finally become the norm 3 years later. Last gen, it was a year at best. While rich is technically wrong in saying we didnt have cross gen, the point he's trying to make is that this gen feels like it has only just started. A sentiment shared by a vast majority of people on this very board and at GDC where devs said the same thing.

All the too big to fail third party games were cross gen for years on ps4

This gen has been longer but it’s not like cross gen was rare on ps4

The main point being that 60fps excuse is bs….there was a massive leap in cpu this gen

sachos

That "PS5 Pro" mode seems to be pretty ambitious, hope devs can achieve it most of the time. I would also like to see they try and push a "Super Quality" mode, were they go for 4K DLSS Quality equivalent but with way more RT features, i hope the rumoured up to x4 RT performance is when using RTGI.

Top Bottom