• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing Improvements for NeoGAF Gold Live Updates

OverHeat

« generous god »
Hasan Minhaj Netflix GIF by Patriot Act
Done

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Guys let’s make this thread gold only give to the next posters who are not gold.
P.S. I gifted 16 gold tonight hahahaha
While I'm happy to have a fellow Gafter onboard boasting about it cheapens your gesture & makes it all about yourself.

Try to be humble 🙂

YCoCg

Great work, these changes actually seem like they benefit the end user, which is something not many places have done lately.

Gold Member
This is awesome, I love gold but that auto scrolling on iPhone when a new post comes in is infuriating! Looks like I wasn't the only person it was pissing off lol

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Great update !

I may have noticed a bug though (I don't know if it's new from this update) :
- I opened a few tabs in the background, including one I did not open from a long time, thus it put it on the first page (Career and progression in Forza Motorsport)
- when I when to this tab, I noticed I was at the top of the first page, then I clicked on "Jump to new".
- it sent me to the very last post on the last page, but the newest I didn't read was still from today on the previous page, making me having to scroll and find which was the real newest post (there was more than twenty from today, and the previous one was in June).

So it's counting new posts in the background as read even if we don't see them.

BTW, is there a way to always get to the latest post, even when the thread has not been opened for a long time ?

Last edited:

killatopak

I haven’t delved into the settings once I was a gold member but can you turn off live updates?

I remember back in old gaf when I had gaf browser extension that had a refresh symbol at the bottom of the page where you can easily turn off live updates whenever you want.

However the live update only working once you are at the most recent page is a welcome change. It constantly messed me up while I was reading threads that were pages long as well as when I was typing a reply. Good work everyone! Thanks for making the browsing experience better.

Top Bottom