• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming August 2014: This reads like paid advertising, narrated by Tom Hiddleston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flunkie

Banned
Anyone else play World of Tanks on the ipad?
Yep even though it runs like piss on my iPad 3 and so does most recent releases (just tried Godus and it's very laggy but beautiful and fun right now), but I still enjoy it and play with my sixaxis sometimes when I don't want to bother with the onscreen controls. Thing about that is that you lose some flexibility with aiming.

okno

I really, really wish Deep Loot had iCloud support :( If I copy over the save file from my iPhone to my iPad, will it work? Never thought about doing this until now.

PFD

I really, really wish Deep Loot had iCloud support :( If I copy over the save file from my iPhone to my iPad, will it work? Never thought about doing this until now.

If the game is universal it should work. I've done it many times before

Flunkie

Banned
Ok never mind. Can't play godus past the "sign in". Also deep loot is trash because it always keeps freezing where I can't move anywhere or pick up anything but the game keeps animating. Also if I do successfully make it through a dive, it goes to a light blue screen and I have to force close the app. Really shitty luck regarding performance with my apps lately.

A Dark Room is weird... somehow all my villagers became slaves. Is there any way to reverse that? Also I am worried about resources sometimes. Or should I not be because there isn't any time limit (I dont think there is anyway)?

Sentinel 4: Dark Star releasing this week:
http://youtu.be/xNP8ssLvcE4
sentinel46.jpg

Wish someone had told me Dark Room was an artsy game. Completely turned off my brain while playing it lol. Definitely didn't get the intended developer experience.

Gonna replay the hell out of it.

I recently got back to iOS gaming and the games I'm enjoying atm are
Punch Quest
Ridiculous Fishing
Hitman Go

Other games I recommend include:
Battleheart
Cut the Rope
Plants vs Zombies
Game Dev Story (most Kairosoft games are awesome)
Thanks, gonna check 'em all out.

dock

A Dark Room did nothing for me. I'm all for artsy games so I'm glad this has a place, but it was an ugly interface with little intrigue that never drew me in.

Gartikker

Traps N´ Gemstones is sort of unique on iOS, but we have similar ones like Mines of Mars, very similar gameplay but more focused on mining (to upgrade your gear you have to find specific minerals that are scattered on a huge map, motroidvania style) and discovering the secrets or Mars. Its about 5-7 hours long and its pretty good. I loved it.

Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out next.

PittaGAF

Anyone here played Lucky Dragon (video), Rules! (video) or Mad Rooster (video) (from the makers of the awesome endless runner Madcoaster)? I am very interested in those.

Rules! Is awesome.
I left some impressions some posts back but in short...it's awesome.
I'm really addicted, even if I generally do not like these kind of games.

If you have others in your GC list that are playing it, it's fantastic.

I can't break the 4K points barrier tough.

Matt Frost

Rules! Is awesome.
I left some impressions some posts back but in short...it's awesome.
I'm really addicted, even if I generally do not like these kind of games.

If you have others in your GC list that are playing it, it's fantastic.

I can't break the 4K points barrier tough.

I bought it and had a few rounds... its a lot of fun, I am no fan of games like this but its definitely interesting and a fresh idea. It also has the coat of polish of Threes!. Thanks!

Also bought Madrooster, and I can see the Madcoaster influences...I dont like the revives with feathers and the gameplay has been done before but I wanted to replay that one but so this will do instead.

PittaGAF

I bought it and had a few rounds... its a lot of fun, I am no fan of games like this but its definitely interesting and a fresh idea. It also has the coat of polish of Threes!. Thanks!

Also bought Madrooster, and I can see the Madcoaster influences...I dont like the revives with feathers and the gameplay has been done before but I wanted to replay that one but so this will do instead.

I need you in my Gamecenter list.

Beware tough...game can be devasting on your sanity.
Also devasting for your iOS device.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Goat Simulator coming to IOS/Android
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/12/goat-simulator-makes-big-bucks-with-almost-one-million-sales/

Mobile gaming is dead

Goat Sim is awesome stupid fun and I'll definitely be double dipping
Had this on my Steam wishlist but I'll definitely grab it now, I always prefer this type of mindless silly game on mobile for quick intermittent fun. Reminds me of how McPixel was enhanced for me by being on mobile. Helped a great deal while waiting at the airport, haha.

Matt Frost

I need you in my Gamecenter list.

Beware tough...game can be devastating on your sanity.
Also devastating for your iOS device.

My GameCenter is )Frost( add me (anyone). But my biggest score so far is...56... and I tried... what kind of sorcery are you applying to do a 4K score?

PittaGAF

My GameCenter is )Frost( add me (anyone). But my biggest score so far is...56... and I tried... what kind of sorcery are you applying to do a 4K score?

Took me two days to pass the 100 points.
After a while you will know out of memory the patterns....

EDIT: friend request sent :)

Just wanna say I love this thread and mobile gaming. Mobile gaming is basically all my gaming these days, besides the rare PC game. And I think my enjoyment of games has gone up rather than down.

Just wanna say I love this thread and mobile gaming. Mobile gaming is basically all my gaming these days, besides the rare PC game. And I think my enjoyment of games has gone up rather than down.
I know what you mean. I've actually been playing more mobile games than PC lately, since my laptop's having issues.

Mobile gaming gets a bad rap sometimes, and the platform does have some big issues, but overall it's thriving with interesting wonderful games in every genre. For every developer like King, you have Foursaken and ustwo and Simogo and many others, developers that use the platform's strengths to their fullest potential and just deliver good games. Not just good IOS games, but good games regardless of platform

okno

Took me two days to pass the 100 points.
After a while you will know out of memory the patterns....

EDIT: friend request sent :)

We should be friends: eirikist

I like friends.

I also love Rules! Haven't had much of a chance to play in the last few days, but I think my highest score is just over 1500?

You probably have an idea of the kinds of games I enjoy by now, so it might come as a surprise that I've never played Nihilumbra. Actually turns out I had the game already and hadn't played it. Just reached the forest area, game is fantastic. I heard the hard mode is insanely challenging
---
Cool releases this week (that I know of):
Sentinel 4
Pako
Size Does Matter

Anything else worthwhile?

Matt Frost

Edit: So... the game I wanted, Spooklands got pulled and will be released next week... guess I will backtrack iOS games, once again...

Last I chatted with the developer, he said Spooklands was releasing the 21st, so this is either a nice surprise or an early release. Either way, I've been anticipating Spooklands for months so I'm eager to finally play it

Minsc

Gold Member
Another surprise port this week, PSP's fairly well-recieved horror/adventure type game, Corpse Party, is making it's way to iOS (at least the English port of it, it's been out on the Japanese app store since 2012).

PittaGAF

Hmmmm pretty weak week apparently for my tastes.

I was hoping part of the titles I was looking for would be out by now...but as always I already know they all will be out the same week :(((
(I'm looking forward The Banner Saga, Motorsport Manager, Kingdoms, Star Realms....)

On a totally unrelated note, and just because I know Capybara used to follow these threads....Below MUST, I repeat, MUST, come it iPad sooner or later.
The spiritual successor of Sword&Sworcery NEEDS to be on iPad...being XBOXONE and PC only so far hurts, even more so when I see a new trailer :p

PittaGAF

Another surprise port this week, PSP's fairly well-recieved horror/adventure type game, Corpse Party, is making it's way to iOS (at least the English port of it, it's been out on the Japanese app store since 2012).

Interesting.
Weird it's iPhone only tough while supporting iCloud too.

PittaGAF

Obsidian just announced Pathfinder the card adventure game coming to iPad (plus a long term deal with Paizo).

Official site

Oooooooo yesssssss!!!!
Really looking forward this!!!

Now bring Eternity too :p

PFD

On a totally unrelated note, and just because I know Capybara used to follow these threads....Below MUST, I repeat, MUST, come it iPad sooner or later.
The spiritual successor of Sword&Sworcery NEEDS to be on iPad...being XBOXONE and PC only so far hurts, even more so when I see a new trailer :p

The early trailers for Below looked interesting, but I found the Gamescom trailer way too abstract and self-indulgent. Can't see shit basically.

PittaGAF

The early trailers for Below looked interesting, but I found the Gamescom trailer way too abstract and self-indulgent. Can't see shit basically.

I do not know...latest trailer hyped me to no end....I saw less 'generic crawler' and more story based locations (LOVED the cube).
I'm getting all sorts of Sword&Sworcery vibes too.

I MUST have that game on my iPad.

To be honest...graphically seems more and more intensive, so I'm a bit worried.

wonzo

Banned
wow i'll finally be able to buy and play this game

e: $27.99 on the aus store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom