• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 4S |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miggytronz

I dropped my Evo the other day and shattered the screen. Even with Sprint's insurance they wanted a hunded bucks to fix it. So it's over. I tried to hold out until the next announcement or at least until October.

NOPE

It's my first iPhone, and it goes along with my iPad2, iPod 3 1/2 gen, iMac 27, Mini, and two Macbook Pros.

Obviously I held out on Sprint as long as I could. :)

I love Android, I think there are superior things about it, but I'm just tired of *working* on it to make things work. iPhone just has the apps and marketshare. And quality. And stability.

Thats wild kuz Sprint never charged me to replace my glass on my EVO the 3+ times ive dropped it. I had their insurance too. But oh well. Did they give you anything for your EVO? They gave me $70 credit.

Like you i did the same thing.

Quick

Banned
I've been noticing my signal dropping lately. And yesterday, I had no service for a good 5-10 minutes after exiting a parking garage underground. I was with someone with another 4S under the same carrier (Rogers), and that phone had full bars right after we got out.

Before that, it would dip randomly to Edge, then vanish for a couple of minutes. At one point, I lost service from my house to work, which is about 15 minutes away.

I'm beginning to worry if it's a phone problem more than a carrier problem.

sorry for being off topic, but i thought this would be the best place to ask.

so i have an iphone 4 that i want to sell, itwas on contract but i canceled it, deleted the settings and such and is a uk model if that makes a difference. I also took out my old micro sim card, is there anything else i need to do before selling it?

Quick

Banned
sorry for being off topic, but i thought this would be the best place to ask.

so i have an iphone 4 that i want to sell, itwas on contract but i canceled it, deleted the settings and such and is a uk model if that makes a difference. I also took out my old micro sim card, is there anything else i need to do before selling it?

You did everything I could think of. When you turn it on, it tells you "No Sim" and shows the set-up right?

Don't think there's anything else to cover.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I just looked at an object I set out. Examined it, tilted my head a bit. Looked at one more time. And then looked down at iMessage to insert the photo and realized I hadn't even taken it..

I think its about time for me to have a technology sabbatical.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
With two gmail accounts, both set up as exchange (for push), how do you determine which will be used for outgoing messages? Eg you're in the 'all inboxes' so it doesn't have any context, which does it use? I'm hoping that replying to a specific email replies based on who it was addressed to?

I got my iphone 4S today (about 6 hours ago). I'm trying to send a photo but the sending bar just gets stuck near the end and i get an error saying it didn't work. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

moniker

With two gmail accounts, both set up as exchange (for push), how do you determine which will be used for outgoing messages? Eg you're in the 'all inboxes' so it doesn't have any context, which does it use? I'm hoping that replying to a specific email replies based on who it was addressed to?

Yes, that's how it works. You can check the "From" field to confirm.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

You can as said above, see it in the From: field, or that tap the from field to change which email it is. You can also set your default outgoing email account in your Mail settings.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How do you get your Firefox bookmarks from your laptop into the iPhone? iCloud helper on windows only seems to support IE. I have xmarks which I use to sync bookmarks between the family computers, if that helps.

How do you get your Firefox bookmarks from your laptop into the iPhone? iCloud helper on windows only seems to support IE. I have xmarks which I use to sync bookmarks between the family computers, if that helps.

You could sync your firefox bookmarks into IE or Safari via something like this then sync these to your iPhone.

AngryMoth

Thinking about getting some airplay speakers. I'm looking for something for under £200, but looking at amazon review has put me off a bit because there's a lot of people saying airplay is very inconsistent and cuts outs far too often. Any one have any experience with this? Recommendations?

So is the Apple iMessage service free or what? I thought it was.

iMessage only works iPhone to iPhone or ipad to iPad or iPhone to iPad or iPad to iPhone. it works as a carrier SMS (which means you pay for it) when its from any non-iOS device to an iOS device or an iOS device to a non-iOS device

edgefusion

iMessage only works iPhone to iPhone or ipad to iPad or iPhone to iPad or iPad to iPhone. it works as a carrier SMS (which means you pay for it) when its from any non-iOS device to an iOS device or an iOS device to a non-iOS device

You can send iMessages to Mac computers too.

Anyone ever try and send a text and just hit P instead? I occasionally send it and only realize later that I never sent the text because I usually just lock the phone right away. Move the send button!

Anyone ever try and send a text and just hit P instead? I occasionally send it and only realize later that I never sent the text because I usually just lock the phone right away. Move the send button!

too many times haha! we need a slightly larger screen already..

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Why does the share menu change depending on Camera roll and photostream.

Photostream:
5Ryfu.png

Camera Roll:
Fqbr9.png

LCfiner

Why does the share menu change depending on Camera roll and photostream.

Photostream:
5Ryfu.png

Camera Roll:
Fqbr9.png

First one has 7 items and requires scrolling. Second one has 6 items and doesn't need scrolling.

Although I feel like one control that could handle both short and long menu lists would be better

Im looking for a good robust, non damaging tripod adapter or mount for my iPhone4s, anyone got a good suggestion, its difficult to find something suitable from the vast amount of google results... -.-

Blackhead

Redarse
Im looking for a good robust, non damaging tripod adapter or mount for my iPhone4s, anyone got a good suggestion, its difficult to find something suitable from the vast amount of google results... -.-
My recommendations:
Tripod
Glif An elegant tripod mound and stand for your naked iPhone. Positions the iPhone in landscape on the tripod
iPhone Tripod Holder mount cheaper than the Glif. doesn't work as a stand. positions the iPhone in portrait on the tripod.
XShot iPhone 4 Case a case that can attach universal tripod adapter in either orientation
Gorrilapod/Gorrilamobile a flexible adaptable tripod. The iPhone 4 edition comes with a case. Also provides a free camera app (that doesn't need the accessories to work)
Gymbl/Gymbl Pro a more traditional tripod for the iPhone 4. Has a gimbal (hence the name) which allows for easy panoramic photos. Comes with a case.

Steadicams
Red Pop the simplest way to make the iPhone easier to grip and steady when taking photos. Attaches via the dock connector and pressing the big red button automatically opens the free app. Kickstarter project—funding ended.
iSteadi a standard steadicam. Kickstarter project—funding still ongoing (30 more days to reach their goal).
OWLE Bubo Ergonomic 'case' mount. A film makers platform. The screwed in lens can be replaced with iPhone DSLR lens adapters and the included microphone can be replaced with a lights/flash. Can be placed on a tripod.
Steadicam Smoothee from a big business, the 'professional's solution'. It works, what else can I say?

Similar recommendations here: Best iPhone Photography Gear | The Wirecutter (2012)

Kikarian

I've just jailbroke my 4s. Everything is fine, but just recently it's come up saying "No Service" . Does anyone know what I could do?

I've rebooted, put Airplane mode on. But still nothing is working.

Hey everyone, I know this has been discussed to death, but I wanted some personal advice and recommendations.

I just got a "new" iPhone 4 the other day (using my mother's after my old one cracked). I want to prevent this issue from happening again, so I'd like some advice as to the best iPhone 4 cases on the market.

I really want to steer clear from the heavy duty construction-site looking cases – way too bulky. I would like something trendy and stylish looking while still displaying the design mastery that is the iPhone 4. I liked the Apple bumpers, but I'm not sure that's as protective as I'd want it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

falconzss

For the last few days, my iPhone 4S has been randomly activating Siri whenever I listened through headphones. Did anyone else had this problem?

Pachimari

I'm looking to change my glass back and front of my iPhone 4 (not 4S) for the first time, do you guys know anywhere to buy authentic but also great ones? I'm not looking for black, but other colors, transparent, metal anything unique.

Quick

Banned
I'm looking to change my glass back and front of my iPhone 4 (not 4S) for the first time, do you guys know anywhere to buy authentic but also great ones? I'm not looking for black, but other colors, transparent, metal anything unique.

The transparent and metallic ones tend to look like crap. I'd stay away from those.

As for where to buy them, maybe at a place that does iPhone repairs? They don't have to do it for you, but you could just buy it off them. I've also seen a kiosk or two in a few malls that sell them, as well.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
For the last few days, my iPhone 4S has been randomly activating Siri whenever I listened through headphones. Did anyone else had this problem?
Do you use third part headphones or apple branded ones?

Actually that doesn't matter, I had this problem with one of my headsets. This happened because the inline button was malfunctioning and enabling siri. It also would pause my songs randomly.

falconzss

Quick said:
If you don't use Siri, I would personally just disable it.

Did that but then the same thing happens with voice control.

Do you use third part headphones or apple branded ones?

Actually that doesn't matter, I had this problem with one of my headsets. This happened because the inline button was malfunctioning and enabling siri. It also would pause my songs randomly.

I currently use the apple branded ones that come with the phone. Guess I will try to get my hands on another pair of headphones to check if it is a malfunction. Seems likely to be the problem.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom