• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irrational Games shutting down, 2K takes over BioShock, KL in new 15 person DD studio

IronRinn

In light of the Leigh Alexander editorial linked above, Shawn Elliot has been tweeting the following to Patrick Klepek (sorry, I'm not sure of how to do the whole tweet pics thing) who said:

Patrick Klepek said:
Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I get it wrong. This piece makes me question the stuff that I sit on, don't share, and why.

Shawn Elliot said:
I agree that it is irresponsible to print stories that rely on uncorroborated rumors.

We tend to internalize rumor as fact. Storytelling settles into accepted narrative that is resistant to revision.

It's strange being on the inside. You see so much that is fabricated, that is factually incorrect.

Today, too, I see claims attributed to confidential sources that are so far from the truth.

Because we aren't able to speak, there is, understandably, only speculation.

But my entire time while I was there I watched the web write fiction about what was happening and why.

Sometimes those stories bore some semblance of truth, more often they were high fantasy.

Honestly, if he's too scared to or legally barred from speaking about specifics, best not to say anything at all.

Saying That's all wrong but I can't say why or how is saying nothing, just using too many words to do so.

Spiegel

Ken Levine just tweeted this

Holy fuck. List of studios so far coming to our recruitment day Feb 26 at 10 am in Boston. Miss this at your peril.

#irrationaljobs

Studios confirmed to attend (so far):

ArenaNet LLC
Demiurge
High Voltage Software
GSN Games
Crytek USA and Crytek (global)
BioWare/EA
Retro Studios
Certain Affinity
Insomniac Games
Sledgehammer (Activision)
Treyarch (activision)
Vicarous Visions
Neversoft Entertainment
Turtle Rock
Fireforge Games
Gearbox
Xamarin Inc
Red 5 Studios
Windward Mark Interactive
Avalanche Studios
Hasbro
Sucker Punch Productions
Turbine
Bethesda Softworks / id Software / zeniMax

Palabrah

This isn't surprising in the least. The game was in development hell for several years. Itt would've had to perform on an insane level to be financial justified. As far as Ken.. he didn't fire everybody, he's more a sacrificial lamb probably for the sake of his employees. It's better to say he cut them than say they couldn't ship a game for over half a Gen

element

Shots Fired (a while ago)

Nate Wells interview at i.eat.games.

"In the twilight hours of finishing The Last of Us there were a bunch of tiny things that needed to be done. One of them was the pop-up training screens. You know, with graphics and text to explain you how you use a new object or tactic. You read it real quickly, they're very short and you click through and now you know how to use a Molotov Cocktail, or whatever. The last week before we went gold I was doing the text on those training screens and -- game director, Bruce [Straley] -- he was actually going in and hand-arranging all the text on the training screens.

I have never seen that! I have never even heard of a game director doing that! That's like... an intern task. That would be an Art Intern thing, that's what you give them...

[I.Eat.Games:] But it's such a prominent thing to the player, it smacks us in the face.

Right! And it's important it be right, and he wanted it to be pretty and clearly communicated. And he's the director of the entire game! But because he’s a former artist and a former developer, he knows when it gets down to the wire he just has to grab a mop and start mopping. If you got time to lean you got time to clean!

That spirit, that willingness to not have an ego, not to take that work and delegate that to someone else -- because there is no one else, everyone else is too busy -- to just take that work, that spirit of... I don't know if you want to call Esprit de Corps, or leading from the front? It's really the defining feature for me of Naughty Dog."
I love those Naughty Dog guys :)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I cannot believe the amount of vitriol from people so sure of the fact that Ken took his ball and ran home and implicitly ruined 100 or so livelihoods. You're really creating your own story at this point, because no facts besides [Irrational closed] and [>100 jobs lost] are out there. Be reasonable for a second, and accept that you can't be disgusted by somebody that you're not really sure played the role you think they did in this mess.

I didn't report it. I don't report a lot of things people tell me in confidence about what goes on at their jobs. Digging around in dirty laundry and in open wounds is complicated. The value of the story to those who will read it has to be worth the net risk. There's the risk you're dead wrong: you can't just write an article based on what you heard from one friend or one colleague and present it as fact, just because you believe it. People have to be willing to corroborate, and they have to be willing to do it on the record. Otherwise it's not reporting, it's rumor-mongering. It's irresponsible.

No one talks to the games press officially. I wish they did, but I get it. They want to keep their jobs. Let's just say multiple people within a studio were willing to risk their careers to confirm to me that yes, in fact, if their game didn't sell extremely well, like exponentially more than its predecessor or "well" according to a matrix of time and cost investment and desired profit, that their studio would be closed in a year.

I guess we won't be getting "capital-J Journalism" and it'll be speculations for a while.

It's telling when multi-million selling AAA games (Tomb Raider) are just not cutting it for return of investment for these big publishers. Big budget narrative games are on the rocks as endeavours. Naughty Dog, Rockstar, and Remedy are the few left.

Dire

What do you guys want from the press? At this point the standards are hilariously strict. They aren't allowed to report on the massive career shift of someone as visible as Ken Levine because he gets a golden parachute? It is happening, like it or not.

I'd expect a golden parachute is exactly what this is, but I'm not sure how commonly known that term is. For those that don't know it's basically a contractual stipulation, typically reserved for already extremely highly paid executives, that if they get fired or otherwise lose their job they've basically just won the lottery. Infinite does poorly, 2K feels obligated to show fiscal responsibility to their investors and decides it's time to do away with the studio. They prepare to pay out Levine's lottery winnings while firing the rest - he offers a counter proposal to develop a micro-scale digital-only endeavor to give him an opportunity to prove his commercial viability, and save the jobs of a handful of employees in the process. Both options could potentially even be relatively cost-similar from 2K's perspective, and only one has an opportunity of earning them more monies. They go for it.

No good guys. No bad guys. Just investors with extremely marginal concepts of variance, and a company subject to the whims of their frequently fervent fiscal frustration.

You guys honestly think 2K would let Ken Levine walk?

Why would they ever do that?

It's telling when multi-million selling AAA games (Tomb Raider) are just not cutting it for return of investment for these big publishers. Big budget narrative games are on the rocks as endeavours. Naughty Dog, Rockstar, and Remedy are the few left.
I'm not even trolling but did Tomb Raider do anything better than Uncharted?
I think that's a false comparison, though.

It's like a developers pouring a bunch of money into Driver or True Crime and expecting it to beat GTA.
I'm not saying they're the same games but Uncharted and Tomb Raider at least offer overlapping experiences.

The problem is most of these games are chasing another game's dollar. Battlefield with COD, Saints Row with GTA, Tomb Raider with Uncharted.
None of these games have any rational basis for selling big #s, it's silly to think they would magically cross over. Even Uncharted, which is in many ways a gold standard, doesn't sell that well, all things considered.

It's laying the blame at the wrong thing (AAA games, narrative games) rather than bad business, mismanagement, and poor direction.

The shoe fits with 2K and Irrational on Infinite as well.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
^You've made me curious. Has anyone one Uncharted game sold more than the Tomb Raider reboot? I mean 5 platforms vs. 1... And as a franchise no doubt Tomb Raider has brought in more cash than UC but thats obviously because of the 15 year headstart.

Dire

It's the "job" of a public company to constantly chase higher profits. A person is only as valuable as the money they make the company. I mean Apple, for instance, fired Steve Jobs at one time because he failed to make them buckets of money over a very short period of time, likely solely as a consequence of unpredictable variance. That variance is likely the cause of so many problems in this industry and others. Public companies, or at least their "investors", want predictability. They want the stock to just go straight up. And if something doesn't work out perfectly just once, then something must be done - there must be accountability. Which means something is always "being done" since variance is everywhere and perfection is unattainable.

The long view and labors of love are privileges restricted to private companies. If Valve was public we'd be on Half Life 17 by now. And if it somehow didn't sell as well as 16, Gabe's job would be on the line. What's this Steam shit? A large chunk of gamers circa 2003 don't like its initial release, can it NOW.

Dire

^You've made me curious. Has anyone one Uncharted game sold more than the Tomb Raider reboot? I mean 5 platforms vs. 1... And as a franchise no doubt Tomb Raider has brought in more cash than UC but thats obviously because of the 15 year headstart.

Raw sales, from a corporate perspective, are irrelevant. It's raw sales in relation to the expenditures involved. Comparing the sales of game A to game B is oddly enough apples to oranges in many ways.

Pretty sure all of the Uncharted games have done bigger #s than Tomb Raider 2013 to date and TR is multiplat with a strong brand.

That's essentially my point though.

TR has always been a popular enough game commercially but not done well with critics. Then they jacked the hell out of the budget and it barely made back it's cost. There was no precedent to think they could sell crazy numbers, especially with heavy competition/a game that cannibalizes it's USP.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Is there a reason why he couldn't have just LEFT the team up and running, where they could have just picked new leadership?
Well, someone mentioned Levine's contract on the last page in the other thread.

Is there a reason why he couldn't have just LEFT the team up and running, where they could have just picked new leadership?
The Packers were 5-2 before Aaron Rodgers got injured, then they went 2-4-1 without him.

Point being, the higher you go up the food chain, the typically the more valuable he is to your company.

Tripon

The Packers were 5-2 before Aaron Rodgers got injured, then they went 2-4-1 without him.

Point being, the higher you go up the food chain, the typically the more valuable he is to your company.

The issue is that they had Rod Ferguson for over a year shepherding Bioshock: Infinite with a promise of seemly giving him his own dev team, and license to work on a new IP as he wished.

Instead, they tried to foist Mafia 3 on him, so he jumped to MS to work on more Gears of War games.

Take Two have been running without their heads screwed straight for a while in terms of running their dev units. Its pretty telling that not even Take 2 other devs didn't have first pick of the BI guys. You'd think handling transfers within a company would be a hell of a lot easier than laying off, then rehiring.

People don't want to admit it, but the implosion of Irrational Games due to Bioshock Infinite not hitting COD numbers shows how difficult it is to sustain AAA game development. Take-Two has been bleeding red for a while and they could be closing down Irrational Games and investing in Levine's new smaller studio as a way to move away from committing to the AAA model.

How is it difficult to have a project plan, keep a running tally of costs and weigh them against reasonable projected sales, and make smart, calculated business decisions for your company and brand?

Ugh, stop this, pls.

TyrantII

All you need to know about Tomb Raider is money was put aside for the definitive additions and a sequel was green lit as well. The sales forecast and budget was real, but it also was funny corporate accounting.

TR built a new gen engine from scratch that will be leveraged over the next game, and used by Squenix. To expect the game the recoup engine development and game development both was some wishful thinking that the later action by them have shown to be a bit disingenuous in their "failure". Now a days you either license a third party, or you build a long term investment from scratch. No game spends money to build a one off engine anymore.

Basically they moved GAAP beans around to write it off on the last fiscal year and sent out a story to that effect to legitimize it. Squenix overall seems pretty happy with its reception and they got a costly next gen engine out of the way at the same time.

Dire

How is it difficult to have a project plan, keep a running tally of costs and weigh them against reasonable projected sales, and make smart, calculated business decisions for your company and brand?

Ugh, stop this, pls.

It's absurdly difficult.

How do you project the sales of Destiny? Of the XBox One? Of the PS4?

Even market testing isn't really all that informative. That's something that's been reasonable well established and that the XBox One will likely become a poster child for. Do you think Microsoft didn't focus test the pants off the XBone? It undoubtedly scored incredibly well. Incidentally, modestly incremental products + gimmick tend to score great with focus groups.

This is actually the exact reason companies like Activision/Ubi are starting to simply keep releasing the exact same game over and over with very slight tweaks. They want predictability. Of course even there things start to sway in the wind. When gamers get tired of your product, they really get tired of it. Activision has started simultaneously developing the next 3 Call of Duties. When gamers decide they're sick of paying $60+$20+$10+$15 for the same game every year, that's going to lead to a meltdown of catastrophic proportions.

A-V-B

Some interesting info that's probably relevant to Levine's next project is in this article: http://gotgame.com/2014/02/18/what-is-bioshock-creator-ken-levines-next-project/
He's mentioned an idea he calls "narrative lego", in which an emergent narrative is generated from small pieces of a story, based on player input. Apparently, he's going to speak about this at GDC.

I'm not sure how he means this outside of.. I don't know.. procedurally generated stories? But computers SUCK at telling good stories. They've never been humans, and they've never lived lives. It's going to be sterile because you've programmed it to tell generic stories. So to avoid that, you have to make a bazillion hand-crafted little story bits and then... well, then it's still put together by a computer, isn't it? Then where does the cohesion come from? Is Levine taking his "story as interpretive dance" thing all the way, hoping that a brick-a-brack story generator's holes will always be interpreted as being meaningful?

I'm pretty skeptical about how he's going to do it, short of falling short of his goals, or spending two decades writing an actual artificial intelligence. It just sounds sort of impossible. I wish him luck, though.

Ugh, stop this, pls.

The old saying "if it was easy, everyone would be doing it," comes to mind.

None of this is easy, and even when you have good research, nothing is guaranteed. Look at the Xbone. Do you think that Microsoft doesn't have a bunch of extremely intelligent people doing research on the market for them? How, then, could they have completely misread the market with their initial plans? It's just not as easy as you think.

Things get out of hand, and when you have human "soft" factors in the mix, it makes it increasingly more difficult.

numble

It's the "job" of a public company to constantly chase higher profits. A person is only as valuable as the money they make the company. I mean Apple, for instance, fired Steve Jobs at one time because he failed to make them buckets of money over a very short period of time, likely solely as a consequence of unpredictable variance. That variance is likely the cause of so many problems in this industry and others. Public companies, or at least their "investors", want predictability. They want the stock to just go straight up. And if something doesn't work out perfectly just once, then something must be done - there must be accountability. Which means something is always "being done" since variance is everywhere and perfection is unattainable.

The long view and labors of love are privileges restricted to private companies. If Valve was public we'd be on Half Life 17 by now. And if it somehow didn't sell as well as 16, Gabe's job would be on the line. What's this Steam shit? A large chunk of gamers circa 2003 don't like its initial release, can it NOW.
Steve wasn't the CEO when he left, and he left after a power struggle. He was trying to organize a boardroom coup to kick out Apple's CEO, John Sculley. The board sided with Sculley and removed Jobs as head of the Macintosh division.

NoPiece

I'm not sure how he means this outside of.. I don't know.. procedurally generated stories? But computers SUCK at telling good stories. They've never been humans, and they've never lived lives. It's going to be sterile because you've programmed it to tell generic stories. So to avoid that, you have to make a bazillion hand-crafted little story bits and then... well, then it's still put together by a computer, isn't it? Then where does the cohesion come from? Is Levine taking his "story as interpretive dance" thing all the way, hoping that a brick-a-brack story generator's holes will always be interpreted as being meaningful?

I'm pretty skeptical about how he's going to do it, short of falling short of his goals, or spending two decades writing an actual artificial intelligence. It just sounds sort of impossible. I wish him luck, though.

Computers SUCK at ______________. Insert any word you want into the blank, and it was true at some point. Computers used to suck at drawing triangles, now they are amazing. You have to start somewhere.

Minion101

Banned
WoovFuZ.gif

It's a bit... bad taste, professionally speaking? amateur? to say it now. It's very like:

"Oh guys, this BIG news of today, that everyone is speaking of?? Oh, I actually knew before everyone else since one year ago. I totally could have made a Shocking News if I wanted and be super relevant in games journalism. I just didn't report it because.... uh... reasons".

Yep, it could be true, of course. Most probably, it's true. I'm not saying she is a liar. But at this point, there is no evidence, and she chose to stay silent one year ago, so going now she secretly knew all along... ehh. I don't like it. It's ok she chose to not make a news of it one year ago, but then don't make it now. Too late for it.

It's a bit... bad taste, professionally speaking? amateur? to say it now. It's very like:

"Oh guys, this BIG news of today, that everyone is speaking of?? Oh, I actually knew before everyone else since one year ago. I totally could have made a Shocking News if I wanted and be super relevant in games journalism. I just didn't report it because.... uh... reasons".

Yep, it could be true, of course. Most probably, it's true. I'm not saying she is a liar. But at this point, there is no evidence, and she chose to stay silent one year ago, so going now she secretly knew all along... ehh. I don't like it. It's ok she chose to not make a news of it one year ago, but then don't make it now. Too late for it.

As much as I can't stand Leigh Alexander, she was totally on point with that article. She heard speculation and thats it. We all did. However given the nature of the business, almost any studio could be shut down in a year. This industry isn't known for its stability. If she heard two weeks in advance, then maybe she would have a story.
I took that piece as explaining why many were not surprised Irrational shut down.

Saty

GI.biz did a piece and received a comment from Take2: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-02-19-the-irrational-decision
Update: Following our publication of this piece, GamesIndustry International has now received a new statement from Take-Two: “We've enjoyed a long and productive working relationship with Ken and are thrilled that he is pursuing his new creative endeavor with Take-Two. Given Ken's plans for this exciting new project, Take-Two determined that the best approach for the remaining Irrational Games staff would be to find internal career opportunities for as many as possible, and to provide placement assistance to those who would be leaving our Company
Why are they going to out of their skin not to say 'we closed the studio' in those words? They have no problem 'announcing' they are shutting this or that studio but they are really trying hard with the phrasing this time. Are they afraid of getting fan and media backlash is they had said in plain words 'we are shutting down your beloved AAA studio'? Silly. People who lament this outcome aren't going to be less upset because you put it that way.

jschreier

You're missing the point, I think. Leigh brings up some really interesting (and tough) questions about how much a journalist should share, and whether it's really in the public interest for a company's dirty laundry to be aired. My perspective tends to be "publish everything I know, if it's true," but Leigh's piece made me think a lot about that mentality.

It's absurdly difficult.
The old saying "if it was easy, everyone would be doing it," comes to mind.
I don't disagree that it takes effort and intelligence however Bioshock never sold that well in the first place.
The franchise never had any precedence for high sales judging by the sales of the first two games, even with a fully-grown install base.

Also, yes it's a FPS of sorts, but when has a game that comments on religion, politics, and class structure shown to do well on the open market?

All this to say, anything but a little higher sales was highly speculative of 2K and throwing a ton of money at this game was a fundamentally poor decision.

Do you think that Microsoft doesn't have a bunch of extremely intelligent people doing research on the market for them? How, then, could they have completely misread the market with their initial plans?
I'd be interested in their market research and the conclusions they faced however I think Nintendo and Microsoft both likely rationalized poor data to fit their conclusions to justify/offset R&D costs.

Both probably had good intentions, both for themselves and the market at large, but in the end, yes I would say they made uninformed decisions in some capacity.

Dire

Steve wasn't the CEO when he left, and he left after a power struggle. He was trying to organize a boardroom coup to kick out Apple's CEO, John Sculley. The board sided with Sculley and removed Jobs as head of the Macintosh division.

Here you go. In Sculley's own words:

Jobs' problems with the launch didn't come in a vacuum, Sculley explained. Already, Jobs had overseen a slew of product failures, including the Lisa and the Apple 3, and revenues from the Apple 2 were slowing considerably. The company needed a major new revenue source to get the Macintosh line where it needed to go. Sculley said that the board gave him the power to first ax Jobs as head of the Mac division, and then from the company altogether. And was it the right thing to do?
Sculley said he didn't have the business expertise at the time to fully understand what visionary leadership was. "What would have happened if we hadn't have had that showdown?...I did not have the breadth of experience at that time to really appreciate just how different leadership is when you are shaping an industry," Sculley said, "as Bill Gates did or Steve Jobs did, versus when you're a competitor in an industry, in a public company, where you don't make mistakes because if you lose, you're out."

He himself now bemoans the results oriented decision. Knee jerk results oriented decisions are seemingly just an accepted part of public companies. "If you lose, you're out" sounds sexy but in reality it's absurdly naive. It completely ignores the absolute reality of variance. The world be such a nicer place if reading Fooled by Randomness was required before being allowed to invest in anything or hold any managerial/executive level position.

dxgatt96

Neo Member
I love irrational games. I am based out of Boston and 14 years ago my second interview out of college was with irrational to be their IT person. I even interviewed with Ken at the time. Unfortunately I did not get the job.

Flash forward to a year ago and I get a call from the current IT manager at Irrational wanting to interview me for his position since he was leaving. I have been a gamer my entire life and I follow the industry closely. Working for a game company has always been a dream of mine.

However I am also older now with a family, mortgage and other responsibilities. I know from following the industry how often developer go out of business and I even asked how financially viable the company is should Bioshock Infinite fail to hit it's marks. Long story short I declined to pursue the position.

After hearing the news yesterday of the studio's closing it shows i made the correct decision.

Toparaman

Banned
Crazy news. The Bioshock games were aesthetically gorgeous, ambitious but flawed in other areas. They were also defining games of last gen, for better and for worse. I guess Infinite was just way too expensive.

numble

Here you go. In Sculley's own words:

He himself now bemoans the results oriented decision. Knee jerk results oriented decisions are seemingly just an accepted part of public companies. "If you lose, you're out" sounds sexy but in reality it's absurdly naive. It completely ignores the absolute reality of variance. The world be such a nicer place if reading Fooled by Randomness was required before being allowed to invest in anything or hold any managerial/executive level position.

It was a power clash, the board had to decide to fire either Sculley or Jobs. You can't say that they weren't considering removing Sculley when there's plenty of details about the boardroom coup attempt by Jobs. It was not a knee jerk response to results, it was a response to a power struggle with one of its biggest shareholders.

A-V-B

Computers SUCK at ______________. Insert any word you want into the blank, and it was true at some point. Computers used to suck at drawing triangles, now they are amazing. You have to start somewhere.

Most people suck at telling good stories. And you're asking a computer to create a story all on its own with genuine soul? Because that's what a good story takes. So either you spend a bunch of time creating a soulless machine story, or you spend the rest of your life redefining artificial intelligence, or you hand craft it yourself and cut it up so a machine decides which order things happen in, which is something lots of people have already done and isn't original at all. Maybe the method, but not the concept. And on that last method, Levine's team probably already did the initial work with Elizabeth's environmental interactions. A thousand microscopic clockwork pieces, so to speak.

Dire

It was a power clash, the board had to decide to fire either Sculley or Jobs. You can't say that they weren't considering removing Sculley when there's plenty of details about the boardroom coup attempt by Jobs. It was not a knee jerk response to results, it was a response to a power struggle with one of its biggest shareholders.

The "power clash" was Sculley trying to can Jobs because of short term results. Jobs tried to keep his... job. The board, predictably, sided with Sculley as short term bad results are surely a sign that Jobs just had no clue what he was doing. Again as Sculley himself says now, he didn't really understand what people like Jobs and Gates were about. He was just following the typical and accepted knee-jerk response to results. That quote is from Sculley himself in reference to this exact incident: ".... you don't make mistakes because if you lose, you're out. Incidentally he would also be fired from Apple several years later for poor short term results.

numble

The "power clash" was Sculley trying to can Jobs because of short term results. Jobs tried to keep his... job. The board, predictably, sided with Sculley as short term bad results are surely a sign that Jobs just had no clue what he was doing. Again as Sculley himself says now, he didn't really understand what people like Jobs and Gates were about. He was just following the typical and accepted knee-jerk response to results. That quote is from Sculley himself in reference to this exact incident: ".... you don't make mistakes because if you lose, you're out. Incidentally he would also be fired from Apple several years later for poor short term results.
No, there's plenty of details about the boardroom coup attempt, Sculley even alludes to a showdown. You can keep trying to fit it into a narrative of simply being focused on results, but there's plenty of information out there on this issue, including Jobs arranging a boardroom meeting on Sculley's planned trip to China, and how Jean-Louise told Sculley of Jobs plans so he could cancel his trip and fight off the coup attempt.

Sculley got rid of Jobs because Jobs, a 15% shareholder and chairman of the board, was trying to get rid of him.

Sculley likes to say many different things in hindsight, here's another, which indicates it was about a power struggle:

Sculley says he accepts responsibility for his role but also believes that Apple’s board should have understood that Jobs needed to be in charge. “My sense is that it probably would never have broken down between Steve and me if we had figured out different roles,” Sculley says. “Maybe he should have been the CEO and I should have been the president. It should have been worked out ahead of time, and that’s one of those things you look to a really good board to do.”

“Maybe he should have been the CEO,” says Sculley, “and I should have been the president.”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/06/06/why-i-fired-steve-jobs.html

I was really excited for Bioshock Infinite. I loved BioShock I so much, that I went on a media blackout for BI. After a strong start, the game just fell apart as you start to approach the commstock tower. I even bought the $20 season pass after being blown away by the intro and never even downloaded Burial @ Sea.

I guess they just wasted too much time developing BI and 2K got fed up with them

-BLITZ-

Woah, I didn't thought of this in millions years. Not a single day of my life, at least not this early if I take this more serious. Unexpected.

I wish all by best & luck to all of them, to the entire team, staff, studio, and I hope they will pass over this well.

Top Bottom