• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is a 6 a good score?

FeralEcho

If I ever got a 5 in school I was sure less than "ok" in the teacher's eyes so no...that graph sucks ass,anything bellow a 6 is garbage material with a 6 being mediocre as fuck,7 is a good game,8 great,9 amazing and 10 is a masterpiece.

The reason we rarely see scores below 7 is that gaming is pretty great in general and there are alot of systems to take into account when reviewing a game,like maybe the story is a 4/10 but if the gameplay is addicting enough it could end up as a 7/10 game in the end,its not like with movies where if the story sucks or isnt engaging that's kind of it....but then again I wouldn't trust reviewers these days if my life depended on it.

People need to start trusting their own eyes and tastes more than what some guy on the internet said about a game you have interest in.

There are plenty of 5 or 6/10 games that I love and some 9/10 games that I despise. So trust in your own instincts,they usually are right.

Don't really put much stock in review scores myself. You'll be missing out on some of the better games out there by tying your buying habits to someone else's opinion whittled down to a number.

King Dazzar

The only scores I usually trust are consistently bad ones. And usually 6 indicates its bad. The hard part for me, comes when scores are 8's to 10's, as the game might actually be good. But always requires investigation.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Alan Wake 2 must be terrible because Forespoken is a hard 6/10.

I am playing Rebirth now and the only thing Forspoken does better is movement on the map. It pales in just about every other way.
Wait until you get further. Rebirth is a bloated chore

TrollFAQs

Neo Member
200w.gif
indecisive-i-dont-know.gif

Top Bottom