• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it "The Coast is Clear" or "The Ghost is Clear"?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is it "check mate" or "chess mate"?

as in "hey you lost, its chess mate"

:3

If you're from the east coast of Canada those words are both pronounced "ghost". So if you are from there I dont blame you OP.

Rolling over in his grave

Stupid+People.jpg

J/K OP

Branduil

For all intensive purpoises, misundermannings like this are a diamond dozen. You might feel in bare-assed when you put your foot in your mouse like that, but you miss every shot you donate. Just put your game paste on and try your best to display courage in the face of diversity. And everyone else should remember the famous saying, "He who is without spin, pass the first bone." In mother words, people in glass spouses shouldn't grow tones.

Shauni

I absolutely refuse to believe you ever thought this phrase was 'the ghost is clear.' What shit are you trying to pull, OP?

Mortemis

Banned
It's ok OP, I used to say "for all intents and purposes" until I found out the correct phrase is "for all intensive purposes".

Top Bottom