• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is LA GAF OK? It's raining....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
...super hard. I hate this wind + rain combination, feel like my house is going to break in half. It's suposed to rain all week. :(

I want my sun back.

Phreak47

A little south of there, but yes, it's here now too. This will probably be the worst day because of wind and thunder.

shut up. people in CA should never bitch about the weather. Earthquakes? Celebrities? Fine. But shut up unless you have to deal with all of mother nature's moods during the year.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Teh Hamburglar said:
shut up. people in CA should never bitch about the weather. Earthquakes? Celebrities? Fine. But shut up unless you have to deal with all of mother nature's moods during the year.

:lol exactly. i saw the title and laughed.

Alucrid

Banned
Teh Hamburglar said:

Yeah, after freezing my ass of in the morning and night, then having winds + rain for the past few days I finally have some sunshine! OH MY GOD IT'S 50 DEGREES F. I need to hurry and get this paper done and enjoy it while it lasts.

bluemax

Banned
I rode my bike to work today in Marina Del Rey. The wind made it slow going but I can't complain.

Then again I'm from Washington originally so the rain is no big deal.

Teh Hamburglar said:
Teh Hamburglar
Allergic to weather
(Today, 11:38 AM)
Reply | Quote

i for one welcome the change. although californians dont know how to drive in wet weather.

Phreak47

Teh Hamburglar said:

Not bitching about it, I'm always glad to get the rain. I've lived in snowy mountains, so yeah I know.

Still, today is not a great day to be out in SoCal, if you can help it. A lot of that has to do with the fact that people don't have a clue how to drive in any kind of weather around here.

desh

After all this rain, gonna try and go skiing at the end of the week. Should be some good snowfall in the mountains.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I'm in studio city and it aint no thang. I come from the land of tornado's and little snow, nashville! I also lived in Orlando for two years. Now there's some rain.

I don't feel like driving at all today though because everyone freaks the hell out in the rain. Ugh.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Ok guys, don't worry about me, I'm fine, the rain seems to be passing. Sucks I have to go to school tomorrow.

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
Fidelis Hodie said:
I'm in studio city and it aint no thang. I come from the land of tornado's and little snow, nashville! I also lived in Orlando for two years. Now there's some rain.

I don't feel like driving at all today though because everyone freaks the hell out in the rain. Ugh.

Now that's just weird. I too originally hail from Nashville. I too lived in Orlando for two years. I too am now in LA (Koreatown) and I too am avoiding driving anywhere today! Doppleganger! Doppleganger!

It's not the rain that bothers me, it is this damn wind! My whole apartment sounds like it is going to be blown away... things creaking, rain hitting the window, and every time there is a big gust, the water in my toilet even moves around. Hold me!

The Lamonster said:
wow you guys are being babies about RAIN :lol
Expect about 200,000 traffic accidents within the next 30 minutes. Southern Californians are idiots when it comes to driving in the weather. It's gonna look like a war zone on the freeways, watch.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
elrechazao said:
Southern California practically shuts down with weather. 1/8th of an inch of rain? 80 CAR PILEUP ON THE 405. Oh the humanity!
Yep, at least it rains with some regularity up north.

NorCal is superior yet again.

Its actually quite pleasant for January here in DC. Sun is out and its got to be in the mid/upper 40s if not the low 50s. Damn nice.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Teh Hamburglar said:
Its actually quite pleasant for January here in DC. Sun is out and its got to be in the mid/upper 40s if not the low 50s. Damn nice.
Hell yes it is. Woke up with a big ass smile on my face when I looked outside. Let's just hope it stays that way.

Daheza

So im driving down the street with my roommate and its raining. I jokingly say we should drift. He then pulls of the Ebrake on my car and the back tires locked up. I, then being the cali driver I am, slam on the brakes and we do a full 180 degree spin across three lanes and end up staring at drivers coming towards us... No more rain in cali plz.

Smokey

lolol at this thread

try having to worry about the cold, hurricanes in the summer/fall, and tornadoes in the spring and unbearable heat for 3 months every year

kado what is wrong w/ your people out there

XiaNaphryz

Smokey said:
lolol at this thread

try having to worry about the cold, hurricanes in the summer/fall, and tornadoes in the spring and shit

Just typical SoCal folks overreacting again.

Up in NorCal we only start complaining when it rains hard enough to start flooding areas.

Lkr

I used to act like this when I lived in SoCal. I was terrified of lightning at one point. I thought it would kill me:lol

Teh Hamburglar said:

Well we are gonna bitch. We CA people don't deserve this. Cause we have to deal with Earthquakes and Crazy Celebs. :lol

XiaNaphryz

SnakeSlashRO said:
Well we are gonna bitch. We CA people don't deserve this. Cause we have to deal with Earthquakes and Crazy Celebs. :lol
Hey now, don't go lumping us with the rest of the SoCal freaks!

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Len Dontree said:
Now that's just weird. I too originally hail from Nashville. I too lived in Orlando for two years. I too am now in LA (Koreatown) and I too am avoiding driving anywhere today! Doppleganger! Doppleganger!

Wat.

That's awesome. What do you do now? Were you in Orlando for Full Sail? Were in Nash are you from?

holding up just fine here in the central valley, Fresno is getting some decent rain that is keeping me cooped up in my house......and nothing is on TV :(

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Dark Octave said:
Expect about 200,000 traffic accidents within the next 30 minutes. Southern Californians are idiots when it comes to driving in the weather. It's gonna look like a war zone on the freeways, watch.

Strange when so many people who live there weren't born there.

MojoRisin

It's 42 degrees in New Jersey and people are treating it like it's 75 degrees outside, as am I. Going to strap on my blades and go play hockey and enjoy this until it's 27 degrees as a high again.

Smokey said:
lolol at this thread

try having to worry about the cold, hurricanes in the summer/fall, and tornadoes in the spring and unbearable heat for 3 months every year

prick. :lol
i was watching the news last night. they mentioned something like 5 consecutive storms right after another. And "Biggest storm in the past 15yrs"
and then i went "omg, oh noes!"
XiaNaphryz said:
Just typical SoCal folks overreacting again.

Up in NorCal we only start complaining when it rains hard enough to start flooding areas.
its cool, we take all your waters. nom nom nom.

bjork

ciD_Vain said:
The rain is great! We should be happy it's raining here as it hardly ever rains. Also, Maui weather's the best.

fixed for accuracy. About 3 months from now it's gonna be hot and miserable as shit in So Cal.

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
Fidelis Hodie said:
Wat.

That's awesome. What do you do now? Were you in Orlando for Full Sail? Were in Nash are you from?

Ha, I grew up off White Bridge Rd near Nashville Tech. Out here animinatin' for the past several years, freelance for the time being.

I actually miss rain and thunderstorms and seasons, so it's nice when we get a good stretch of weather here in SoCal. Though I don't mind being so spoiled too much, when it was in the 20's and 30's back in Tennessee a couple of weeks ago I was going on hikes in the 75 degree sunshine.

But driving in this city is tiresome enough as it is, when there's rain it gets exponentially worse. That and all the denuded hills from the Station Fire are in danger of collapsing.

Flynn

The first year I moved to LA was an El Nino year and the windows in my apartment weren't up to the rain. Tons of sideways rain came right through the cracks between the two windows -- it was kind of crazy.

By the same token my windshield wipers had gotten all crispy and useless. The first thing after eight months of perfect weather. The first thing I had to do was go buy a new pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom