• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is "leaving the toilet seat up" actually a problem for women?

It's easier to put the seat down then it is to put it up. Gravity does all the work. Be thankful you have a seat when there are seatless children out there in the world.

Raonak

Banned
It's a really dumb cultural norm.

Is it really so hard for woman to check that the seat is down before peeing? That's like if a guy pissed all over the seat because he didn't realise it was down.

You're the one using the bathroom, it's your responsibility to tailor your experience when u use it.

Or how bout you get a toilet that automatically puts the seat down after flushing?

san00ake

I'm very tall (1.86 m) so it's very hard not to spray all over while standing, especially when living in a country made for smaller people like Japan, so I've been peeing sitting down for decades now, but I remember people in junior high making fun of me saying that it was effeminate...

corin7

Neo Member
I am a man and it pisses me off. I often sit to take care of business, less mess, can catch up on twitter etc.

My GF moans when I leave it up.
Her argument is that she has to touch the seat which has germs on it.
My counter is that I have to do the same.
Stalemate detected.
I just put it back down for an easy life.

To the people who complain the seat has germs on it and therefore do not want to touch it, are you washing your hands? If so then why.

It's hard to explain but there's something about a toilet seat being up that feels rude or messy to me? Like I feel most people would put the seats down if they had company over.

It's an issue. I've been told all my life to put the toilet seat down. Till this day, I still don't understand it. Why not look before you sit? Guys do that.

It's a matter of courtesy.

If you live with a m'lady/ladies, you put the seat down. None of the girls I've ever lived with complained it was about the germs/having to touch it. Just: you put it up to use the toilet, you put it back down.

I thought this was obvious to everyone.

Futureman

If it was an all girls house the seat would never move. That's why as a guy you put it back down if you put it up to pee. Pretty straight forward in my head. Not sure why people are complicating this.

Public restroom I just pee on the wall if I have to. Touching as little as possible.

Top Bottom