• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is now the best time to buy SSDs?

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Some Samsung fabs are supposedly cutting back expansion plans, to try to stop the price of their SSDs dropping to the point that it becomes less than profitable, but right now seems kind of like, or on the cusp of, a "sweet spot" for buying SSDs.

I noticed that 512GB-class budget SATA SSDs are dropping BELOW $50, soon to approach $40? For a 512GB SSD, that's not too shabby. It wasn't so long ago that 120GB SSD were that price.

I reckon Black Friday will be the best opportunity to scoop up some drives at a good price, before prices start to skyrocket.

Last edited:

YCoCg

About two months ago was the best time, prices have been creeping back up since then but still much cheaper than they used to be.

Should be some decent prices come Black Friday.

Keeping an eye on possibly doubling my ps5 to a 2tb ssd. based on this years prices. 4 might be on for about £100 ish next year 🤞

I hear that some oems are looking to constrict their manufacturing output to steady or increase prices 😬

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Storage prices are super low these days so I'd definitely go ahead and grab something if you want to upgrade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom