• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Rockstar the best in world building/design?

Yes of course....

*Plays Yakuza 4*

Well they are second best at least

I think Rockstar could absolutely be the best though if they shrank their scale....a GTA-like game with a 1/4 of the map size and same budget could be amazing

Why on earth would you want it smaller? GTA 5 seemed to hit the sweet spot in terms of size. You had the city, the mountains, the sea areas, etc. They're all big enough to explore but the space isn't wasted. I think that's a REALLY important point and one that they aren't getting enough credit for.

sn00zer

Why on earth would you want it smaller? GTA 5 seemed to hit the sweet spot in terms of size. You had the city, the mountains, the sea areas, etc. They're all big enough to explore but the space isn't wasted. I think that's a REALLY important point and one that they aren't getting enough credit for.

I meant GTA-like, not GTA..... a more on foot focused game...I agree GTAV was a perfect size

I would have to agree, but I really like San Andreas for the beach that I just liked exploring the sheer space, especially just hanging out in all those country towns and such. I will admit, there were points in the game where it would become annoying to complete a mission and then have to go back somewhere to save or drive all the way across the map to do another mission.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'd say bioware has stepped up the competition with Inquisition. That is some of the best level/area/world design ever. So much that it overshadows the rest of the game.

Auctopus

So... real life without masks?

Jaden-Smith-CNO-006239.jpg

I still can't believe how realistic the lighting is in GTA V. It's incredible that they nailed the lighting even on last gen.

GTA V is using some pretty advanced ambient lighting which makes overcast days look incredible.

Also, when you go under a bridge, you can see the indirect shadow of it on the street below even when the whole scene is in an area that isn't directly in the sun.

Top Bottom