• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS fighters are on meth, claims captured ISIS militant - Connection to Saudi Prince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the west please boycott Saudi Arabia and stop doing business with them ?

youre_serious_futurama.gif

Holy shit if the west did this it would collapse overnight.

You misunderstand. The west would collapse. The Saudis have a few years of budget in reserve. This is why they can fuck Russia and Iran on oil prices.

lenos16

The news part is Saudis are funding this.

Nobody is surprised that rich Saudi individuals are funding DAESH or any other extremist groups. The house of Saud is also fucking huge, making the involvement of Saudi royalty most likely in these scenarios.

The real test of sabre-rattling from US politicians about stopping ISIS will be if they put any pressure on Saudi.

"But my profits," the oil companies protested...

Iorv3th

You misunderstand. The west would collapse. The Saudis have a few years of budget in reserve. This is why they can fuck Russia and Iran on oil prices.

They have been fucking with oil prices. I know it has hurt the Texas economy quite a bit.

But even if they said it was saudi arabia, unless they are caught directly in the act nobody will act on it. Same as 9/11.

The real test of sabre-rattling from US politicians about stopping ISIS will be if they put any pressure on Saudi.

They are already in the shitter. Oil industry in the US is pretty much at a halt right now.

Bowdz

Having just read Peter Zeihan's The Accidental Superpower (which is a fucking amazing book btw), I cannot wait until we deem the ME to be too much of a cost expenditure and stop protecting their shipping lanes. The Saudi's have such shitty geography/demographics and have done more to harm American interests in the region than nearly any other country. At some point, the chickens will come home to roost and when they do, I hope we sit out any response.

Oersted

Not the oil companies. The weapon manufacturers. USA just approved to sell bombs worth 1.29 billion dollars to the Saudis.

Finnish army has speed as well.

I'm willing to bet that every army in the world has speed somewhere stacked away. Speed keeps soldiers alert, awake and highly pumped up, even superhuman-like. It also reduces the feeling of hunger and other mundane emotions. It basically makes the soldiers highly attentive robots whom you don't need to feed. Mindless killing machines.

War is hell.

LayLa

During WWI Harrods of London sold a gift set that people could send to their friends and relatives fighting on the front line. It included morphine, cocaine, syringes and needles and was called "A Welcome Present for Friends at the Front".

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
During WWI Harrods of London sold a gift set that people could send to their friends and relatives fighting on the front line. It included morphine, cocaine, syringes and needles and was called "A Welcome Present for Friends at the Front".

Haha interesting. Maybe people were trading cocaine for socks.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I'm sure this is gonna come off dark and crummy and evil and therefore not something a country would outwardly do but...

Shouldn't the U.S. just manufacture a metric fuckton of these pills at like 10x or 20x the dosage in the same looking pill and let the CIA sell em on the black market?

Lots of overdosed IS idiots behind sandbags in a few weeks.

ColdPizza

Banned
The US and its allies should just flood their supply with tainted meth so they become ill or something.

edit: wow, beaten above

The US would be fine. We don't even buy oil from Saudi Arabia anymore. And we have more than enough oil reserves on our own soil to last us for at least the next fifty years. Maybe more if new deposits are found or we start replacing oil power plants with nuclear or other alternative energy.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'm sure this is gonna come off dark and crummy and evil and therefore not something a country would outwardly do but...

Shouldn't the U.S. just manufacture a metric fuckton of these pills at like 10x or 20x the dosage in the same looking pill and let the CIA sell em on the black market?

Lots of overdosed IS idiots behind sandbags in a few weeks.

this is so nefarious and depraved that i'm sure it's been considered by actual intelligence agencies

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
So let me get this straight. They kill civilians whom Muhammed many times stated were not to be harmed in war. They commit suicide which is against Islam, and they get drugged up which also against Islam.

Muhammed said:
O people! I charge you with ten rules; learn them well! Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save for your food. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_military_jurisprudence

How is this open to interpretation?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I thought being high was pretty much a requirement for any soldier being deployed somewhere in the world

Sulik2

Can the west please boycott Saudi Arabia and stop doing business with them ?

Nope. Oil is literally running the developed world. The only thing the west could actually do is conquer Saudi and keep the oil flowing or get themselves off oil. SA has the west completely in hand due to oil dependency. On the other hand, if you invade SA and mess with oil distribution you would tick off Russia/China and ignite WWIII.

US air force pilots have also been reported of taking them. They call them 'up and go pills' or something to that effect.

Also crediting the craziness of IS to some pills is incredibly lacking of any general idea about IS
You're thinking of Ritalin, and is been in use since WWII. all militaries the world over have a vested interest in keeping their troops awake as long as possible, what varies is the willingness to impact the mental state in such a way to severely impact judgement.

raphier

Banned
You're thinking of Ritalin, and is been in use since WWII. all militaries the world over have a vested interest in keeping their troops awake as long as possible, what varies is the willingness to impact the mental state in such a way to severely impact judgement.

NO it wasn't. It was synthesized in 1944 and identified on 1954 a year too late. More like post 1970-80. People used to be disqualified for Ritalin use. WWII they used speed, cocaine and amphetamine.

I was thinking about this when the news hit about the big captagon haul from the Saudi prince; surely IS must use this to be able to carry out stuff like beheading, executing and torturing civilians.
I think most of them have to numb themselves to do this without suffering heavy mental repercussions. You can brainwash ppl to do stuff, but deep down the mind registers that this stuff is just wrong.
Setting this to next to the US drone operators who have to numb themselves with drugs and alcohol as well, makes me realise in what incredibly sad state of a 'war' we're in.

NewGame

Banned
If you knew you had a pretty good chance of dying any day now, wouldn't you take some drugs if they made you feel better?

Pretty much. In the case of war think of it like the Olympics, except the only sport is killing and the victor is whoever is still alive after the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom