• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italia GAF |OT| La terra dei cachi

Rikkun

testarolicut

Minchia i testaroli, li ho assaggiati a san valentino con zola e granella di nocciole e son buoni da dio, volevo morire.

(Ate testaroli a couple of days ago and they're superb, with gorgonzola and hazelnut)

Also representing for Pavia, kinda small city near Milan (fuck Milan)

%5Cpublic%5Callpage%5Cponte_coperto_pavia1%20(1).jpg

pavia.jpg

Not the best pics but ehhh, google sucks.

Aaaaalso.. just to contribute.

del-piero10.jpg

28e9caee2d4d2d6433ff9c33354136af.jpg

alessandro-nesta.jpg

timthumb.php

benedetto_xvi_italia_2006_getty.jpg

Tried not to make it too J-oriented. Totti was already posted in the first page too.
You can also play "spot the intruder"

PS: wait. Exply sei di Pavia o ci studi? lol.
PPS: Ok nothing, I read everything now.. I also remember your username from another forum (the shittiest you can find on the internet I guess)

Exply

Neo Member
PS: wait. Exply sei di Pavia o ci studi? lol.
PPS: Ok nothing, I read everything now.. I also remember your username from another forum (the shittiest you can find on the internet I guess)

Which one?
Internet is full of shitty places.

Tu vivi a Pavia?
E la seconda immagine che sarebbe? Riconosco la facciata della chiesa in primo piano, ma quello strano campanile non l'ho mai visto, lol.

Rikkun

Which one?
Internet is full of shitty places.

Tu vivi a Pavia?
E la seconda immagine che sarebbe? Riconosco la facciata della chiesa in primo piano, ma quello strano campanile non l'ho mai visto, lol.

GamesVillage.

La seconda in realtà è la Certosa, che non è a Pavia, ma era una delle poche immagini decenti.
E sì, vivo in uno dei paesi limitrofissimi.

(Second pic is actually the Certosa, which is not in Pavia, but it was one of the few decent pics I found. And yeah, I live really near the city)

Ironmask

Even if English is the language of the artists, Italian singers created a lot of masterpieces, unknown to the foreigners

Fabrizio de André - Il pescatore

All'ombra dell'ultimo sole
s'era assopito un pescatore
e aveva un solco lungo il viso
come una specie di sorriso.

Venne alla spiaggia un assassino
due occhi grandi da bambino
due occhi enormi di paura
eran gli specchi di un'avventura.

E chiese al vecchio dammi il pane
ho poco tempo e troppa fame
e chiese al vecchio dammi il vino
ho sete e sono un assassino.

Gli occhi dischiuse il vecchio al giorno
non si guardò neppure intorno
ma versò il vino, spezzò il pane
per chi diceva ho sete e ho fame.

E fu il calore d'un momento
poi via di nuovo verso il vento
davanti agli occhi ancora il sole
dietro alle spalle un pescatore.

Dietro alle spalle un pescatore
e la memoria è già dolore
è già il rimpianto d'un aprile
giocato all'ombra di un cortile.

Vennero in sella due gendarmi
vennero in sella con le armi
chiesero al vecchio se lì vicino
fosse passato un assassino.

Ma all'ombra dell'ultimo sole
s'era assopito il pescatore
come una specie di sorriso
come una specie di sorriso.

Lucio Battisti - Emozioni
Seguir con gli occhi un airone sopra il fiume e poi
ritrovarsi a volare
e sdraiarsi felice sopra l'erba ad ascoltare
un sottile dispiacere
E di notte passare con lo sguardo la collina per scoprire
dove il sole va a dormire
Domandarsi perche' quando cade la tristezza
in fondo al cuore
come la neve non fa rumore
e guidare come un pazzo a fari spenti nella notte
per vedere
se poi e' tanto difficile morire
E stringere le mani per fermare
qualcosa che
e' dentro me
ma nella mente tua non c'e'
Capire tu non puoi
tu chiamale se vuoi
emozioni
tu chiamale se vuoi
emozioni
Uscir dalla brughiera di mattina
dove non si vede ad un passo
per ritrovar se stesso
Parlar del piu' e del meno con un pescatore
per ore ed ore
per non sentir che dentro qualcosa muore
E ricoprir di terra una piantina verde
sperando possa
nascere un giorno una rosa rossa
E prendere a pugni un uomo solo
perche' e' stato un po' scortese
sapendo che quel che brucia non son le offese
e chiudere gli occhi per fermare
qualcosa che
e' dentro me
ma nella mente tua non c'e'
Capire tu non puoi
tu chiamale se vuoi
emozioni
tu chiamale se vuoi
emozioni

feel free to post your favourites

GamesVillage.

La seconda in realtà è la Certosa, che non è a Pavia, ma era una delle poche immagini decenti.

(Second pic is actually the Certosa, which is not in Pavia, but it was one of the few decent pics I found. And yeah, I live really near the city)

Alright, I have to ask now: how many Italian GAFfers are from GamesVillage/GamesRadar?

neos

From my G+ feeds:

The Castle of Valentino (Castello del Valentino) in Turin - Piedmont
The noble building is dedicated to Valentina Balbiano di Chieri, the wife of the president of the Parliament, established by Francis I in the 16th century, who resided there during the French occupation. Subsequently, as of 1630, the castle became the residence of Christine of France. The three main features are: the atrium with columns, the side pavilions at the back, the side terraces and the paths. The apartments on the first floor feature rich decorations by Swiss masters: the Hall of Honour, the Rose Room, the Valentino, Flower, Hunting and Feast Rooms, and all the others. According to a popular legend regarding the castle, the Lady got rid of her lovers through trapdoors connected to the dungeons, whereas another says that the palace was joined to another construction, the "Vigna di Madama Reale", used for amorous encounters. From the French Revolution up to the Restoration the building was restructured several times, and became a school of Engineering in 1860. Today the Castle houses the Faculty of Architecture of the Turin Polytechnic School.
Discover Turin and the Savoy Residences on Italia.it: http://goo.gl/DX7CV
CGAcbPq.jpg

Never heard\saw anything about this before, i find it incredbly beautiful.

The Castle of Valentino is beautiful, my mom went there and was absolutely speechless. And I actually walked past it last year on my way to class, without even going inside you could tell that it was an amazing place.

Turin is actually full of great spots: the Mole Antonelliana, Piazza Castello, Accademia Albertina and so on. Too bad they let themselves go in the last few years.
I'm from tgmonline and I moderated the comments for the gamesvillage main site when it opened up, does it still count? :D
Still counts :D

However, TGM :'( It was a great magazine years ago, not sure how it is today.

Somax

Still counts :D

However, TGM :'( It was a great magazine years ago, not sure how it is today.

I think it's shifting focus from reviews/previews to dossiers on random aspects of gaming, retrospectives and some other things. It's a shade of its former glory, but at least it survived GMC after losing the monthly free game...
Quite an odd outcome, we thought it was going to die in a year, but it still alive nonetheless. :D

I want to think that it is still a great magazine, but it's my fault on not reading it because the internet
Yep, same here. Just like with Giochi per il Mio Computer (although it got really bad in his last 2-3 years). Stopped caring about magazines after the internet happened.

I think it's shifting focus from reviews/previews to dossiers on random aspects of gaming, retrospectives and some other things. It's a shade of its former glory, but at least it survived GMC after losing the monthly free game...
Quite an odd outcome, we thought it was going to die in a year, but it still alive nonetheless. :D
Uh, I guess I'll grab a copy if I find it.

Exply

Neo Member
GamesVillage.

Lol, I thought it was a church here in Pavia (I don't remember its name, though), they look very similar.
Anyway, Certosa di Pavia looks a nice place; I've never been there.
Merita una piccola scampagnata?

All hail Gheimsvillage.

Rikkun

Alright, I have to ask now: how many Italian GAFfers are from GamesVillage/GamesRadar?
A lot, some of them even use the same username, so it's kinda easy to spot 'em, lol.
From my G+ feeds:

Never heard\saw anything about this before, i find it incredbly beautiful.
There are A LOT of magnificent things in Italy, we could live on tourists' money if we were smarter.

Lol, I thought it was a church here in Pavia (I don't remember its name, though), they look very similar.
Anyway, Certosa di Pavia looks a nice place; I've never been there.
Merita una piccola scampagnata?

All hail Gheimsvillage.

Yeah it's cool.. they should take care more and fix it, but I haven't seen it in years.

Also since I'm here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncuu3Sy3Gwk
The Duomo reopened two months ago (IIRC), 23 years after the near tower fell.
I can't find a good picture but this video gives the idea.

I could eat that in less than a minute, where are the american-sized junk food when you need it?!?

Nowhere to be found... also I'm on a diet, I can manage an exception every once in a while but it's better not get carried away :p

I feel like I didn't do that great on my Italian exam :/

Probably because I'm a bit tired and stiff...

Oh that's too bad :/
Whenever you want to ask something feel free to drop here!

Somax

Did not see it, got back home too late and I didn't want to turn on the pc after midnight just for this.

The reactions here and on other italian places I follow are... quite distinct. I think I need the snacks now more than before :D

Rikkun

fanculo, hai ragione.

If he doesn't win at these elections, he will at the inevitable second round after the left coalition crashes and burns.

No country for young men

It that happens we might see a MASSIVE evacuation towards northern Europe.

Ironmask

so Tiziana won Masterchef Italia

masterchef-2-finale-vince-tiziana-avvocato.jpg

for the foreigners, she went on all the episodes cheating, lying and making compliments to the judges (presenting their own recipes...) (she's not bad at cooking of course)

i don't usually care about tv, but seeing even on a tv show what we have to deal with irl makes me rage so much

Troll

Banned

for the foreigners, she went on all the episodes cheating, lying and making compliments to the judges (presenting their own recipes...) (she's not bad at cooking of course)

i don't usually care about tv, but seeing even on a tv show what we have to deal with irl makes me rage so much

How so?

Ironmask

for cheating, she modified his dish after the time was over

for lying, she first won a match, getting the perks of having the actual recipe of the next match. Then she let the other think she was frying the shrimps but when no one noticed, she put the real dish in the oven (difficult to explain)

The line about "cooking is Made by the dishes not the ideas" was redicolous, how the hell someone came up with the recipes of the called "dishes"? With experimentation, trial&error, they just liked the happy family picture for the ending.

Ironmask

Tomorrow is the big day, does everyone have their tessera elettorale (voter card) ready?

Here in Bologna is snowy as fuck, hope to vote monday after work if the bus let me do it. At least i hope that the bad weather will keep the older people at home (or falling on ice while going to vote) since the "rincoglioniti di Rete 4" is the demographic population of Berlusconi

The big day is upon us, and the major Italian newspapers are talking about the pope in the headlines....
I can't seriously believe this...

Italy is at a huge risk of suffering years of serious political instablity or even worse, and they focus on the pope...

The elections really annihilated us, huh? Let's talk about some good wines:

301203.jpg

It's a sweet, sweet nectar. I love Aleatico wines.

Ironmask

Brunello di Montalcino is my favourite red wine, its taste is rich, powerful and not too much alcoholic. I enjoy drinking it alone or with a big piece of meat properly salted mmmmmhh

Brunello-di-Montalcino.jpg

Ironmask

how about our comics? Never been a fan of the Bonelli comics, but as long as it lasted (my sister teenager years, coinciding with my 6-10 years) i stole and enjoyed reading her Lupo Alberto, Comix and Cuore.
then i went to read mangas and now american comics, maybe when i'll be old/boring enough i'll enjoy reading french comics and those Skorpio comics from Argentina.

y1pA2nvo8F8MCPPyW-IUU6QwmTRGPL1JYJy2IL4AnyodupC8V2UkCZpMuTuXVTJsnJMnvXs-MAVd_M

image003.jpg

Can one of you hot-blooded Italian gents guide me with picking the best option for a prepaid data SIM? A couple of years ago in Venice, I got an amazing deal, like 3 GB for 5 euros or something like that. It was with Trei.

I can't decipher the Google Translated version of www.trei.it

Can you tell me if that plan still exists, and maybe even help me activate it over the Internet for a SIM card I already have in my possession? Thanks so much. This is for a friend that's leaving on a trip there on the 25th of this month.

Ironmask

Can one of you hot-blooded Italian gents guide me with picking the best option for a prepaid data SIM? A couple of years ago in Venice, I got an amazing deal, like 3 GB for 5 euros or something like that. It was with Trei.

I can't decipher the Google Translated version of www.trei.it

Can you tell me if that plan still exists, and maybe even help me activate it over the Internet for a SIM card I already have in my possession? Thanks so much. This is for a friend that's leaving on a trip there on the 25th of this month.

after some time the internet option is disabled if it can't find enough funds on the sim.
What you're talking about is still available but it's only for micro-sim a.k.a. ipad/iphone.

http://www.tre.it/promozioni/internet-mobile/ricaricabile-per-ipad

the better all around sim option is this

http://www.tre.it/opzioni/internet-con-chiavetta/superweb-100

it's 15€ at month for 100 hours of navigation. The good thing is that they count for seconds of connection, so you just need to not forget open your connection

Buon giorno, Italia GAF.

Can you guys recommend me some good Italian tech blogs that cover tech in general, like The Verge and Engadget?

alazz

Morning! Would someone be so kind as to help me with this:
Io li conosco! Sono stati soli Enzo e tuo papà lì? (è che Maria chi ha ballato con tuo papà?) E tuo papà ha parlato troppo velocemente; non l'ho capito... Venite in California!

Does this sound good? Particularly, the last sentence; is it fine to say that in present tense? I'm trying to communicate with a cousin who sent me a local news segment with some of my family in it. He understands English but doesn't speak much, but I'd like to write to him in Italian since I can (hopefully heh).

I enjoy drinking it alone or with a big piece of meat properly salted mmmmmhh
Montalcino.jpg[/IMG]

Now I remember why I don't frequent Italia Gaf. Between the video my cousin sent and your post I'm starving. :D
I want to go back. My parents and my brother and sister-in-law are, but while I'm in school. :(

UrbanRats

Morning! Would someone be so kind as to help me with this:
Io li conosco! Sono stati soli Enzo e tuo papà lì? (è che Maria chi ha ballato con tuo papà?) E tuo papà ha parlato troppo velocemente; non l'ho capito... Venite in California!

Does this sound good? Particularly, the last sentence; is it fine to say that in present tense? I'm trying to communicate with a cousin who sent me a local news segment with some of my family in it. He understands English but doesn't speak much, but I'd like to write to him in Italian since I can (hopefully heh).

Now I remember why I don't frequent Italia Gaf. Between the video my cousin sent and your post I'm starving. :D
I want to go back. My parents and my brother and sister-in-law are, but while I'm in school. :(

"Morning! Would someone be so kind as to help me with this:
Io li conosco! Sono stati soli Enzo e tuo papà lì? (è che Maria chi ha ballato con tuo papà?) E tuo papà ha parlato troppo velocemente; non l'ho capito... Venite in California!"

The bolded part is pretty clear (and it looks correct to me), his father talked too fast and you could not understand him, then you prompt them to come to California.
I'd use "padre" instead of "papà", but i guess you want to be more informal. :p

The non bolded part is less clear; i'd need to know the context, to tell you how to put it.
Can you write it in English?

So far i'd translate it as:
"I know them! Have Enzo and your father been there, alone? (Is Maria the one who danced with your dad?)"

This is how i'd interpret it, but not how it translates correctly, mind you.

Top Bottom