• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It'll take $2100 or 4500+ hours to unlock everything in Battlefront II

LOLCats

Banned
wow. So I didn't play the MP only first BF.

Are these characters only for Multi-Player? Or can you play these characters in single player version?

I don't even know if "nickel and dime" is the right term for all these things anymore.

Seems egregious.

st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1.jpg

royox

People expent all day 2 days ago saying you needed +40 hours to unlock vader while others were getting the 60.000 credits and unlocked him in less than 10 hours so I say NO, I won't believe anything else coming from haters or internet tantrums.
I will play the game and decide myself if the thing is worth it my time or not.

People expent all day 2 days ago saying you needed +40 hours to unlock vader while others were getting the 60.000 credits and unlocked him in less than 10 hours so I say NO, I won't believe anything else coming from haters or internet tantrums.
I will play the game and decide myself if the thing is worth it my time or not.

Says a guy with a Star Wars avatar.

That’s sheeple mentality. Yes, Star Wars is awesome and we want to consume everything Star Wars but that doesn’t mean we should be grabbing our ankles like this

royox

Says a guy with a Star Wars avatar.

That's sheeple mentality. Yes, Star Wars is awesome and we want to consume everything Star Wars but that doesn't mean we should be grabbing our ankles like this

It's not about being star wars, It's an internet tantrum and in my experience when there's an internet outrage the information lacks reliability and the stuff gets viral before anybody proves if that info is 100% true. Days ago they said "lol 40 hours for vader" and some streamers unlocked him in less than 10.

I know there are lootboxes, i know some people will pay for them (i never will and never did) but I also know the reality won't be half as bad as all those websites are saying as it always happen.

4500 hours. You could damn near master anything with that much time. Piano, a new lamgiage, photography...or you can waste your time chasing loot boxes.

RaptorGTA

Working 45+ hours I don’t have time to play 40+ to unlock one character

This..I don't mind playing a game that has long term goals. Hell, I have hundreds of hours in World of Warships...but this is just ridiculous. WoW's is a free to play game..if EA wants BF II to be this long grind game then it should be free to play or sold at a much lower cost.

My son who is a big fan of SW, had to buy the $80 pre-order addition because "you know you get all the stuff dad" with the preorder. And now I can't believe he has to play that many hours or spend more money to actually unlock stuff. So selling a game for $60-$100 isn't good enough for these companies any more, and they have to make more money on top of it using micro transactions. Just disgusting. This is not like a cheap mobile or F2P game, you are paying full $60 for it!!

Fishook

The modern gamer wants to grind and unlock shit, just look at the most popular games. I don't have the time or just can be arsed with that crap.

It's no worse than most other AAA games, the only reason people have got all this publicity is because it Star Wars.

4500 hours. You could damn near master anything with that much time. Piano, a new lamgiage, photography...or you can waste your time chasing loot boxes.

In all seriousness, EA would be delighted to have you chasing their loot boxes for that time. They plan every day how to get you to do just that.

#FuckEA

Z3M0G

I'd love to see someone crazy enough to say "WRONG! I purchased enough crates to unlock every card, get max card level, and level up every card to the max without ever playing a single match and it ONLY COST ME $1987.54!"

(I know this would actually be impossible without playing for the credits you need to do card upgrading I assume?)

jimbulsara

Neo Member
There is curretly an AMA on twitter with some battlefront 2 peeps.
I will just copy one answer to the question "why the restriction in credits to offline play"

''As we want to let players earn Credits offline via a more relaxed game mode, we needed to also find a way to make sure it wouldn't be exploited in a way that would impact Multiplayer. Because of that we made the decision to limit the number of Credits earned to stop potential abuse. We will be looking at data continually and make adjustments to make things as balanced as possible.
As for more Arcade, just like every mode in our game, we want to look for ways to expand it going forward. Unfortunately at this point we don't have anything to share right now, but know that we care about Offline modes.''

link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...ront_ii_dice_developer_ama/dpv71jd/?context=3

Don't buy this game please. They have lost any sense of decency ....

Blam

There is curretly an AMA on twitter with some battlefront 2 peeps.
I will just copy one answer to the question "why the restriction in credits to offline play"

''As we want to let players earn Credits offline via a more relaxed game mode, we needed to also find a way to make sure it wouldn't be exploited in a way that would impact Multiplayer. Because of that we made the decision to limit the number of Credits earned to stop potential abuse. We will be looking at data continually and make adjustments to make things as balanced as possible.
As for more Arcade, just like every mode in our game, we want to look for ways to expand it going forward. Unfortunately at this point we don't have anything to share right now, but know that we care about Offline modes.''

link:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...ront_ii_dice_developer_ama/dpv71jd/?context=3

Don't buy this game please. They have lost any sense of decency ....

They don't want potential abuse? Excuse me? You're abusing the consumer by fucking putting the loot boxes in like this.

I was looking forward to this game, but im against pre-ordering, so I didnt pre-order.

Im also against these terrible micro transaction traps that go to extreme lenghts to steal money from players and dont value a players time, so im completely out and will never buy this game, regardless of how much I wanted to play it.

JTCx

LMFAO but paying money for advantages in MP is alright in their book.

I played the game for around an hour. How did i manage to get 12k credits and 3k from a loot box?

I bought vader with the credits.. the mp is fun.

BibiMaghoo

Incoming EA Statement said:
Making games great comes from regular tuning. As one example, today we’re making a substantial change based on what we’ve seen. There’s been a lot of discussion around the amount of in-game credits (and time) it takes to unlock everything. Unlocking everything is a great accomplishment in the game, something we want players to have fun earning. We used data from the beta to help set those levels, but it’s clear that more changes were needed.

So, we’re reducing the amount of credits needed to unlock everything by 75%. Everything will now be available for $525 or 1125 hours. Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning everything an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players.

SirNinja

I put in 2,166 hours into Team Fortress 2 across the 10+ years it's been out, and that's not even half the time it takes to get everything in Battlefront II 2017...ridiculous.

JordanN

Banned
Screw that, that's like a mortgage payment.
I do not buy games that support these type of tactics to drain extra money from you, games are expensive enough.

I remember when someone posted a thread last month about which direction should games go to address the AAA crisis: outdated graphics, $100 games or Lootboxes.

I said I would take $100 games. At least costs would be under control while offering a good amount of content.

JordanN

Banned
Also, I just realized Battlefront 2 shares the exact same name with the other game released 12 years ago.

Now people will say Battlefront 2 sucks while shaming the other game. 😞

ftIDyxM.jpg

It's not about being star wars, It's an internet tantrum and in my experience when there's an internet outrage the information lacks reliability and the stuff gets viral before anybody proves if that info is 100% true. Days ago they said "lol 40 hours for vader" and some streamers unlocked him in less than 10.

I know there are lootboxes, i know some people will pay for them (i never will and never did) but I also know the reality won't be half as bad as all those websites are saying as it always happen.

Shhh you’re making too much sense. Let them rage. I unlocked both Vader AND Luke and my EA Access trial isn’t even half over.

EA pretty anti-consumer but people embellish. Has anyone even taken a look at his math? The amount of “let’s assume”’s is hilarious.

It will take some pretty nuts people to unlock everything and I def won’t be one of those people (I have a full time job, a wife and 2 kids under 2 years old) but people need to either boycott the game based on their principles (essentially hitting EA where it hurts to make true change) or play the game knowing they probably won’t unlock everything. Continuing to beat a dead horse about how disgusting this is does nothing.

Rellik

Shhh you’re making too much sense. Let them rage. I unlocked both Vader AND Luke and my EA Access trial isn’t even half over.

EA pretty anti-consumer but people embellish. Has anyone even taken a look at his math? The amount of “let’s assume”’s is hilarious.

It will take some pretty nuts people to unlock everything and I def won’t be one of those people (I have a full time job, a wife and 2 kids under 2 years old) but people need to either boycott the game based on their principles (essentially hitting EA where it hurts to make true change) or play the game knowing they probably won’t unlock everything. Continuing to beat a dead horse about how disgusting this is does nothing.

Yeah let's just roll over and take it in the ass like you're clearly happy to do.

Blam

That was the worst fucking AMA I've ever seen. You couldn't have been more Vague if the definition of Vague was EA.

Yeah let's just roll over and take it in the ass like you're clearly happy to do.

Convenient that you ignored the part where I said boycott the game and hit EA where it hurts, their pockets.

But I’m glad you resort to sexually inappropriate comments to express how you feel. Speaks volumes to your intelligence.

Top Bottom