• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's No Longer Xbox, but Microsoft Gaming Report Says

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Ok that video was helpful finally unravelling the Mobile store crazyness - this actually makes sense.
Web-portal where they sell IAPs for 30% less (or 30% more to MS profits) - start with mass discounts, get significant portion of population to tie their mobile accounts to 'Xbox' there - get them used to buying through their payment gateways and then once hitting critical mass in revenues - start (de)listing games there as well. It's still far fetched - but with the 1Billion odd users they have on mobile between the 3 major IPs - they could actually pull this off.
And they already had Epic failure (and their own) on PC to learn from so... 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Sad Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

odhiex

XBOX is Microsoft, not two different entities. Microsoft created that brand since the very beginning and its peoples are Microsoft employees. Do they really think this decision was made solely by Satya Nadella and the investors?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Honestly, it’s probably for the best. The “Xbox” consoles have been a marketing disaster since the Xbone. “Xbox Series X” is such a horrible, stupid name. (Which is a shame, because I think the console itself is fantastic.)

It’d be nice if they started with a fresh console/product name.

bender

What time is it?
Honestly, it’s probably for the best. The “Xbox” consoles have been a marketing disaster since the Xbone. “Xbox Series X” is such a horrible, stupid name. (Which is a shame, because I think the console itself is fantastic.)

It’d be nice if they started with a fresh console/product name.

They should name their next console PlayStation 7.

MayauMiao

Microsoft Gaming, Xbox, Microsoft Game Studios, Games for Windows Live, whatever it is it won't change the preception that Microsoft end up screwing themselves despite billions of investment.

Last edited:
Don't worry Xbros, Sega fans know that feel. 🫂
They are one and the same for the most part. Atleast that is what the Dreamcast power thread seems to show. Xbros who love waxing eloquent about the loser console of that gen, whilst shitting on PS2. It is honestly pathetic, they went from Sega to MS to now PC and Nintendo, they will probably all cream their pants on the day Sony folds up. That is pretty much the only driving force in this hobby for them. Any day now Xbros/Sega fans/Switch enthusiasts.

On the topic of competition, Sony already has enough competition. They cannot keep the prices as high as they are currently with console sales stalling. I have also not bought a PS5, I will only jump in if the slim drops to 250-299$, otherwise I am fine with my cheap Steam Deck (64GB, upgraded to 1TB SSD). MS has literally done nothing about their ancient ass controller, meanwhile Sony has incorporated built-in battery, touchpad, speaker, gyro, advanced haptics, resistive triggers, etc. over the course of the past generations. Why did they innovate in the absence of any competition from MS on this front?

Last edited:
As long they make like a steam box. But. Like Microsoft gaming pc. That it will run Xbox os but we can side load steam or whatever. Shit, I buy that. Have like 3 different options. 500, 700, and 1000 dollars. I may bite

Top Bottom