• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's Official: Marvel's Avengers Is Gone

Justin9mm

Its a shame cause what was there I enjoyed (I'm a huge Marvel fan which helped) and a lot of the unavoidable bullshit with MTX, Spiderman being locked on PS4/5 and the weird endgame loop being either grindy unless there were Events or really just well boring to do didn't help

For what it is worth, the Single Player was actually not a bad game, it had an interesting story going for it and some of the characters were great, Ms Marvel being the stand out, the Black Panther update helps fix stuff as well, but it was far too late

I managed to get about 80 hours out of the game, I enjoyed my time with it but it was never gonna last, a shame really
Bought the digital definitive edition on PS5 for like $6. Have not played it yet. I assume the single player story/experience is well worth that price of admission?

Bridges

No, the only reason this failed was because of an extreme lack of content, the hawkeye expansions were delayed because of the delays with the show, and the war for wakanda expansion was delayed because boseman died, there were many long stretches without any meaningful updates, and they also refused to fix some glaring issues, instead opting to just release new cosmetics and introducing more stupid mechanics.
Every new roadmap talk just made it seem like there were 5 people working on the post launch content, which caused many of the promised update/content to never materialise.

If they had stuck to the strengths of the core combat system and had a steady stream of meaningful updates/content, the game would not have killed itself.
Hard disagree. Content pipeline was bad, yes, but the base game was terrible through and through. I don't really understand the defenders that say the single player was actually good. It was a meh story with an annoying main character with a shitty loot system that didn't make any sense for the type of game (and I played it after they "fixed" things with the redone currencies).

There is the occasional glimmer if a good game hiding in there, but the moment to moment action is so boring and subpar. We're got fucking Iron Man and The Hulk at our disposal and all we can do is make a looter shooter? It's tragic.

Unlike most people, I actually naively thought this game looked great pre-release when everyone else was shitting on it. One of my biggest Ls for sure. There was so much wrong it was obvious they would never have a comeback story. Very quick uninstall after hitting credits.

Anyways, despite all that, I do still get a little sad when games get delisted. Part of me still feels like I should've bought it for posterity. Hopefully the upcoming EA games are actually good and we can all just forget about this one.

Beechos

Wonder when these things happen if there are people who just buy a ton of keys for resale later down the line.

What was this game like 3.99 digital? I can see years from now keys for something like this can go for like $10 or more.

Top Bottom