• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's time for another PS4 stability update don't you think?

I really hope a future stability update fixes the auto-eject bug. The problem-- at least on my machine-- is software related since it's a software solution that solves it; force downloading and reinstalling the most recent firmware fixes the issue temporarily.

So, aside from DLNA, what other features has the XB1 received through updates, that the PS4 really needs?

Just curious, since all I do with my (new used) XB1 is game pretty much (I used to watch U-Verse TV through the HDMI-passthrough, but the feed looks like shit. The XB1 degrades it pretty noticeably). For gaming, the PS4 is a much better option.

For starters they could give us the simple ability to see when our friends get online. The fact that they can't even do that in a timely manner gives me little hope we'll ever see something like suspend/resume or many of the other features on XB1. They can't even get the basics out to us within a year of launch, so by the time they eventually do release a suspend/resume and then take months of stability updates to iron out the bugs so that it's actually usable we'll probably be looking at the next generation of consoles.

As a primarily 360 gamer last gen I would just download updates whenever I fired up my PS3 a few times a month. So I never really had a grasp on just how painfully slow and pathetic their process was when adding features. Now that I went with the PS4 as my go-to console it's plain as day and I miss Live. I wasn't planning to grab an XB1 til Gears and hopefully a slimmer model came out. Now I'm thinking about grabbing one this holiday or as soon as they release an Xfinity app for it...something that I use every day on 360 that I'll never get on my PS4.

/butthurt

Top Bottom