• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

??IV 3D remake to DS

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Seraph830 said:
Am I the only one who is looking forward to what this means for the Soundtrack? Hearing the entire soundtrack get past MIDI would be fantastic.

And for all those crying about "not another remake", its easy money for square. DS 3D models dont take a bagillion hours of texture work and 3D modeling, nor do they have to pay somebody to think of anything new. A "zomg next-gen" port of one of these games would cost alot more. Its easy and almost guaranteed cash.

If all square made were things like FF13, they would be out of buisness. I seriously doubt FF13 is going to pay for itself.

I already said that the DS's sound chip produces great synthesized music and it would do wonders for the SNES trilogy that has the best soundtrack in the series.

Yeah, we all know it is easy money but we want them to make easy money from games they just didn't release on the GBA less than 2 years ago. How about releasing Seiken Desetsu 3, Dragon Quest 4, Dragon Quest 5, and Dragon Quest 6 in the USA?

KTallguy

Banned
I think it's sad that so many people haven't experienced FFIV.

It's an excellent game, with very memorable characters, I'd say it's very very close to the FFVI (although it falls short just a tiny bit).

I'm really happy that a new generation can experience this game in an updated fashion.

I have a few hopes:

1. Square Enix will learn from their experiences with FFIII and make combat very speedy and transitions quick enough so that they don't annoy. That's the only way I can enjoy random battles anymore.

2. The music will be updated and fleshed out even more, no direct copy please.

3. There will be additional content, like special bosses.

4. The 3D graphics won't look too horrible. FFIII's characters didn't look that great (please don't fool yourself).

But yea, I'm happy about this announcement!

Hcoregamer00

KTallguy said:

It's an excellent game, with very memorable characters, I'd say it's very very close to the FFVI (although it falls short just a tiny bit).

I'm really happy that a new generation can experience this game in an updated fashion.

I have a few hopes:

1. Square Enix will learn from their experiences with FFIII and make combat very speedy and transitions quick enough so that they don't annoy. That's the only way I can enjoy random battles anymore.

2. The music will be updated and fleshed out even more, no direct copy please.

4. The 3D graphics won't look too horrible. FFIII's characters didn't look that great (please don't fool yourself).

But yea, I'm happy about this announcement!

Honestly, if they did improve the game with what you said like increasing the pace of battles and the transitions in an out of battle then I would honestly buy the game on day 1. My biggest problem with all the older final fantasies is the pacing of battle and stuff like Grandia and FFX-2 spoiled me to slow battles.

mabuza

Banned
dissidia announcement is much more exciting. at least i havent played it a 1000 times before. besides i thought ff iii was too boring, time to move on

Dascu

KTallguy said:
Perhaps they'll add in the GBA remake's extras?

Regardless, I want FFV DS with Amano designs for everything, including Boco.

vertopci

**** this. Where's my Chrono Trigger?

Having FFIV in 3d means absolutely nothing to me. Same game just shinier coating. Not worth $30 IMO. Not to mention I alreadly have 2 copies of the game :lol

Ginko

Great, great news. FFIV is one of the best in the series.

Who could ever forget
ff4spoonyln7.png

But seriously, I think other games need a remake more than FFIV.
CT

mabuza said:
dissidia announcement is much more exciting. at least i havent played it a 1000 times before. besides i thought ff iii was too boring, time to move on
Unknown quality game I haven't played vs. a known good game I've played a lot - so far it's about even, but I'm happy with both.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I couldn't even get through IV on the GBA remake anymore because it's too dated. I wish it was VI. :(

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
it's alright to remake this game. the GBA version was ****ing borked, it was a pretty meh port job.

bring it on!

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
KTallguy said:

!

Umm what do you mean? Lots of people have enjoyed Final Fantasy IV! I enjoyed it way back when it came out for the SNES, and if I wanted to enjoy it now, I could just go play the GBA version on my DS. FFIII remake was wonderful and great because it hadn't had a recent remake, and it never had a US release.

KTallguy said:

I liked the 3d characters a lot actually. The art style was a good match for the low poly 3d.

Hcoregamer00

vertopci said:
**** this. Where's my Chrono Trigger?

Having FFIV in 3d means absolutely nothing to me. Same game just shinier coating. Not worth $30 IMO. Not to mention I alreadly have 2 copies of the game :lol

There is no way in hell I am supporting a Chrono Trigger game with DS 3D graphics.

:lol

Seraph830

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Yeah, we all know it is easy money but we want them to make easy money from games they just didn't release on the GBA less than 2 years ago. How about releasing Seiken Desetsu 3, Dragon Quest 4, Dragon Quest 5, and Dragon Quest 6 in the USA?
Because Secret of Mana and Dragon quest dont sell nearly as much as Final Fantasy (especially here in the states).

Release Secret of Mana remake here, and very few people will care. Release a remake with that Final Fantasy lettering on it and it will get eaten up.

Do the games you listed deserve a remake more? Yes. Would they make as much Money? No.

Seraph830 said:
Because Secret of Mana and Dragon quest dont sell nearly as much as Final Fantasy (especially here in the states).

Release Secret of Mana remake here, and very few people will care. Release a remake with that Final Fantasy lettering on it and it will get eaten up.

Do the games you listed deserve a remake more? Yes. Would they make as much Money? No.

They got the initials wrong.

ethelred

Hcoregamer00 said:
There is no way in hell I am supporting a Chrono Trigger game with DS 3D graphics.

:lol

After seeing what Square Enix has pulled off with Revenant Wings, DQIX, Crystal Chronicles, and DQMJ, I would have no reservations at all.

Hcoregamer00

Seraph830 said:

Do you realize that maybe the reason why Dragon Quest never got the loyal fanbase because they never released the GOOD ONES in the USA? Well, I like 1-3 but let's not kid ourselves, the good ones start at number 4.

Hcoregamer00

ethelred said:
After seeing what Square Enix has pulled off with Revenant Wings, DQIX, Crystal Chronicles, and DQMJ, I would have no reservations at all.

I do, that is because Chrono Trigger is a series that works in 2D and to take it from that dimension and make it more like Chrono Cross just doesn't work.

JayDubya

Banned
The best Final Fantasy game, bar none, so I'll certainly nab up any remake worth its salt.

lol way to read the thread, huh?

Well, an FF or a DQ remake would be great, either way.

Evlar

Banned
I'm really surprised they're trying to get Elder Scrolls 4 on the DS. Can't wait to see how Oblivion looks on the dual screens!

Hcoregamer00

Personally I want Dragon Quest 4 because I heard about how good it was.

FF4 is fine, but I would take DQ4 anytime because I didn't beat DQ4 a year ago :lol

Top Bottom