• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ivanka Trump to get access to classified information for... reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rembrandt

Banned
To play devil's advocate, I feel like Melania has been hiding in the shadows trying to protect Baron from the inevitable fallout. To me, it seems like Ivanka is in the real first lady role since we've actually seen her around. Wouldn't be the first time the first lady wasn't the president's spouse.

From what I've seen, it's only happened when the wife has died before the presidency and Buchanan didn't marry.

So it wouldn't be the first time, but it would be for completely different reasons.

StayDead

On the basis of Trump being who he is, I'm surprised he isn't trying to de-classify everything. I thought he and his base hated politicians. Why should those people get more access to info than the regular joe who voted in Trump. (sarcasm of course, but it wouldn't surprise me if he tries it later on)

Fuck me drain that swamp and give your family jobs and security clearance

Remember that photo of the situation room when Osama was killed? were soon to see similar with Ivanka in there aren't we?

Clefargle

ivanka-complicit-snl.jpg

Thanks Ivanka

forms

Some people commented it's poor form to vilify Ivanka just for who her father is. Now we can vilify her as an active part of a repressive and corrupt administration.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/20/ivanka-trump-west-wing-office-security-clearance

And let's not forget her husband Kushner was sworn in as an official senior advisor.

How is this even possible? How can the American patriots, hell bent on avoiding dictatorship, actually elect a fucking emperor?

Oersted

Has she divested herself from her own private business interests? I'm guessing not.

As much as her father

How is this even possible? How can the American patriots, hell bent on avoiding dictatorship, actually elect a fucking emperor?

A Presidential system is the first step

Than comes a two party system beneath

And than all what you need is a "party over country" party

And voila....

Gentle reminder that when President Obama was actually following the rules, Republicans and their talking heads made sure on a daily basis to remind him (by which I mean remind his base, who hated him as if he were the literal antichrist) that he was not a dictator, emperor or king.

Those same people are oddly quiet now, except for the ones accusing Obama of running a Shadow Government to make Trump fail.

So it has been a full two months now.

At what point in this circus do the American people collectively grow a pair? Screaming into internet echo chambers and agreeing on the latest talking points don't actually effect change.

jay

Where is lionel? Someone evil who is not the president needs defending.

Let's be real, the reason why so many people are even suggesting Ivanka become President and this whole idea that she's this force of good within the Trump Administration even in an unofficial capacity is because she's a pretty blond girl. That's it.

She does nothing for me, so I see her for who she actually is...trash.

It's just bald sexism. She sure is pretty so that makes her complex and a force of good and not vile like the rest of these fascists.

Though the idea that you can only see the truth because she doesn't arouse you is a bit odd.

jelly

Let's be real, the reason why so many people are even suggesting Ivanka become President and this whole idea that she's this force of good within the Trump Administration even in an unofficial capacity is because she's a pretty blond girl. That's it.

She does nothing for me, so I see her for who she actually is...trash.

100%

Really, it's amazing how none of family haven't got more heat. I guess bigger fish to fry but I hate how she gets a pass for just being the pretty blonde girl. It's the American sweetheart nonsense but she has a black heart really. That's not to say she hasn't got marks against her, some people aren't blind to it, her clothing line, jewellery getting pointed out.

What has she done that everyone hates her so much again? Genuinely curious as to the vitriol being spewed in this thread. I haven't been following her closely.

ericexpo

Gentle reminder that when President Obama was actually following the rules, Republicans and their talking heads made sure on a daily basis to remind him (by which I mean remind his base, who hated him as if he were the literal antichrist) that he was not a dictator, emperor or king.

Those same people are oddly quiet now, except for the ones accusing Obama of running a Shadow Government to make Trump fail.

I hear Obama let the daughters sit in on shadow government meetings.

What has she done that everyone hates her so much again? Genuinely curious as to the vitriol being spewed in this thread. I haven't been following her closely.
She played an active role in getting Trump elected, thereby endorsing Trumps views.

She also tries to profit from the whole thing by pushing her clothing lines and other products.

And now she plays an active role in the Trump administration, but without an official role, which is very strange.

SKINNER!

Banned
Oh sweet juicy Nepotism. Worked wonders for Silvio Berlusconi. and oh what a coincidence! Both Trump and Berlusconi were business men who conned their nation to the top spot. Oh well, here's to the start of the Trump political dynasty! Ivanka Trump for president/Donald Trump for Vice President 2024!

Just because she's attractive doesn't shield her from criticism of taking advantage of the Oval Office to further her, her family's and her hudband's private business dealings

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
If there was actually a shadow government working to take down Trump, they're doing a poor fucking job of it.

LakeEarth

Uhhh, did you read the title of this thread? She has no business having access to classified information, no position, no title. How is that enough to be upset?

BlitzKeeg

what is this? a Royal Family?

seriously.

her husband Jared is a currupt scum bag selling off a buliing in NYC to the Chinese Goverment,

Trump has been trying to run the country like a king since he got in office. He's frustrated by the level of "regulation" (aka checks and balances) that exist.

Every week it's another attempt at undermining democracy and every weekend it's another trip to his fancy vacation spot in Florida.

I hope the intelligence community digs up the most slimy disgusting shit that he's ever done with Russia so we can oust him as a traitor and show the rest of this idiot country what happens when you elect a wannabe dictator/Russian plant.

/rant

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Getting a clearance isn't a guarantee of access to information.

One must have a clearance and a need to know.

I would argue that anybody (US citizen of course) in the Whitehouse for prolonged time periods should have a clearance so they are aware, and responsible, of how to handle classified.

I think Trump is far too narcissistic to quit; I wouldn't get my hopes up.

He either can't stand his job and needs to resign soon to maintain his health.

But if he resigns, he will be the biggest disgrace of a President ever.
He obviously cares about his public perception.

oti

Banned
For some reason I view Ivanka as a bit more reasonable and competent than her father but I have no idea why.

She's part of a shitty government and helped her dad get where he is, she deserves no respect.

That's the plan.

LakeEarth

He either can't stand his job and needs to resign soon to maintain his health.

But if he resigns, he will be the biggest disgrace of a President ever.
He obviously cares about his public perception.

If Nixon didn't resign, he would've been impeached. Trump won't resign, and Congress won't impeach him... if (and it is still a big if) somehow the FBI digs up enough evidence to get him arrested, I seriously don't know what will happen. I'd say the GOP would turn on him, but they haven't yet despite everything.

I'm sure part of this has to do with the fact that Trump is so paranoid as this point that he doesn't trust anyone except her for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom