• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaffe on GOW3 - "Looks like a painting come to life"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Ariexv said:
Again, have you seen Banjo in action? Also Notice I said OUT as in released as in Not KZ2.

there are plenty of other games currently on the market that hold a candle to gears 2. and yes i have seen banjo in action, its pretty but lets be realistic here come on.

Ariexv said:
Umm have you Seen Banjo N&Bs in action?

He's right, N&B looks great. I'm not saying it has the best graphics out there, but it does look pretty damn good.

Best looking game out? Eh, not touching that one.

AniHawk

mountain_duwe said:
All turds aside, GOW3 will own 2009(hopefully).

Not unless Michel Ancel has anything to say about it.

On Jaffe: Dude's cool. Lay off. I might not like his games, but he's a pretty humble guy.

Guled

mountain_duwe said:
Sorry, but this guy just looks like a straight-up turd to me.

[IMGhttp://www.threespeech.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/david%20jaffe.jpg[/IMG]

All credibility OUT THE WINDOW
facepalm.jpeg

DrPirate said:
You're a dumbass...

Seriously.

The thing is, posting something about someone famous and talking shit about someone's mother directly to them, whether it be on NeoGAF or Xbox Live or PlayStation Network or Adultfriendfinder.com ... are two completely different things.

gow_flyer_396.jpg

Maybe they aren't going for photo realism and instead are going for a look more along the lines of this? If they can come close to this, it will be amazing.

Crisis

Banned
mountain_duwe said:
The thing is, posting something about someone famous and talking shit about someone's mother directly to them, whether it be on NeoGAF or Xbox Live or PlayStation Network or Adultfriendfinder.com ... are two completely different things.

Dumbass confirmed.

Ariexv

TEH-CJ said:
there are plenty of other games currently on the market that hold a candle to gears 2. and yes i have seen banjo in action, its pretty but lets be realistic here come on.
That's being completely realistic banjo looks amazing, even the worst reviews for the game say it looks absolutely beautiful.

mountain_duwe said:

you sound like such a turd.

DrPirate

Banned
mountain_duwe said:

Actually, I don't like name-calling, so I'll just apologize for it.

But you seem to be trying a little bit too hard.

You dismissed a man's opinion by the way he looks. Say his games suck, say the way he types or swears is unprofessional, say anything but exercise a little tact. I loved God of War 1, andwhile I find he's a little over the top, I think the way he speaks is entertaining and he has an opinion I can relate with most of the time.

mountain_duwe said:

I would say that, broadly, they both fall under the banner of "giving someone shit".

As you gave someone shit to begin with, surely you can't be surprised or offended by a mother comment? (seeing as "mother" comments are amongst the most commonly used forms of shit giving)

DrPirate

Banned
Vast Inspiration said:
GOW2 having the best graphics this year is debatable? If you ps3-avatarized individuals say so...

lol I would love to read who wrote that.

It definitely by far had the best PS2 graphics...I didn't think that game was possible on so little ram and such a weak graphics card, but alas, God of War 2 is a graphical marvel in its own right.

Still though, it came out in 2007....(Best graphics went to Bioshock for me, sorry Gears...)

Poimandres said:
I would say that, broadly, they both fall under the banner of "giving someone shit".

As you gave someone shit to begin with, surely you can't be surprised or offended by a mother comment? (seeing as "mother" comments are amongst the most commonly used forms of shit giving)

I love my mother. Call me ugly, whatever...but leave my mother out of it.

DrPirate said:
lol I would love to read who wrote that.

It definitely by far had the best PS2 graphics...I didn't think that game was possible on so little ram and such a weak graphics card, but alas, God of War 2 is a graphical marvel in its own right.

Still though, it came out in 2007....(Best graphics went to Bioshock for me, sorry Gears...)
They're talking about Gears of War 2 in 2008. It's confusing, though, because in 2007 the consensus was that GoW is God of War and GeoW is Gears of War. I don't know why people forgot which one sits at the back of the bus.

Guled

Vast Inspiration said:
GOW2 having the best graphics this year is debatable? If you ps3-avatarized individuals say so...
not only debatable but wrong, are you forgetting that Crysis Warhead came out this year (plus I can see people saying that PoP and ME has better graphics)?

mountain_duwe said:
I love my mother. Call me ugly, whatever...but leave my mother out of it.

I'm not going to call you anything. I'm just pointing out that when you start calling names/making judgements about others- it won't be too long before someone pulls out the mother card, so you can't be too surprised this happened.

Poimandres said:
I'm not going to call you anything. I'm just pointing out that when you start calling names/making judgements about others- it won't be too long before someone pulls out the mother card, so you can't be too surprised this happened.

Surprised? No.

Disappointed? ...

:(

DrPirate

Banned
badcrumble said:
They're talking about Gears of War 2 in 2008. It's confusing, though, because in 2007 the consensus was that GoW is God of War and GeoW is Gears of War. I don't know why people forgot which one sits at the back of the bus.

Oh, oops.

I thought people just called Gears of War "Gears". (That's what my roomate and I call it anyways).

I commonly see Gears 2 abbreviated to G2 anyways which is shorter...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
You guys ever heard of alt accounts? Stop replying, you're embarrassing everyone.

Trevor360

Banned
what does "painting come to life" even mean? Can't you say that about most games? After all, they are just moving art (as in people "drew" and crafted the graphics)

badcrumble said:

The thing is... GeoW is slightly more inconvenient to type than GOW, and doesn't seem to have the same ring to it. It's just an unfortunate coincedence that both games have the same acronym. The majority of people (outside of certain serious gamer crowds) aren't going to start referring to Gears as GeoW anytime soon, regardless of whether it has the "rights" to a certain acronym.

Type "GOW" or "game GOW" into Google. Which game do you see first and most frequently?

Ariexv

Guled said:
not only debatable but wrong, are you forgetting that Crysis Warhead came out this year (plus I can see people saying that PoP and ME has better graphics)?
We're obviously talking about consoles..... and lolno @ PoP and ME.

And Gears of War 2 is less graphically impressive this time around. I'm not sure what it is, because it certainly has some epic beautfiul parts, and impressive enemies. It just feels a little blurry, the colors seem to be more washed out, and the textures don't seem to POP as much as they used to. I don't know if it's just me, I'd have to go back and play Gears 1 to see if it's just the Nostalgia talking, but Gears 2, while having impressive parts and great art, doesn't feel like the best graphics anymore. I would say Dead Space is more impressive graphically to me for this year.

Guled

Ariexv said:
We're obviously talking about consoles..... and lolno @ PoP and ME.
well you never said that before, and why laugh at ME and PoP, graphics is not only technical, theres the whole art thing involved also. Both of those are fresh and really good looking, so I don't see what wrong with that, more so when it comes from the guy who said Banjo

Ariexv

Guled said:
well you never said that before, and why laugh at ME and PoP, graphics is not only technical, theres the whole art thing involved also. Both of those are fresh and really good looking, so I don't see what wrong with that, more so when it comes from the guy who said Banjo
I'm not saying they're bad looking games, but they don't compete w/ Gears or Banjo (imo) though they're definitely pretty far above average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom