• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaime Griesemer (Lead Designer InFamous: SS, Halo 3) has left Sucker Punch

Asd202

YxnpxBF.png

This dude :p.

Holy fuck at that resume. You can tell both Infamous 3 and Destiny will be 9/10 titles just by this guy's involvement.

He can only go up from here so I'd guess Naughty Dog, Valve or Amazon...

SystemBug

Holy fuck at that resume. You can tell both Infamous 3 and Destiny will be 9/10 titles just by this guy's involvement.

Probably indie. Dudes done everything under the sun pretty much.

Also I dunno about Valve. Clint Hocking was there and left.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
as a non-ps4 owner this is good news (i hope). i enjoy his work.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I don't know much about the guy but from the looks of it he didn't really work there long.

Three or four years isn't long now? It's a whole game dev cycle.

Jaime is awesome btw. Also has the best taste in Sushi.

Shiro's ftw.

SgtCobra

Amazon? As if Amazon is a top notch world wide respected developer who made lots of critically acclaimed games...Nah I don't think so.

I wish him lots of luck in his future endeavors.

I have no memory of this, can you or anyone else help?

He was essentially poo-pooing the decisions Microsoft made. I very much doubt it'd put Microsoft off, they've cleared house a little since then. I can only imagine it'd put him off from going back there, more than vice versa. Who knows?

I'll echo the sentiment that this increases my excitement and expectations for Infamous SS quite a bit. Interesting mission and level design is typically the weakest part of open world games.

Wynnebeck

Banned
So delicious. I knew there was trouble in paradise when Amy Hennig, Jack Tretton, and others started to leave. Sony fans thinking it was all sunshine and rainbows for them with PS4 selling out, but now it's over and they are finally going to get exposes for manipulating the masses like they have. Maybe Jaime will go back and work on some real games instead of that mediocre series Infamous.

Some devs in the Seattle area he could go to that aren't the usual suspects:
5th Cell (they seem to be really growing lately)
Airtight
Monolith

GhaleonEB

His last Halo game was Reach. I'm not so sure.

Look at his resume in the OP: he provided advice to the Reach creative team, and helped tune stuff near the very end. He was focused on Destiny when Reach was made and didn't have much of a role in its development.

Bobb

He definitely bounces around.

I don't think you understand how the industry works. Looks like work for hire. The question is why has he moved around so much?

What do you mean? The OP shows he's been with Bungie and Sucker Punch between 2001 to 2014.

Looks like he was there for only 2 1/2 years, worked on Infamous, and is now gone. That was a pretty short stay.

What... Really?

As that other guy said, a development cycle is a huge chunk of people's lives. I remember an interview with Ken Levine saying something along those lines. If they're going straight into pre-prod on another inFamous game, then he's probably happy to move on.

Do we even have any details on what the hell Staten is actually doing yet?

Senior Creative Director
Microsoft
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MSFT; Computer Software industry
January 2014 – Present (3 months)

Helping to create incredible entertainment on XBOX.

Nerokis

So delicious. I knew there was trouble in paradise when Amy Hennig, Jack Tretton, and others started to leave. Sony fans thinking it was all sunshine and rainbows for them with PS4 selling out, but now it's over and they are finally going to get exposes for manipulating the masses like they have. Maybe Jaime will go back and work on some real games instead of that mediocre series Infamous.

I'm pretty sure you're joking, but either way, I love that this narrative has gained momentum over the past month or so when the so-called "mass exodus" adds up to 3 or 4 people with vastly different roles leaving for probably completely different sets of reasons.

He is excellent at what he does, that is for. I know alot of other people contributed to those great games but we're talking about a guy who was in the quarterback role after all. I haven't played Infamous Second Son yet but the early buzz definitely makes it seem like the series hit the next level in terms of quality and he had a role in that.

I'm sure many fans of Sony games would prefer he stay at Sony in some capacity but thems the breaks. I'm sure he found a great opportunity for himself and I hope we all benefit somehow from whatever he helps create.

arhra

Senior Creative Director
Microsoft
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; MSFT; Computer Software industry
January 2014 – Present (3 months)

Helping to create incredible entertainment on XBOX.

Yeah, I saw that myself. Was hoping someone might have said something a little more concrete on twitter or something, since the linkedin entry is vague as hell and could mean pretty much anything.

So I guess the answer is no, we have absolutely no idea what he's doing. Except that he says it's going to be awesome.

Top Bottom