• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan earthquake kills 2, destroys 19 houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Stay safe Japan.

Tokyo (CNN)At least two people died and 19 houses collapsed after an earthquake struck southern Japan late Thursday, authorities said.

An unknown number of people were still trapped under collapsed buildings Thursday night, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said.
The U.S. Geological Survey said the magnitude-6.2 quake struck near Ueki, Japan. Several smaller aftershocks occurred shortly afterward.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/14/asia/japan-earthquake/index.html

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Keyouta

Hopefully there isn't going to be any crazy earthquakes soon as I'm heading over for a few weeks in 11 days. Rip to those who died.

4 big ones?

Damn, hope they dont have anything too big . last time it really shook the world not only entertainment but the threat of all the nuclear and other issues.

Hope they are much more prepared

4 big ones?

Damn, hope they dont have anything too big . last time it really shook the world not only entertainment but the threat of all the nuclear and other issues.

Hope they are much more prepared

It's the big one that really worries me. I forget which one it was, but I read one of those mega-quakes actually hit hard enough to affect the earth's axis. 6.1 is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Do earthquakes occur in Japan every couple months?

Yeah they are pretty regular - but the one last night was a big one.

It was quite strange, here in Tokyo it felt as if there was an explosion (a sudden impact and then nothing), which was a (relatively) minor quake, and then within 30 minutes there was the big quake down in the south..

Hopefully that little cluster yesterday was all there is to it.

PreFire

Earthquakes scare the shit out of me. Living in NYC my entire life, I've only felt one earthquake and it was ridiculously minor. Like a worker outside of your house using a jackhammer.

Terrible that lives were lost due to the one that struck Japan today. Hopefully there won't actually be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom