• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Game Awards 2016 (Best games of TGS - Future Awards)

These are the awards that go out in regards to upcoming games showcased at TGS (future awards). The votes were chosen by visitors over the three day period. It's basically a glorified way of saying the games people attending TGS enjoyed the most / were the most hyped for. Nonetheless, I can't disagree with many of those games chosen.

Final Fantasy XV

Nioh

Gravity Rush 2

Yakuza 6

Horizon Zero Dawn

The Last Guardian

Resident Evil 7

Megami Meguri

Monster Hunter Stories

Summer Lesson

*No particular order*

Gravity Rush 2

kat1gyqm4.gif

Hopefully with the delay of GTS it'll cause SIEA to at least put some marketing behind GR2. Maybe not commercials, but at least something like they did with until Dawn where they pushed it heavily on the internet.

kat1gyqm4.gif

Hopefully with the delay of GTS it'll cause SIEA to at least put some marketing behind GR2. Maybe not commercials, but at least something like they did with until Dawn where they pushed it heavily on the internet.
I don't know, a certain Last Guardian will arrive 4 days later...
One things for sure, this is a double win or fail for Japan Studio XD

*No particular order*

Oh... Would have been cool if Nioh was actually the second most hyped game after FFXV.

Nioh keeping the fire alive since no DMCV... On that note I feel like Capcom can't market more than one main series at a time or something- Earlier it's nothing but SFV, now it's nothing but RE7, maybe afterwards we can finally go back to DMC when that game comes out.

MANUELF

Banned
Any noteworthy game not on the list? Cant think of any big japanese game that was on TGS and is not on the list

Mik2121

Megami Meguri
I absolutely not know what's that.
Not my kind of game, but if people like it, eh..

As for the others, I personally agree with Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last Guardian, maybe also Nioh and Gravity Rush 2 (not gonna play that one but I know it will most likely be a great title).

KZObsessed

Horizon Zero Dawn
Final Fantasy XV
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Nioh

Looking forward to all of these. All releasing relatively soon as well.

silva1991

Final Fantasy XV
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2

Good the only games I will be buying the rest of the year(until GR2 gets delayed)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Unfortunately it's also kinda competing with The Last Guardian because their dates are incredibly close, not to mention it has been anticipated for... 7 years?

Methinks the marketing will go to TLG, not Gravity Rush 2. :(

Raylan

Banned
These are the awards that go out in regards to upcoming games showcased at TGS (future awards). The votes were chosen by visitors over the three day period. It's basically a glorified way of saying the games people attending TGS enjoyed the most / were the most hyped for. Nonetheless, I can't disagree with many of those games chosen.

Final Fantasy XV

Nioh

Gravity Rush 2

Yakuza 6

Horizon Zero Dawn

The Last Guardian

Resident Evil 7

Megami Meguri

Monster Hunter Stories

Summer Lesson

*No particular order*

Three Sony IPs and four PS4 exclusives there. notbad.gif

What a weak show.

Nope, just as strong as last year. Gameplay videos for a bunch of games like Berserk Musou, tons of Tecmo Koei stuff, Gundam Versus dropping next year (finally), EDF5, Dragon Quest Monsters, Scarlet SaGa, tons of Yakuza 6 details, DW9 confirmation, Digimon, SFV news, new Nobunaga's Ambition, Birthdays The Beginning, God Eater 3 announcement (for consoles!), etc.

Delays and Capcom not showing off RE7, but so long as you weren't going in expecting DMC5 or whatever, it was fine.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Was Monster Hunter Stories well received at the show? I know it's pre order sales haven't been too great considering it looks so high quality.

Deft Beck

As impressive as it looks, Gravity Rush 2 is mainly going to sell to Western people who bought the first one with their launch Vita on day 1, as well as the two other people who bought the remaster. So, that's why it isn't getting that big of a push.

It's inherently a niche title in the West, but it's getting a bigger push in its native market because it meshes better.

mao2

Yeah. TGS, based on the coverage here was absolutely garbage. Normally there is a whole bunch of games announced, even ones I wouldnot touch with a bargepole, but this year...nothing.
TGS is mainly an event for the public to try out the latest titles. Normally most of the new game announcements happen in advance either in gaming magazines or at pre-TGS conferences. Very few get announced during the event itself.

Anyway here's a list of new games that were announced at this year's PlayStation Press Conference.
[PS4] New Generation Gundam Versus
[PS4] Earth Defense Force 5
[PS4][PSV] Musou Stars
[PS4][PSV] Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary
[PS4] Granblue Fantasy: Project Re: Link
[PS4] V! No Heroes Allowed! R (PSVR)
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/2016-playstation-press-conference-japan-news

And during TGS2016 at their respective stage shows.
[TBA] The Great Ace Attorney 2
[TBA] God Eater New Project (for consoles)
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/great-ace-attorney-2-announced
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/god-eater-new-project-announced-console

salromano

TGS is mainly an event for the public to try out the latest titles. Normally most of the new game announcements happen in advance either in gaming magazines or at pre-TGS conferences. Very few get announced during the event itself.

Anyway here's a list of new games that were announced at this year's PlayStation Press Conference.
[PS4] New Generation Gundam Versus
[PS4] Earth Defense Force 5
[PS4][PSV] Musou Stars
[PS4][PSV] Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary
[PS4] Granblue Fantasy: Project Re: Link
[PS4] V! No Heroes Allowed! R (PSVR)
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/2016-playstation-press-conference-japan-news

And during TGS2016 at their respective stage shows.
[TBA] The Great Ace Attorney 2
[TBA] God Eater New Project (for consoles)
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/great-ace-attorney-2-announced
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/god-eater-new-project-announced-console

There's a few more you missed:

[PS4] Rewrite
[TBA] New Nobunaga's Ambition
[iOS/Android] Flame X Blaze
[PC Browser] Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation
[PC Browser/Android] Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress the Game
[Smartphone] King's Knight: Wrath of the Dark Dragon
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 Professional

And I guess if we're considering the PS4 port of Rewrite a game announcement, we can consider Digimon World: Next Order for PS4 a game announcement, too.

Any noteworthy game not on the list? Cant think of any big japanese game that was on TGS and is not on the list

Nier Automata, Gran Turismo Sport (keep in mind Persona 5 is already released and was not being showcased at the event). I'm sure there were others, but outside of Nioh, FF7, and RE7 I wasn't really following too many other games.

mao2

There's a few more you missed:

[PS4] Rewrite
[TBA] New Nobunaga's Ambition
[iOS/Android] Flame X Blaze
[PC Browser] Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation
[PC Browser/Android] Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress the Game
[Smartphone] King's Knight: Wrath of the Dark Dragon
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 Professional

And I guess if we're considering the PS4 port of Rewrite a game announcement, we can consider Digimon World: Next Order for PS4 a game announcement, too.
Ah thanks, forgot about them. :p

Battlechili

Banned
I thought the coolest parts of TGS were the new God Eater announcement and the release date of Nier Automata being given.

Top Bottom