• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan: Wii U getting 2 Mario Kart 8 bundles next month

L~A

wiiu-mariokart8_14101cmekr.jpg

Coming out on Nov. 13th in Japan. Price is 32 800 Yen (without taxes). It's limited edition (just like the Family packs last year), though both packs are the same content-wise (just the coulour is different).
As you can see on the pic, Mario Kart 8 is preloaded on the console. There's also a Wiimote + sensor bar in the pack.

Source

35 424 Yen with taxes, available on Amazon already.

Edit: new faceplates for the N3DS too!

Roo

Nintendo doesn't pack in physical games for bundles anymore.

This makes me sad.

To this day, I'm still surprised they gave us a full retail package with Nintendoland at launch and not preloaded on the console or some lame sleeve case a la Wii Sports.

NateDrake

Nice Wii U bundle for the holiday season.

Those faceplates look pretty nice. Wonder how well those are selling. They are such a simple concept, but an easy way to bring in extra revenue.

LOCK

Dear god those faceplates all look great.

Nice bundles too, glad Nintendo is giving Captain Toad love.

random25

I bet that Jibanyan faceplate will sell pretty good this year with YW still one of the hottest franchises there right now.

I would rock that KK Slider faceplate if I'll get a white n3DS.

Mory Dunz

...I never noticed that Mario and Luigi had different mustaches until now.

Wow. I wonder if I'm the last person to realize this.

Mario_%26_Luigi_3_NA_Cover.PNG

#VideoGameFactsThatBlowYourMind?

EDIT:
Wait, Mario and Luigi's eyes are Brown/Black here???
So they're blue for what...the 3D platformers/party/sports games?

L~A

Two new Wii U bundles with physical copies of Mario Kart 8/Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land just came out last month in North America, so they haven't abandoned the idea completely.

Funny thing is, the Zelda bundle last year had a download code in NA/EU, but it was pre-installed in Japan.

This time around, it's MK8 physical in EU/NA, but digital-only in Japan.

It's weird, I thought Japanese players weren't too keen on the whole digital game thing on consoles...

Funny thing is, the Zelda bundle last year had a download code in NA/EU, but it was pre-installed in Japan.

This time around, it's MK8 physical in EU/NA, but digital-only in Japan.

It's weird, I thought Japanese players weren't too keen on the whole digital game thing on consoles...

Perhaps Nintendo is interested in improving the digital uptake for game sales in Japan as from what we see of digital sales for Nintendo platforms it seems quite poor relatively.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
To think that some people in MC thread were doubting Nintendo to introduce new holiday bundles considering how successful they were last year. MK8 bundle + Smash Bros. / Amiibos sounds like a solid holiday base.

javac

They didn't want to bundle Smash yet I guess so they decided to go with this with the hopes that people pick it up alongside Smash while giving a boost to MK8 sales and getting it out when the DLC is hot...I guess

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Could help wiiu sales in japan, but I still think that holiday results will be up to smash, which to me will disappoint

lupinko

They aren't, the only game I saw selling digital was Smash 3ds but in general it doesn't stop Nintendo from trying. In fact you get way more Club Nintendo points for buying digital than physical. Iirc I got like 60 points for EX Troopers Eshop.

SalvaPot

They should Include the Zelda DLC on this one, just so they could slap Link with a Motorcycle on that box.

But again, its Mario Kart 8, it should sell just fine.

Taker666

It really is about time they gave the Wii U at least a small price cut in Japan..
..even if it's just to bring it down to sub 30 000 yen.

Amazed they've not really dropped the price at all since launch over there.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Europe not getting a mario kart bundle for the holidays? In the USA were getting a mario kart bundle and a super mario 3d world bundle.

there are several Wii U bundles available in Europe, among those also a MK8 bundle (with just the game, at 300€). I think he was begging for a price cut.

L~A

Yup, doesn't seem like there's a new Wii U bundle for Europe, it's just the MK8 bundle it seemx.

Garou

It is. Nintendo got rid of the white 8GB Wii U in Japan a long time ago. But of course they won't bring it to the west.

Wrong, the 8GB-basic is still an official SKU in Japan. You can even see it in the source-link in the OP. It doesn't have 生産終了 written next to it like other bundles.

Top Bottom